C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Need help to understand Aero 1-3 packages for '15 ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Rich zo6
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help to understand Aero 1-3 packages for '15 ZO6

Hello, all.
I have not found any pics nor understand exactly the differences to place correct order. Thank you in advance
Old 09-06-2014, 09:39 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich zo6
Hello, all.
I have not found any pics nor understand exactly the differences to place correct order. Thank you in advance
Here's the basics, as I understand them. Stage 1 is a basic Z06, with no added aero packages. Stage 2 is either the CFZ Carbon Flash painted ground effects package or the CFV Bare Carbon Fiber ground effects. Stage 3 is part of the Z07 track package and adds adjustability to either the required CFZ or CFV package for the front splitter and rear spoiler.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:42 PM
ibleedgreen
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

shown at 6:39

From the above video:

Stage 1 is BASE

Stage 2 is CFV or CFZ without the Z07 package

Stage 3 is CFV or CFZ with the Z07 package

Old 09-06-2014, 09:56 PM
dwward
Jukebox Graduate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ibleedgreen
shown at 6:39....
Perfect! and thank you!

We need to just bookmark this post and refer back to it the 3 times per day this question is asked.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:14 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Time for some stickies in this area
Old 09-06-2014, 11:48 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BeaZt
Time for some stickies in this area
Old 09-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Rich zo6
7th Gear

Thank you all!
Old 09-07-2014, 11:21 AM
DAKING
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
Here's the basics, as I understand them. Stage 1 is a basic Z06, with no added aero packages. Stage 2 is either the CFZ Carbon Flash painted ground effects package or the CFV Bare Carbon Fiber ground effects. Stage 3 is part of the Z07 track package and adds adjustability to either the required CFZ or CFV package for the front splitter and rear spoiler.
i am under the impression that you can still get both CF packages with the 1LZ stage 2995 / 3995 ..will know tomorrow for sure they called me to at least get the pre order in.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:23 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by DAKING
i am under the impression that you can still get both CF packages with the 1LZ stage 2995 / 3995 ..will know tomorrow for sure they called me to at least get the pre order in.

1LZ is an interior option and does not affect your selection of the CFZ/V option.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:42 AM
DAKING
Racer

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
1LZ is an interior option and does not affect your selection of the CFZ/V option.
his question said aero..i believe....lol anyway, with all the hoop-la on these subjects we still dont know the pricing, we have an idea off of a couple of posts on here but its still conjecture . middle of month i'm thinking . what they do have (dealers) is there bible the auto bill/build so u can see all the options, which is a nightmare. fom what i see the difference between 1lz/2lz about 10 differences...seats mirrors remote etc.and interior trim.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:48 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

his question said aero..i believe....lol anyway, with all the hoop-la on these subjects we still dont know the pricing, we have an idea off of a couple of posts on here but its still conjecture . middle of month i'm thinking . what they do have (dealers) is there bible the auto bill/build so u can see all the options, which is a nightmare. fom what i see the difference between 1lz/2lz about 10 differences...seats mirrors remote etc.and interior trim.
Read the order guide. Pricing of each RPO code is public, you can get it from your dealer or the Kerbec website. Configurations are not a mystery. What is included in a few RPO codes is not clear, but the code options are very clear. Differences between 1LZ and 2LZ are clearly spelled out in the order guide.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:54 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Your statement that one can get the CF...CFZ/V with the 1LZ.

Yes you can as the 1LZ is an interior option, which has nothing to do with the selection of the CFZ/V, which is an exterior aero option.
Hope that is clear?
Old 09-07-2014, 11:58 AM
DAKING
Racer

Originally Posted by CaryBob
Read the order guide. Pricing of each RPO code is public, you can get it from your dealer or the Kerbec website. Configurations are not a mystery. What is included in a few RPO codes is not clear, but the code options are very clear. Differences between 1LZ and 2LZ are clearly spelled out in the order guide.
as of fri my dealer had no prices..they might b a tad slow on the trigger.....also true maybe nightmare was a little harsh but there are quite a few options
Old 09-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

as of fri my dealer had no prices..they might b a tad slow on the trigger.....also true maybe nightmare was a little harsh but there are quite a few options
My dealer had pricing. They gave me a matrix with all the options and order codes with pricing on them. This was Criswell.
But agree that GM has been slow to get the online "build your own" portion of their website done. It was horrible last year, as many of us had placed our orders and they were in production or already built before the "build your own" was up and running.
S.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:42 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Gee, I gave my order configuration to the dealer Thursday afternoon, he did the pricing and entering it in the computer, and Friday morning, I went in, approved the deal and wrote a deposit check. Now the long wait for an A8 Z06 allocation to arrive.

The pricing is not in the ordering computer, but it is available to the dealer with minimal effort. Your dealer is either lazy, ignorant, or dishonest.

There are these things called pad, paper, and calculator. Who cares if the website won't spit out a number?

Last edited by fdxpilot; 09-07-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:12 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

They are very slow on the trigger. Any dealer who really wanted to know the prices could have had them well before Friday. My dealer gave me three pages of prices on Monday. And they matched what Rick Conti posted here a couple weeks ago.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:20 PM
rmarble57
7th Gear

I'm just in the process of building out the particulars on my Z06 order at my local dealer.

I haven't found any definitive information so I'm asking here:.

1) Is Carbon Flash just paint over standard plastic?
2) If you order either CFV or CFZ are you just replacing the standard aero pieces with either painted (Flash CFZ) pieces or real carbon (CFV)?
3) One piece seems to indicate that you get the side splitters with either of these packages, but maybe not with the base package.
4) Does anyone know at what option level you get the see through middle piece on the rear wing?
5) Does anyone know what it means to get "adjustable aerodynamics" with the Z07 package? Does that mean that you can add the large end pieces to the front splitter?
6) and lastly, I'm assuming that if you don't pick CFZ or CFV that the front splitter and rear wing are just black plastic.

Would appreciate any accurate information.
Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Need help to understand Aero 1-3 packages for '15 ZO6

Old 09-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rmarble57
I'm just in the process of building out the particulars on my Z06 order at my local dealer.

I haven't found any definitive information so I'm asking here:.

1) Is Carbon Flash just paint over standard plastic?
2) If you order either CFV or CFZ are you just replacing the standard aero pieces with either painted (Flash CFZ) pieces or real carbon (CFV)?
3) One piece seems to indicate that you get the side splitters with either of these packages, but maybe not with the base package.
4) Does anyone know at what option level you get the see through middle piece on the rear wing?
5) Does anyone know what it means to get "adjustable aerodynamics" with the Z07 package? Does that mean that you can add the large end pieces to the front splitter?
6) and lastly, I'm assuming that if you don't pick CFZ or CFV that the front splitter and rear wing are just black plastic.

Would appreciate any accurate information.
Thanks
1. It's carbon flash paint over carbon fiber
2. Both CFZ and CFV are real carbon fiber, one painted, one exposed
3. Correct
4. Z07
5. See question 4. Yes.
6. I believe they are made of the same material, albeit molded under heat and pressure, as that in SPAM.
S.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:27 PM
rmarble57
7th Gear

Thanks for that fast reply.

For the sake of understanding, why would painted over real carbon be less money that exposed carbon? Does it provide some type of protection over fading etc?

I'm leaning toward not ordering either the Z07 option or either of the aero packages, but I have yet to find any pictures of pre-production cars that don't have all the farkle added.

Thanks again.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

The clear finish that they use on the exposed CF pieces is apparently very expensive. Couple that with the fact that the general feeling is that the best finished pieces are used and the price is higher. The exposed CF roof is pricey too, as the base roof is painted CF and the exposed roof is a $1995 option (and you still only get one roof).
S.

Quick Reply: Need help to understand Aero 1-3 packages for '15 ZO6