C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

New Carbon Fiber winglets, spoiler and brake ducts

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 02:08 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Default New Carbon Fiber winglets, spoiler and brake ducts

***UPDATED PICS*** 4/24/15

As promised, APR came through with my new Carbon Fiber rear spoiler, front winglets and rear quarter panel brake ducts. Here are a few phone pics while APR shoots some better pics.

All the big parts are done and installed on the Z. Now to wait on APR to finish up the front fender flares, rear quarter panel lower ducts and possibly taillight bezels. 100% Carbon Fiber is the way to go. Not for everybody, but anyone who wanted CFV on their original order, this is the way to go. Better quality than OEM and more parts in full carbon fiber than what GM is offering, or better said, what GM has on CONSTRAINT equals a NO-BRAINER, at least in my humble opinion.

Another shameless plug for Tony and the APR Performance crew! They are the best. State of the art manufacturing, wind tunnel and computerized engineering backed with real world race testing and THE BEST customer service anyone can ask for = second to NONE in my book. They are not some shoddy, fly by night, copycats. These guys deliver the goods! Give Tony and APR a call and ask any questions you have in mind. You will not be disappointed!

-Ron in SoCal

Last edited by DSOMonster; 04-24-2015 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Updated the pics!!!
Old 04-22-2015, 02:15 PM
Freedom 650
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOMonster
As promised, APR came through with my new Carbon Fiber rear spoiler, front winglets and rear quarter panel brake ducts. Here are a few phone pics while APR shoots some better pics.

All the big parts are done and installed on the Z. Now to wait on APR to finish up the front fender flares, rear quarter panel lower ducts and possibly taillight bezels. 100% Carbon Fiber is the way to go. Not for everybody, but anyone who wanted CFV on their original order, this is the way to go. Better quality than OEM and more parts in full carbon fiber than what GM is offering, or better said, what GM has on CONSTRAINT equals a NO-BRAINER, at least in my humble opinion.

Another shameless plug for Tony and the APR Performance crew! They are the best. State of the art manufacturing, wind tunnel and computerized engineering backed with real world race testing and THE BEST customer service anyone can ask for = second to NONE in my book. They are not some shoddy, fly by night, copycats. These guys deliver the goods! Give Tony and APR a call and ask any questions you have in mind. You will not be disappointed!

-Ron in SoCal
looks awesome!
Old 04-22-2015, 02:24 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Thanks Freedom650!

Better pics to come. The weather out here in SoCal is overcast which does not bode well for shooting Carbon Fiber pics.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:01 PM
final gear
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Perfection Ron ! Best looking Daytona orange Z I have seen so far.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Arctic Blastoff
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Are the winglets there for more support,downforce an less rock chips?
Old 04-23-2015, 01:55 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by final gear
Perfection Ron ! Best looking Daytona orange Z I have seen so far.
Thanks Final Gear. It is a labor of love just like my C6 was...DAMN, I miss that car.

This "disease" we have really tests the marriage vows like no other and the bank account takes a nice hit too!

-Ron
Old 04-23-2015, 02:00 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Arctic Blastoff
Are the winglets there for more support,downforce an less rock chips?
It is for downforce! I have a set of full Carbon Fiber end plates I can use if I don't want to use the canards (winglets). I am sure it will help at least a little bit when it comes to rock chips, but that was not a factor when APR put them in to production.

Here is a picture of both. The canards can be taken off and the end plates can be used. I don't see myself swapping them on/off. I like the stage 2 look.

The fender flares are already in production mode to finish up the look. The billet molds are almost done and I should have the first set soon as well as the rear quarter panel lower ducts and tail light bezels.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:09 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

APR does indeed make some great looking products. Top notch carbon fiber.

Also they should put in the holes for the center section spoiler or at least offer it. These cars already make a ton of front down force and even more with the stage 3 front pieces. I must warn you though after seeing the data from the wind test your car will not balanced due to the rear section not being in place. May not be important to you.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:43 PM
Arctic Blastoff
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by lawdogg149

Also they should put in the holes for the center section spoiler or at least offer it. These cars already make a ton of front down force and even more with the stage 3 front pieces. I must warn you though after seeing the data from the wind test your car will not balanced due to the rear section not being in place. May not be important to you.
I gues the same could be said for stage 3 splitter an wing but no sideskirts.still waiting on mine but i can feel the lack of flow to the sides.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:47 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lawdogg149

Hey Lawdogg,
If I am reading your post correctly, that center section of the rear wing/spoiler will be here in no time. You are sharp! Tony warned me about not having the lexan piece installed. APR is making their own lexan piece and it will also fit the stage 3 OEM GM lexan piece. It is still in production. I couldn't wait and told them to install the spoiler anyway. My car was ordered with the stage 2 package and I did not have a lexan piece to begin with in the first place.

Now, I am just waiting for the front fender flares, rear quarter lower ducts and tail light bezels. I will wait for all of that to be ready before I take the Z in again.

APR will have the Z balanced when the entire package is on. Yeah the hood scoop, tail light bezels, front quarter panel inserts and side mirrors are non-functional, but all the other pieces are. The entire package just finishes the look!
Old 04-24-2015, 01:49 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Arctic Blastoff
I gues the same could be said for stage 3 splitter an wing but no sideskirts.still waiting on mine but i can feel the lack of flow to the sides.
Hey Artic, did you order the APR pieces or did you go with another company?
Old 04-24-2015, 10:32 AM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

I didn't see any holes in that rear splitter for the center piece....are they there? If not what is the plan for attaching the center piece?
Old 04-24-2015, 11:10 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by firstgear
I didn't see any holes in that rear splitter for the center piece....are they there? If not what is the plan for attaching the center piece?
APR will be drilling the holes to fit their lexan piece as well as the OEM stage 3 GM piece. I was impatient and couldn't wait so I had them install this one for the time being while they perform R&D on their lexan piece.

The spoiler is one carbon fiber piece versus the the OEM unit which are 3 pieces, I believe. APR's lexan piece will be adjustable up and down and will not have a gap between the lexan and the spoiler when adjusted all the way up.

Enough ranting, sorry about that! To answer your original question, the spoiler on my car does not have the holes for the lexan piece. APR will offer it both ways. My final spoiler will have the holes and APR's lexan piece. I like their product better than GM's.

-Ron
Old 04-24-2015, 02:17 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Alright, I just heard back from Tony and APR. Here is the information on the lexan wicker bill APR will be introducing soon:

- The holes will be in the same location as the OEM holes on the stage 2/3 spoiler. You will be able to use the OEM wicker bill as well as the APR bill.

- The APR wicker bill will truly be an adjustable design.

- The APR piece will be a light smoke in color.

- The APR piece will be 3/4" taller overall than the OEM piece. APR's piece will have 3/4" more adjustable range than that of the factory piece.

I hope this helps out with any questions. I can't wait for my APR wicker bill. Patience is not my strong suit!

-Ron
Old 04-24-2015, 03:15 PM
foreverfuelie
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts

Way cool stuff. You are killing my budget plans for my Z. I want, I want, I want. I would really jump on their lexan piece if they could "emboss" the Z07 in it as the "proto type" GM unit. Small point though, the top quarter panel ducts shown in your pictures are the transmission AND differential cooler ducts. The brake ducts are the lower ducts by the rocker panels in front of the rear fender openings. Again, small point.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:43 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by foreverfuelie
Way cool stuff. You are killing my budget plans for my Z. I want, I want, I want. I would really jump on their lexan piece if they could "emboss" the Z07 in it as the "proto type" GM unit. Small point though, the top quarter panel ducts shown in your pictures are the transmission AND differential cooler ducts. The brake ducts are the lower ducts by the rocker panels in front of the rear fender openings. Again, small point.
Fuelie,
My Bad! Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now I know.

I feel you on the whole budget thing. My budget went out the window even before I finished going through the ordering options.

I guess, MOST people on here know that feeling?
Old 04-24-2015, 08:52 PM
Shysterman69
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Does the APR front splitter and side skirts come with all of the required hardware to install along with instructions? I can't find any such info on their site or RPI's site.

I am picking up a '15 Z06 3LT tomorrow...

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To New Carbon Fiber winglets, spoiler and brake ducts

Old 04-24-2015, 09:09 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shysterman69
Does the APR front splitter and side skirts come with all of the required hardware to install along with instructions? I can't find any such info on their site or RPI's site.

Thanks!
Yes. APR will send instructions and all necessary hardware. Give Tony a call. He can walk you through a typical installation and all the shortcuts and secrets they found.

There are some difficulties you may want to know about before tackling this job yourself. He may even send you the instructions before the parts get to you.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:11 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shysterman69

Thanks!
You will not sleep tonight...TRUST me, I didn't get any the night before! What color?
Old 04-24-2015, 11:02 PM
zo6 08
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 125 Posts

Congrats on your new car!! Enjoy!!!

Just to clarify..

Z06 is 3LZ

Stingray is 3LT

Quick Reply: New Carbon Fiber winglets, spoiler and brake ducts