C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Is the new Z06 what you really wanted to see?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Caddylac10
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the first time ever, we can call the Corvette a supercar. Even GM is talking about it in a different light than the ZR1.

This is the first time ever that GM has come out and called a Corvette a supercar from the start. That's the difference; the C7 Z06 is a supercar now.

So yes, it's an amazing car. You don't have to see it run one test to know that the performance is going to be bonkers and raise the bar.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Trackaholic
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 69 Posts

I would have preferred something lighter, normally aspirated, with less weight on the front. Maybe 500-550 HP. That would have been MY ideal Z06.

This S/C Z06 will certainly be more capable than my ideal, but is also leaning more towards the brute force solution rather than the finesse solution.

Other than the supercharger, the car is simply awesome. I hope GM eventually releases a Grand Sport that basically takes the Z06, gives it a normally aspirated engine, and sells it for $80,000 loaded (about $10,000 more than a Z51).

Still, I'm sure once the reviews come it I won't mind the S/C as much as I do now.

-T
Old 01-13-2014, 09:18 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
I thought the word is under $100K fully loaded Z07 package. SO probably looking at a $75K starting area.
I see no reason it shouldn't start at 75k, they cut allot of cost, by not changing the body that much, the grill and the hood make the car, I don't care much for the wing( which is probably an option)
I love that that motor is supercharged and forged, anything over 75 for a base and the car is not worth the extra money IMO, I'm in for a max of 85k with a few options, of not I'm getting another viper (a gen 4 snakeskin green coupe) and save 15k.

Quick Reply: Is the new Z06 what you really wanted to see?