C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z07 Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 11:20 PM
Foxer55
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Z07 Brakes

When I got my 2010 GS and started tracking it, one of the first things I did was add stainless steel brakes lines and replaced the brake fluid with high temp fluid. Anyone have any idea since the Z07 option includes the Brenbo CC brakes, will the car come with SS brake lines and high temp fluid or will that be up to the owner?
Old 10-25-2014, 12:29 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,808 Likes on 1,146 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by Foxer55
will the car come with SS brake lines and high temp fluid or will that be up to the owner?
No and no. It'll be up to the owner. You'll never see GM OEM-supply stainless steel lines on any mass-produced car. And high temp brake fluid is both too expensive and requires too much attention from the owner (ie, lots of changes).
Old 10-25-2014, 01:59 AM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by jvp
No and no. It'll be up to the owner. You'll never see GM OEM-supply stainless steel lines on any mass-produced car. And high temp brake fluid is both too expensive and requires too much attention from the owner (ie, lots of changes).
I'm a big fan of Motul 5.1. It requires no bleeding ever and never boils either. At least on sticky street tires it doesn't.

The Stingray Z51 has an almost perfect brake feel. I wouldn't change a thing on the Z06 seeing how it can only be better.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:29 AM
mfain
Drifting

Received 881 Likes on 397 Posts

I assume brake burnishing is still required for the C7 CCBs. It made a tremendous difference in the feel and stopping distance from high speed after doing the process in my C6Z Z07, but doing 50 consecutive hard stops from 60 mph takes a little planning and felt a little "abusive".
Old 10-25-2014, 04:28 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 735 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick
I'm a big fan of Motul 5.1. It requires no bleeding ever and never boils either. At least on sticky street tires it doesn't.

The Stingray Z51 has an almost perfect brake feel. I wouldn't change a thing on the Z06 seeing how it can only be better.
All brake fluid should be replaced at least every 24 months, and Castrol SRF every 18 months. Anyone really pounding the brakes on a road course will probably bleed the brakes before every weekend.

Get notified of new replies

To Z07 Brakes

Quick Reply: Z07 Brakes