C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Remember Bigg Gunz on LS1TECH

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 01:04 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,156 Likes on 516 Posts

Default Remember Bigg Gunz on LS1TECH

Do you all remember when Bigg Gunz came on LS1TECH and was explaining the electronic management of the LT1. He had all the tuners running in circles and messing with their heads. He then just vanished and was banned there after. He could have been a power train engineer planted to warn the tuners. The ZO6 is developed for the track first and foremost. I doubt drag and roll racing isn't even on their radar screen. Winning the 24 hrs of LeMans and developing the car for Europe is what's on their agenda. I can only imagine the power train engineers rolling their eye's while watching Ron of Vengeance pound the **** out of their brand new ZO6. This could all be just electronic management control for the break-in only.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...m-block-2.html
Old 12-08-2014, 01:51 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 879 Likes on 449 Posts

I remember that guy, was the most excitement and info we had along with keeks, I know some bashed him and called him out on some of the info given but I do believe there was truth to it. He also stated that their were 3 iterations. Which i would believe, LT1, LT4 and another hi-po down the road. Only time will tell, I don't think we will have another keeks and big gunz for quite some time. I wish they allowed engineers to do a Q&A, even if it was just for an hour on the forum.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:01 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Yes, he definitely seemed to be planted. Take a look at page 3 post #46 on the above LS1TECH forum link. He was definitely the real deal.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
I can only imagine the power train engineers rolling their eye's while watching Ron of Vengeance pound the **** out of their brand new ZO6.
I'm gonna go with no on this one and its not their z06 it's Vengeance's vehicle to do as they please. I bet the eng don't give 2 flying ****s what people do as long as they buy the car...
Old 12-08-2014, 02:24 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Chicago1
I'm gonna go with no on this one and its not their z06 it's Vengeance's vehicle to do as they please. I bet the eng don't give 2 flying ****s what people do as long as they buy the car...
I didn't say it was their vehicle. Reread the sentence. Although I can see where you took my comment differently. If you read some of the LS1TECH thread of BIGG GUNZ comments he discusses this very behavior of beating on a brand new car and how GM will control this immature behavior by controlling the ECM. Read it. It's all there.

Last edited by skank; 12-08-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Granted however GM certainly would not have done this on the test cars at road atlanta in fear of poor numbers and press and those cars also had heat soak issues
Old 12-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

I didn't say it was their vehicle. Reread the sentence. Although I can see where you took my comment differently. If you read some of the LS1TECH thread of BIGG GUNZ comments he discusses this very behavior of beating on a brand new car and how GM will control this immature behavior by controlling the ECM. Read it. It's all there.
oooops Thanks for correcting me I did reread it I now see where you are coming from.I had read it the other way around thanks for the clarification..
Old 12-08-2014, 04:55 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Chicago1
oooops Thanks for correcting me I did reread it I now see where you are coming from.I had read it the other way around thanks for the clarification..
No Problem. If you have time read some of Bigg Gunz posts on the above link. He talks about how GM will control the ECM. Very enlightening !!!
Old 12-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Do you all remember when Bigg Gunz came on LS1TECH and was explaining the electronic management of the LT1. He had all the tuners running in circles and messing with their heads. He then just vanished and was banned there after. He could have been a power train engineer planted to warn the tuners. The ZO6 is developed for the track first and foremost. I doubt drag and roll racing isn't even on their radar screen. Winning the 24 hrs of LeMans and developing the car for Europe is what's on their agenda. I can only imagine the power train engineers rolling their eye's while watching Ron of Vengeance pound the **** out of their brand new ZO6. This could all be just electronic management control for the break-in only.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...m-block-2.html
Your right the c7 z is all about the track.

Yes that is what displacement on demand
Motors are all about. --- the track.

And if gm would have slapped a bunch of ground effects on a
Delta 88 in 1977 -- we can say gm designed
That car all about the track. Same thing for
The smokey and the bandit trans am. Those
Ground effects were all about the track.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 12-08-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:29 PM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...enuf said.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:51 PM
_M_
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadRebel
Even a broken clock is right twice a day...enuf said.
This
Old 12-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Big Nutz was just a troll having fun......
Old 12-08-2014, 09:30 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

i think he was the real deal
Old 12-08-2014, 10:26 PM
briannutter1
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys, he was eventually caught in outright lies once Calibrators working to tune the Lt1 achieved expectations. 585 x 1.12 is 655. No pot of gold at the end of our rainbow. His trolling will go down in history.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:12 AM
2003Evo
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Just an assumption but he sounded like a fresh out of college engineer who had a passion for cars and got a job at GM as some kind of application engineer. From reading his stuff I can tell those are powertrain/calibration terms that he uses...he didnt know shiiit just a dumb kid who learned the termanology while working at GM. Some of that stuff doesnt even make sense. I see these stuff all the times with powertrain newbies
Old 12-09-2014, 01:18 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Toilets
Granted however GM certainly would not have done this on the test cars at road atlanta in fear of poor numbers and press and those cars also had heat soak issues
Which ones had the heat soak issues? All I know is Randy Pobst had a problem with the engine oil overheating. Not exactly a heat soak issue.

Bill
Old 12-09-2014, 02:39 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 2003Evo
Just an assumption but he sounded like a fresh out of college engineer who had a passion for cars and got a job at GM as some kind of application engineer. From reading his stuff I can tell those are powertrain/calibration terms that he uses...he didnt know shiiit just a dumb kid who learned the termanology while working at GM. Some of that stuff doesnt even make sense. I see these stuff all the times with powertrain newbies
He could have been one of the younger power train engineers involved. He sure acted cocky. But he also revealed certain things that have come true. The E85 ECM issue, previewing the LT4 when it wasn't revealed at the time.
If you read all 50 some pages of that thread he certainly dropped some info that proved true. He admitted to be on the software side and not the hardware side so it makes sense of his ECM knowledge.

Get notified of new replies

To Remember Bigg Gunz on LS1TECH

Old 12-09-2014, 02:50 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

i think he was the real deal
I followed that thread for a while...until it became obvious he was full of crap. There are a few guys on this forum that remind me of him...constantly writing, as though they are knowledgeable, what they do not understand.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:01 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

All I know is Randy Pobst had a problem with the engine oil overheating.
Bill, don't you think the downforce this car has and the engine always working harder than in previous cars which had less drag is a part of this problem. The hp level, the drag, the supercharger all add heat. In my experience it takes a large engine oil cooler to keep a 600 hp engine happy when you are running it hard. I needed to move a lot of oil through a big cooler to keep temps in check. It is amazing how fast the oil heats up.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:13 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

As to the RA test cars isn't they why they put two coolers on the automatics? Those were pre production cars from a while back. I'd be surprised if they didn't have heating issues with those automatics.

Quick Reply: Remember Bigg Gunz on LS1TECH