C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Constraints

Old 03-12-2015, 01:55 PM
Spowell637
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Constraints

My dealer calls and said the order has been accepted and will be scheduled for production as soon as the car "clears constraints". My dealer said my order "has no constraints" I happy to hear this but I'm not sure what constraints mean.

Anyone have any ideal how long it would take under these conditions , for the car to be built?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Spowell637
My dealer calls and said the order has been accepted and will be scheduled for production as soon as the car "clears constraints". My dealer said my order "has no constraints" I happy to hear this but I'm not sure what constraints mean.

Anyone have any ideal how long it would take under these conditions , for the car to be built?

Thanks in advance.
You can see the current constraints on the C7 General Section Sticky "Constraints". Hope this helps.
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2015, 11:23 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Spowell637

Thanks in advance.
Constraints are limits on an option, expressed as a percentage of total production for the consensus cycle (usually two weeks.). Since Chevy tries to build 70 Z06s per day. So for the two week period, about 700 Z's will be built, along with about 1100 Stingrays. As an example, at 45% for Z07s, only 315 orders for the Z07 option would be accepted for the cycle starting this Thursday and ending on Tuesday. You can apply the math to all the other options. If your dealer says your order has no constraints, your order either contained no constrained options, or it was one of the limited number with a constrained option allowed for this period. By next week, the dealer should be able to tell you your order has been accepted, and you moved up to status 2000 or higher.

As you can see from the post above, if your car is accepted in this consensus period, it should have a TPW, or Target Production Week, starting on Monday, April 13th. Your car should roll off the line somewhere between Monday morning and Friday afternoon of that week.

Last edited by fdxpilot; 03-12-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Constraints

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Constraints