C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tire? From new owner (as of next week)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 04:42 PM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Tire? From new owner (as of next week)

Sorry if this has been beat to death earlier, but I have question about the OEM tires that come with the Z06 (2LZ; not the Z07 option package). I understand these tires are summer or seasonal tires and are not to be driven on when the temps hit 40 degrees or below; and aren't to be stored in areas if 20 degrees or below (like my garage was for most of January and February this winter). What 'all season' tires are you folks switching to if you live in the colder climates and want to drive your car in November and December if the roads are free of snow, salt, etc.? I will not be tracking the car, but I do enjoy taking the vette out in the middle of the winter if the roads are clear---and of course I am careful as the traction isn't great. Thank you.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:50 PM
plasboy
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow427
Sorry if this has been beat to death earlier, but I have question about the OEM tires that come with the Z06 (2LZ; not the Z07 option package). I understand these tires are summer or seasonal tires and are not to be driven on when the temps hit 40 degrees or below; and aren't to be stored in areas if 20 degrees or below (like my garage was for most of January and February this winter). What 'all season' tires are you folks switching to if you live in the colder climates and want to drive your car in November and December if the roads are free of snow, salt, etc.? I will not be tracking the car, but I do enjoy taking the vette out in the middle of the winter if the roads are clear---and of course I am careful as the traction isn't great. Thank you.
There is no all season tire that I know of. Winter tires are available. Would check with Tire Rack.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:57 AM
Fastmikefree
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Michelin has just released its first generation of All Season tires (Michelin CrossClimate) but not yet for the Z06 size and I doubt that they will do very soon.

You may want to have a look to Pirelli or other brand since I believe Michelin just make summer tire for the Z06

Last edited by Fastmikefree; 04-17-2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:37 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Been having a problem with one of the front tires on my ZR1 and have researched a replacement set vs finding a one tire replacement.

Appears that all the AS tires are non-runflats. and I didn't even look at the 335 sizes to see what was available.

Michelin really needs to get this situation fixed. The cracking tires have the entire industry in turmoil.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:30 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

As I understood it you can store the tires in a garage below 20 degrees, but you cannot move the car.

My garage is heated, and I don't drive in the winter, so I like my Summer only tires. Much of your horsepower will be useless if you put all season tires on a Z06. There's no way they'll be able to hook up over 600HP at anything below 70mph.

I would like to see a non-runflat option though. The ride is much better.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire? From new owner (as of next week)

Quick Reply: Tire? From new owner (as of next week)