C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Allocation ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 02:09 PM
Closs2sx
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Allocation ?

Can anyone tell me when allocations are given out? is it a weekly thing or a monthly thing or something else? I am not in a big hurry but I would like to know when i should be checking with my dealer to see if they got one. I dont want to be a pest I just would like some idea when to expect its arrival

thanks
Brett
Old 05-27-2015, 07:05 PM
testpros
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Closs2sx
Can anyone tell me when allocations are given out? is it a weekly thing or a monthly thing or something else? I am not in a big hurry but I would like to know when i should be checking with my dealer to see if they got one. I dont want to be a pest I just would like some idea when to expect its arrival

thanks
Brett
Good question. I was wondering the same thing. My dealer has my deposit and I'm just waiting for my allocation and don't want to keep bugging him.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:39 PM
Baha z06
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not the greatest authority on this and may be corrected by someone with better knowledge. My understanding is each dealership has so many allocations per year based on the number of cars sold the previous year. They receive an allocation kind of in sync with the time of year they sold a car the previous year, so if they sold 3 in September last year, they would receive an allocation again during the same time frame this year. This, I believe, is why it is good to go with a forum dealership because they get more allocations based on the many number of Vetts sold. Hope this helps.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:32 PM
cvwb
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

I was in my local but small dealer last week asking about allocations. He said they have only 2 Z06s for 2016, and he gets a weekly report telling him what C7s and Z06s, if any, he can now order. He told me the allocations have no predictable pattern and that the 2 Z06 allocations might show up next week or or in March, 2016 - no way to tell.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:03 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,997 Likes on 1,150 Posts

It's a mystery!!!! Large dealers will tell you OH we are the only ones that can get you a car. But that a ploy to a certain extent....

My take...just my opinion...... it all depends on demand. If you where GM sure you will take care of the Kerbecks. But once demand eases GM will give any dealer any car to get a sale.

My dealer who is a small Corvette dealers got the C7 on a one and two car basis about every 3 weeks. He got a couple of Zs late fall and was restricted. Come early 2015 he could have ordered any number of Zs.

So right now with the 16s the big boys are getting theirs. But within a couple of months there will be plenty to go around. You want a Stingray anyone can grab one of those now.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:08 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 345 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by cvwb
I was in my local but small dealer last week asking about allocations. He said they have only 2 Z06s for 2016, and he gets a weekly report telling him what C7s and Z06s, if any, he can now order. He told me the allocations have no predictable pattern and that the 2 Z06 allocations might show up next week or or in March, 2016 - no way to tell.
My understanding is the same. Dealers know the total number of allocated orders before the model year begins but they have no way of knowing exactly when during the model year they can place those orders with GM. That is one reason you want to deal with dealers with many allocations.

Each order cycle begins on a Thursday. On a Thursday -- it was typically every other Thursday for 2015s -- the dealership learns what (if anything) they were allocated for that order cycle and what constraints exist. They have until Saturday night to enter orders that meet the constraints for that order cycle. On Tuesday the orders are confirmed or not.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:38 AM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

I am fortunate to be near one of the largest Dealers in the country. Problem with going with a Dealer across the country (courtesy delivery) and we have all seen the threads on this are damaged cars and you have no recourse because you own the car and the resale is irretrievably harmed! Personally I would not even consider it however, many do and as the saying goes "your throat your razor". Just have to ask yourself is it worth it?
Old 05-30-2015, 04:28 PM
Flynbyu23
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baha z06
I am not the greatest authority on this and may be corrected by someone with better knowledge. My understanding is each dealership has so many allocations per year based on the number of cars sold the previous year. They receive an allocation kind of in sync with the time of year they sold a car the previous year, so if they sold 3 in September last year, they would receive an allocation again during the same time frame this year. This, I believe, is why it is good to go with a forum dealership because they get more allocations based on the many number of Vetts sold. Hope this helps.
Correct, you receive allocation based on turn and earn. The small store I work for received one allocation for a 2015 Z06, which I ordered and bought. we received our second while my car was in transit. That car arrived in 35 days. Turn and earn. You also need to have certified technicians for the product you're selling as well. If the technician is NOT up to date with training, you will not receive allocation!
Old 05-31-2015, 11:02 PM
Jeff Eikenberry
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Closs2sx

thanks
Brett
I'm not an expert in this area, but I learned a little when I ordered my Z06. The dealer I normally do business with was unable to get an allocation when I checked with him in early February. Other local dealers wanted over MSRP. I was fortunate to be able to pull some strings with a very well known eastern dealer I had done a few favors for many years ago, and he was able to convince a regional manager in another zone coughed up my allocation.

What I understand the situation to be is that allocations are based upon prior year sales (Corvettes and other Chevrolets), and your dealer should know where he will be with the 2016 allocations soon, if not now. How they are apportioned over time, I really don't know exactly. If I were you, I'd ask point blank if they have an allocation and, if so, can you be given it? If you get no concrete response, I'd move on. Also, I wouldn't pay anything over MSRP and, today, maybe that is high.

Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Allocation ?

Quick Reply: Allocation ?