C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 Z06 - The most track-capable Corvette ever

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 04:29 PM
K B Vettin
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
I think thats apples to oranges when comparing a modded C6 ZR1 to a modded C6 Z06. From the start the ZR1 is MUCH more tame than the Z06 in terms of street manners. A small cam in a Z06 it becomes an animal to drive around town.
Agreed, but I'm running a huge cam and still think it drives great. Bottom line is if you are use to driving big cam cars then you are used to driving a animal.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Dave Schotz
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Guys, first let me say, I can't wait for the new C7 Z06, and I'm sure I'll get one, but for now, love my ZR1. My Dad is on the wait list for a museum delivery C7 Z-06 to replace his current C6 Z-06!

However, I'm going to be curious on how they will get this quicker than the ZR1. The Z-06 I get, as it will have 100 more HP I'm sure. But the new C7 already weighs more than the outgoing ZR1. And now the new Z-06 (assuming will be same 6.2 litre LT1 with supercharger (LT4), will weigh at least a 100 lbs heavier than the Z-06 did... and about 50lbs heavier than the current LS9. The new car doesn't have the benefit of switching to an aluminum frame over the standard C7 since the standard C7 already has one.

Both cars also benefit from same Pilot Sport Cup tires... So I'm wondering if they do some serious Aero changes to help, though the spy photos haven't shown anything 'drastic'.

Only time will tell... be interesting to see it's Ring Time & Laguna Seca time!

Pumped!

Dave
Old 12-08-2013, 09:59 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

I believe the suspension will be setup more track ready than the previous z's. GM will cheat it over a bit to race specs. I noticed my c7z51 has more negative camber than any of my other vettes have had stock. I am hoping the aero is a step up so we can get the advantages that splitters and wings provide without having to go that far. Also would be nice if the cooling systems and brakes can actually hold up under continuous track duty.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:20 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 - The most track-capable Corvette ever