C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Now available from SCP: C7 Z06 B&B Exhaust Systems!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 11:37 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Here is a vid clip. Sorry, but I just took it this past Monday morning on my Galaxy S5. Not the greatest quality but should give you guys some idea on how the B&B Fusion sounds. Stock everything, except the B&B Fusion Cat-Back system.
I started the car in Tour Mode and revved it to 2500rpm and then to 4500rpm. Then I shut off the car hoping to start it in Sport mode. Well, that did not work. When you hear me start it a 2nd time it is still in Tour mode. @ the 55 second mark, I switched to Sport mode and you should be able to hear the baffles open up. I revved it to @ 2500rpm, then to @ 4000rpm and then to @ 4800rpm.
Be sure to turn your BASS all the way down and TREBLE all the way up on your speakers before listening. It sounds better if you are able to use some quality headphones. If you can, turn the volume up as much as possible!

Old 10-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Destrukt
Got Boost?!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18.'19

Still waiting for the B&B BULLETS video clip on a C7 Z06, but seems like none exist
Old 10-18-2015, 04:28 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by Destrukt
Still waiting for the B&B BULLETS video clip on a C7 Z06, but seems like none exist
We are doing an Akrapovic slip on next..
Old 04-18-2016, 09:38 AM
Destrukt
Got Boost?!
Support Corvetteforum!

Any yet?
Old 04-21-2016, 08:51 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Any yet?
I know B&B is putting a couple videos together now. Stay tuned...
Old 01-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Dfwz06
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

On a z06, what do you do about the AFM valve locations on the fusions?
There's no afm on the z06's.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:35 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by DSOMonster
Here is a vid clip. Sorry, but I just took it this past Monday morning on my Galaxy S5. Not the greatest quality but should give you guys some idea on how the B&B Fusion sounds. Stock everything, except the B&B Fusion Cat-Back system.
I started the car in Tour Mode and revved it to 2500rpm and then to 4500rpm. Then I shut off the car hoping to start it in Sport mode. Well, that did not work. When you hear me start it a 2nd time it is still in Tour mode. @ the 55 second mark, I switched to Sport mode and you should be able to hear the baffles open up. I revved it to @ 2500rpm, then to @ 4000rpm and then to @ 4800rpm.
Be sure to turn your BASS all the way down and TREBLE all the way up on your speakers before listening. It sounds better if you are able to use some quality headphones. If you can, turn the volume up as much as possible!

Very Cool, thanks, Mine are on the way...
Old 01-16-2017, 10:51 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5
Very Cool, thanks, Mine are on the way...
Glad I could be of assistance. You will not regret the purchase!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Destrukt
Got Boost?!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
I know B&B is putting a couple videos together now. Stay tuned...
Did those B&B bullets video come in for the Z06 yet?

Last edited by Destrukt; 01-17-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:57 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,440 Likes on 782 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Any issues with the valves? I have Borlas on order with you for over a month. Borla says they have issues with the valves. Left you a voice mail. Please call me.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:23 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DSOMonster
Glad I could be of assistance. You will not regret the purchase!
Sent you a PM with questions.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:00 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
Sent you a PM with questions.
Sorry, did not log on yesterday. I answered your PM.

B&B is quality and their R&D Dept. did their homework before putting the Fusion exhaust for the C7 ZO6 on the market. The valves perform flawlessly as seen in my quick vid. The sound difference between "Track & Sport" modes versus the rest of the modes are significant in person.

I go through the modes more than most people. I have the exhaust in "Tour" mode arriving/leaving home to not **** off the neighbors too much. I do the same arriving/leaving work since the walls are thin. Once on the road, I always switch the exhaust ONLY to "Track" mode for the sound. The driving mode is in "Tour" mode 75% of the time. If the Z is used to pick up/ drop off the kiddos from school, I tour mode it. If I pick up/drop off from the gym or field, I track mode it. I love using the NPP and that is the ONLY reason I went with the B&B Fusion. If not for the NPP, I would've done the Bullets!!!

Over 2 years with the B&B Fusion and not an issue has arised, accept with the neighbors when I start the Z at 4:30am to go to work!

-Ron in SoCal

Last edited by DSOMonster; 02-24-2017 at 01:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tally Ho (02-24-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 05:48 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Here's the Fusion with speedway tips on a Z06. I really like the look of these over the round tips since they blend in with the angular lines of the rear fascia and tail lights.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Tally Ho; 06-30-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:10 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
Here's the Fusion with speedway tips on a Z06. I really like the look of these over the round tips since they blend in with the angular lines of the rear fascia and tail lights.
The following users liked this post:
Tally Ho (07-01-2017)
Old 10-16-2019, 07:54 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

C7 Z06 Corvette Billy Boat Exhaust Systems

Billy Boat Exhausts have become one of the premiere exhaust manufacturers for the Corvette. Since 1989 they've been manufacturing and building top of the line exhaust systems, and have always been at the very top of the Corvette exhaust R&D market. Each Billy Boat exhaust is manufactured from the highest quality stainless steel components and is designed with the specific vehicle's exhaust flow and tonal needs in mind. It's this attention to detail, quality, and performance that has made them so popular and that makes us at Southern Car Parts so proud to be your number one source for Billy Boat systems.

All Billy Boat exhaust systems on our website are on sale well below the MSRP price, and we stock most of them for your Corvette ordering needs. We've installed Billy Boat exhaust systems on our Corvettes here over the years, and have consistently been impressed with them. This impression is what has brought us to support and respect their products as much as we do.

All that being what it is, we run in to a lot of questions about the various Billy Boat exhaust systems. Because they make so many different types of exhaust systems, and each one has its own ideal use and Corvette application, these questions typically boil down to which exhaust is right for each customer. To try and help clear up some of the confusion, and to help you decide if or which Billy Boat exhaust system is right for you, we wanted to address the benefits and characteristics of each one.

C7 Z06 Gen3 Fusion Exhaust

When GM designed and introduced bi-modal exhaust systems for their flagship Corvette line-up they took the automotive world by storm. These exhausts are brilliant for offering a more tame and quiet driving experience at lower RPM ranges, while also opening up their valves for a wide open roar under more intense, heavy acceleration, and red-line pushing driving conditions. Of course, even with that in mind, the stock mufflers designed by Chevrolet are way too restrictive for the sound most people want and expect out of their small block V8 engine.
The Fusion Exhaust provides that same bi-modal functionality with a more aggressive and race inspired tone. With the tips closed, the Fusion and the Stock exhaust are comparable. The fusion's tone is deepened and cleaner, but, it's not noticeably louder; however, when a Corvette outfitted with a Fusion Exhaust opens up, the sound is unmistakable. The Fusion provides a hearty, muscle-car tone when wide open that is similar to the B&B Bullet exhaust, only a little bit quieter. This is achieved through the use of shortened Fusion mufflers that provide a more free-flowing and resonant exhaust.

C7 Z06 Fusion Available Here with Speedway Tips: http://www.southerncarparts.com/c7-z...ay-p-6680.html

C7 Z06 Fusion Available Here with Oval Tips: http://www.southerncarparts.com/c7-z...ps-p-6682.html

C7 Z06 Fusion Available Here with Round Tips: http://www.southerncarparts.com/c7-z...ps-p-6681.html

These tips are all manufactured from the highest quality polished stainless steel for a beautiful and aggressive visual finish that will match your vehicle's new found tonal and performance benefits.

If there are any other questions you may have about the Billy Boat systems above, or about any other Billy Boat product (or any product we carry here at Southern Car Parts) please do not hesitate to ask. Give us a call at our office at 888-631-1433 and we'll do our best to answer your questions and help you outfit your C7 Corvette as best as possible.

Please click links above for pricing and ordering information.

SCP Team
Old 01-31-2020, 08:49 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

C7 Z06 Corvette Billy Boat Exhaust Systems

Billy Boat Exhausts have become one of the premiere exhaust manufacturers for the Corvette. Since 1989 they've been manufacturing and building top of the line exhaust systems, and have always been at the very top of the Corvette exhaust R&D market. Each Billy Boat exhaust is manufactured from the highest quality stainless steel components and is designed with the specific vehicle's exhaust flow and tonal needs in mind. It's this attention to detail, quality, and performance that has made them so popular and that makes us at Southern Car Parts so proud to be your number one source for Billy Boat systems.

All Billy Boat exhaust systems on our website are on sale well below the MSRP price, and we stock most of them for your Corvette ordering needs. We've installed Billy Boat exhaust systems on our Corvettes here over the years, and have consistently been impressed with them. This impression is what has brought us to support and respect their products as much as we do.

All that being what it is, we run in to a lot of questions about the various Billy Boat exhaust systems. Because they make so many different types of exhaust systems, and each one has its own ideal use and Corvette application, these questions typically boil down to which exhaust is right for each customer. To try and help clear up some of the confusion, and to help you decide if or which Billy Boat exhaust system is right for you, we wanted to address the benefits and characteristics of each one.

C7 Z06 Gen3 Fusion Exhaust

When GM designed and introduced bi-modal exhaust systems for their flagship Corvette line-up they took the automotive world by storm. These exhausts are brilliant for offering a more tame and quiet driving experience at lower RPM ranges, while also opening up their valves for a wide open roar under more intense, heavy acceleration, and red-line pushing driving conditions. Of course, even with that in mind, the stock mufflers designed by Chevrolet are way too restrictive for the sound most people want and expect out of their small block V8 engine.
The Fusion Exhaust provides that same bi-modal functionality with a more aggressive and race inspired tone. With the tips closed, the Fusion and the Stock exhaust are comparable. The fusion's tone is deepened and cleaner, but, it's not noticeably louder; however, when a Corvette outfitted with a Fusion Exhaust opens up, the sound is unmistakable. The Fusion provides a hearty, muscle-car tone when wide open that is similar to the B&B Bullet exhaust, only a little bit quieter. This is achieved through the use of shortened Fusion mufflers that provide a more free-flowing and resonant exhaust.

C7 Z06 Fusion Available Here with Speedway Tips:http://www.southerncarparts.com/c7-z...ay-p-6680.html

C7 Z06 Fusion Available Here with Oval Tips:http://www.southerncarparts.com/c7-z...ps-p-6682.html

C7 Z06 Fusion Available Here with Round Tips:http://www.southerncarparts.com/c7-z...ps-p-6681.html

These tips are all manufactured from the highest quality polished stainless steel for a beautiful and aggressive visual finish that will match your vehicle's new found tonal and performance benefits.

If there are any other questions you may have about the Billy Boat systems above, or about any other Billy Boat product (or any product we carry here at Southern Car Parts) please do not hesitate to ask. Give us a call at our office at 888-631-1433 and we'll do our best to answer your questions and help you outfit your C7 Corvette as best as possible.

Please click links above for pricing and ordering information.

SCP Team
Old 11-19-2020, 08:31 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Order yours today!
Old 06-22-2023, 03:27 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Please shop here : https://www.southerncarparts.com/cat...=C7+billy+boat

Quick Reply: Now available from SCP: C7 Z06 B&B Exhaust Systems!