C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Loving my Z

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 08:32 PM
almarlowe
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Loving my Z

Have 500 miles on my Z06/Z07. Live in Pgh and had it shipped from RI. Couldn't get it inspected by my local guy because of the Cups. Took it to a dealer to get it inspected and the 500 mile oil change. Had to drive it around not inspected for a while to clock 500. Finally it is legal and I love this car. Street raced much in the 70's with my 66 427 Chevelle, etc. Bought a new 2010 SS Camaro and loved it but this car is the *****. Never do I take it out without someone admiring it. Not sure if most even know what it is other than a Corvette. It is a dream to drive and will probably be the last muscle car I will ever own. I have not had the chance to really get into it yet but that day is coming soon. Can't wait.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:47 AM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Old 05-17-2015, 09:44 AM
astromikey
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm with you ... I have 400 miles so far. My 10 year old said I came home in the bat mobile ... I asked if that made me batman and she replied "No ... not really".
Old 05-17-2015, 02:07 PM
jmk
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by almarlowe
Have 500 miles on my Z06/Z07. Live in Pgh and had it shipped from RI. Couldn't get it inspected by my local guy because of the Cups. Took it to a dealer to get it inspected and the 500 mile oil change. Had to drive it around not inspected for a while to clock 500. Finally it is legal and I love this car. Street raced much in the 70's with my 66 427 Chevelle, etc. Bought a new 2010 SS Camaro and loved it but this car is the *****. Never do I take it out without someone admiring it. Not sure if most even know what it is other than a Corvette. It is a dream to drive and will probably be the last muscle car I will ever own. I have not had the chance to really get into it yet but that day is coming soon. Can't wait.
I sure don't see enough of these kinds of posts! It certainly expresses my thoughts - not one instance of trouble with anything, including the overheating issue that winds up in forums occasionally. All I can say is read the book, use what you read, and go have a blast with your ZO6!
Old 05-17-2015, 09:05 PM
jps197
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by jmk
I sure don't see enough of these kinds of posts! It certainly expresses my thoughts - not one instance of trouble with anything, including the overheating issue that winds up in forums occasionally. All I can say is read the book, use what you read, and go have a blast with your ZO6!

Thanks Pal, I feel much better, anxiously awaiting the arrival.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:10 PM
TRT SR
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 102 Posts

warm tonight so the wife and I got ice cream at the local spot.. sitting outside with my car close by, several people came by and said, can I look at it? I told them are you kidding , let me show you inside and the motor too. This car commands attention when ever i drive it! Make sure to show your baby off too, dont want people thinking the Corvette owners are stuck up like the others, Lambo, Ferrari , Porsche...
Old 05-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Closs2sx
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

TRT SR can you drive it up to NH to show me to hold me over while i wait lol
Old 05-17-2015, 10:54 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,074 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

When you own one you understand that it is truly an amazing automobile.
Congratulations
Old 05-17-2015, 11:38 PM
Closs2sx
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I just hope it's leaps and bounds better than my zl1. I am super excited but I like my zl1 and my dad and I bought the same car together they are identical except the vin it was a father son deal a memory I will have long after he is gone so I am giving up a shared bond with my dad so I need the z06 to be a big difference to make it worth it. Not being able to drive one before you buy is going out on a limb for me. I am at the point with my zl1 where I add more power and void warranty or go bigger so I decided to go with the z06. Hopefully I made the right choice. If I could keep the zl1 then it wouldn't be so bad if it doesn't live up to the task. Can't wait
Old 05-18-2015, 08:40 AM
Jet Stream Blue Z06
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I have had my Z06/Z07 for three weeks now and I learn more about it each day and I love it more each time I take it out.
I placed an order for PSS's the day I bought it but it looks like I will cancel my order now that I have almost 1,000 miles on my SC's. I was going to sell them, but now I will keep them until they wear out and hopefully by then the PSS's will be readily available.
My girlfriend and I took a nice ride to the shore yesterday and she got exposed to all of the attention this cars receives. I don't know how many thumbs up we received and we had a bunch of bikers on Harleys that were stopped next to us at a light and they said the car was gorgeous. Numerous people took pictures and some took videos as we drove by.
I took a guy for a ride who has a M4 on order and I let him drive it. He loved the power and the sound of it and said I ruined it for him now.
This car is bad a$$!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2015, 10:18 AM
vettesome
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Closs2sx
I just hope it's leaps and bounds better than my zl1. I am super excited but I like my zl1 and my dad and I bought the same car together they are identical except the vin it was a father son deal a memory I will have long after he is gone so I am giving up a shared bond with my dad so I need the z06 to be a big difference to make it worth it. Not being able to drive one before you buy is going out on a limb for me. I am at the point with my zl1 where I add more power and void warranty or go bigger so I decided to go with the z06. Hopefully I made the right choice. If I could keep the zl1 then it wouldn't be so bad if it doesn't live up to the task. Can't wait

I have a Lingenfelter 700 HP Zl1 and the Z06 is a big upgrade over that car. I love them both but the Z06 is tighter, quicker and far more advanced. You will love it.

Last edited by vettesome; 05-18-2015 at 10:26 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Loving my Z

Quick Reply: Loving my Z