C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Torch Red Z06/Z07 Review - Wow

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Jman34
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torch Red Z06/Z07 Review - Wow

Guys,

First of all I want to thank all the forum members for all the information over that last several months. I know it's helped many other including myself fine tune our decisions. First of all I should state parted with my 2010 3ZR ZR1 for this car so it was a big decision for me. This is my 8th Corvette and each experience keeps getting better.

Just brought home #975 Saturday and it's early but here are some initial thoughts. Options, M7, 3LZ, Aero Level 3, Black wheels, black interior, carbon fiber dash, competition seats w/suede inserts, 2 tops(Vis. carbon fiber & transparent), battery protection, etc.

Fit & Finish - First rate, no issues at all. I was very impressed with the build quality. By far the best I've seen. NO orange peel. All body panels were aligned perfectly. The interior is amazing as you all know. Light years ahead of the C6 in every way. Love the suede accents look and feel. Love the authentic look off the materials. I finally feel the interior has caught up the the quality of the exterior. The electronics are awesome, very customizable, and distracting at first so beware on that first drive!

Ride Quality - It's early but coming off my ZR1 this car was much smoother and much more 'planted'. The clutch is great and took a few minutes to get used to the new shift pattern. However it is smoother than my ZR1 was. Was very glad I stuck with the Z07 package. It rode great in all modes. However I haven't had any time with the track mode yet. The exhaust is too quiet in tour mode and sounds good in sport mode but I will definitely go after market with this exhaust down the road. I've already been talking to Corsa about their future plans for this beast and they are currently in development as I'm sure many other manufacturers are.

Misc. - The new Bose system is very good and so much better than it was in the ZR1. In looking the the Pilot Sport 2 tires... I hope I can get 7-8k miles out of them!

Very happy with the car so far. My biggest problem now is getting though the break in period so the real fun will begin. I hope the ECU issues are soon resolved or do indeed 'free up' when the car is sufficiently broken in.

Thank you all!
Attached Images     

Last edited by Jman34; 12-14-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:33 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Great looking' car. Essentially exactly like mine except our interior and exterior colors are swapped. Enjoy that beauty!

Best,
Gene
Old 12-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

Awesome car bro! You picked the best color! Enjoy it!
Old 12-14-2014, 08:47 PM
jrubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy to see you got the car. It is awesome isn't it. It was great talking to you. Come on down to charlotte sometime.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Jman34
Instructor

Originally Posted by jrubicon
Happy to see you got the car. It is awesome isn't it. It was great talking to you. Come on down to charlotte sometime.
I would love to get together with you all on one if your Saturday morning outings. Thank you for all the feedback and yes it's an amazing car. I keep spontaneously making trips to the garage...
Old 12-14-2014, 10:46 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,073 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Congratulations it's a beauty
Old 12-14-2014, 11:09 PM
CORVETTEZL1001
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Congratulations! Nice write up.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:25 AM
Jman34
Instructor

Originally Posted by CORVETTEZL1001
Congratulations! Nice write up.
Thanks guys... Looking forward to trying out the PDR as well.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:46 AM
hyteck9
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

interior pics please? I'm interested in seeing comp seats with suede.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:58 AM
68RPOL71
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jman34
Guys,

First of all I want to thank all the forum members for all the information over that last several months. I know it's helped many other including myself fine tune our decisions. First of all I should state parted with my 2010 3ZR ZR1 for this car so it was a big decision for me. This is my 8th Corvette and each experience keeps getting better.

Just brought home #975 Saturday and it's early but here are some initial thoughts. Options, M7, 3LZ, Aero Level 3, Black wheels, black interior, carbon fiber dash, competition seats w/suede inserts, 2 tops(Vis. carbon fiber & transparent), battery protection, etc.

Fit & Finish - First rate, no issues at all. I was very impressed with the build quality. By far the best I've seen. NO orange peel. All body panels were aligned perfectly. The interior is amazing as you all know. Light years ahead of the C6 in every way. Love the suede accents look and feel. Love the authentic look off the materials. I finally feel the interior has caught up the the quality of the exterior. The electronics are awesome, very customizable, and distracting at first so beware on that first drive!

Ride Quality - It's early but coming off my ZR1 this car was much smoother and much more 'planted'. The clutch is great and took a few minutes to get used to the new shift pattern. However it is smoother than my ZR1 was. Was very glad I stuck with the Z07 package. It rode great in all modes. However I haven't had any time with the track mode yet. The exhaust is too quiet in tour mode and sounds good in sport mode but I will definitely go after market with this exhaust down the road. I've already been talking to Corsa about their future plans for this beast and they are currently in development as I'm sure many other manufacturers are.

Misc. - The new Bose system is very good and so much better than it was in the ZR1. In looking the the Pilot Sport 2 tires... I hope I can get 7-8k miles out of them!

Very happy with the car so far. My biggest problem now is getting though the break in period so the real fun will begin. I hope the ECU issues are soon resolved or do indeed 'free up' when the car is sufficiently broken in.

Thank you all!

Mine (#873) is essentially the twin to yours, but mine is 2 LZ, exposed carbon fiber roof only, and no carbon dash. Looks Great, thanks for the review!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:01 AM
VinnieA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations!! Love that combo!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:22 AM
darth g-f
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks fantastic!!!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:41 AM
Preacher Man
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations! I am heading to the dealer this morning to pick up #383. Merry Christmas
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2014, 09:52 AM
shockwave
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jman34
Guys,

Thank you all!
Beautiful Ride ...... Best of luck and keep the shiny side up..
Old 12-15-2014, 10:05 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Great looking car! Congrats.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:11 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,156 Likes on 516 Posts

Congrats on your new ZO6. Looks very good. In reading the latest about the ECU, it's sounds like just a break-in issue like some of us projected. It really makes sense to treat the car in a respectful way for the first 1500 miles according to the owners manual. This engine is way more precision than any previous Corvette engine. The supercharger spinning at 20,000 might have a lot to do with the break-in procedure. You might want to wait on the aftermarket exhaust after living with it. I've talked to a few guys that did just that and are happy that they didn't switch it out. Red looks hot !!!
Old 12-15-2014, 10:45 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

I am curious how you find the competition seats. Do you find them a lot more supportive and worth the money ?

Get notified of new replies

To Torch Red Z06/Z07 Review - Wow

Old 12-15-2014, 11:03 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Looks great. Congrats.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:04 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Preacher Man
Congratulations! I am heading to the dealer this morning to pick up #383. Merry Christmas
Very Merry Christmas.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:17 AM
cvette23
Intermediate

Congrats!! And I agree. The quality of the interior has definately improved. Much better feel

Quick Reply: Torch Red Z06/Z07 Review - Wow