C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports
View Poll Results: If you've Overheated What is Your Stage Aero 1, 2 or 3
Stage 1 Aero
22.70%
Stage 2 Aero
20.98%
Stage 3 Aero
56.32%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll

ZO6 overheating issues ***MEGA Merge***

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Hou-Tr
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
Huge congrats. Have owned both C7 and plenty of 911's, and each has it's place. 911 TT is nothing short of amazing. Have the Z06 on order screen, but will just need to shake out if I pull trigger or not when it shows. VERY tempted on 2015 911 TT right now...post some pics when you get a second and would love to hear your thoughts after a week or so of ownership.

Plenty of 911's? Several of us blocked you on the Range Rover forum and here you are on the corvette forum. Audi too. You are a scourge of the Internet forums. Looks like you have been blocked here by many as well. You are busted. Didn't take long to put the pieces together by knowing folks at some high end dealerships. You are a laughing stock in the state of Texas. You are the clown that buys the same car over and over again. How long did you keep those 911's fancy pants? One post you reference an R8. How long you keep that one? What a tool. You need to get a life and quit living on auto forums spewing your garbage. The shear number of posts indicates a lonely life. Of course you have your high end wines to keep you company as you indicated in earlier posts. Just one of many reasons folks block you. Looks like I got to block you here too. Let everyone know the next forum you plan on stinking up so we can block in anticipation before we have to read anymore of your a$$ talk.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:02 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Hou-Tr
Plenty of 911's? Several of us blocked you on the Range Rover forum and here you are on the corvette forum. Audi too. You are a scourge of the Internet forums. Looks like you have been blocked here by many as well. You are busted. Didn't take long to put the pieces together by knowing folks at some high end dealerships. You are a laughing stock in the state of Texas. You are the clown that buys the same car over and over again. How long did you keep those 911's fancy pants? One post you reference an R8. How long you keep that one? What a tool. You need to get a life and quit living on auto forums spewing your garbage. The shear number of posts indicates a lonely life. Of course you have your high end wines to keep you company as you indicated in earlier posts. Just one of many reasons folks block you. Looks like I got to block you here too. Let everyone know the next forum you plan on stinking up so we can block in anticipation before we have to read anymore of your a$$ talk.
Certainly an interesting first post
Old 10-10-2014, 10:09 AM
beden1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MavsAK
I think part of it with new or really old and now rare vettes the reason you don't see so many on the track is because the vette even if bought by a car guy represents more than a track weapon but also a very expensive piece of their lives.

Those of us that track cars, know all too well how things can go horrifically wrong in the blink of an eye, and then you're out an incredibly expensive or hard to find parts for car.

Part of the reason I love and don't mind autoxing my C4... if something breaks I'm not out a fortune to fix it. Just some time with my wrenches. Or worst case....5 to 8 grand or so for another Decent car. Some of my more expensive toys....see the track much less frequently than my cheaper ones. Even though I know they're faster.

Now when the C7 hits C4 status... yeah I think we know where it can be found then.

It'd be hard for me to justify putting a 60,000 dollar piece of equipment on the track. Especially when I haven't even fully wrung out the C4 to the full extent of it's capabilities beyond it's top speed. Hell it'd be hard for me to justify driving a 60k car too often as it is... I'd be too scared something would happen to it.

Now my C4..even after all the $ I've sunk into mods? and all of my blood sweat and tears? Pft. That baby gets driven everyday, and driven hard weekly. (gotta burn the carbon out right? ) And then tracked when I've got the time on a given weekend.
I agree with this. It would be hard for me to justify tracking a car in the $100,000 range. IMO, better to use something cheaper to buy and maintain like a Spec Miata, or etc. Using a C4 is also an excellent choice of cars.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:31 AM
URBAN LEGEND
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
It is indeed possible to like more than one brand or model of car, too!

Just like I like redheads......and brunettes....and blondes!
I like how you think.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:44 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

I love Corvettes. I have had many vettes but always also admired 911 turbos. Just figured they were always out of my budget and never understood why they were so damn expensive. I get it now... The other night I went for a ride with my friend who has a 2008 997 turbo and simple bolt ons. Flash/exhaust/drop in filter and intercooler upgrade. It was cool outside around 50 degrees and let me tell you. This thing was an absolute monster. The mix of the AWD and the turbos is a whole different animal. Even with the right tires on my 08 supercharged LS3 I would not have been able to do what he was doing while driving. You can get a low mile 07-09 turbo for 70-80k and do those simple mods for 8k or less. It's all subjective to what you like but seriously I cannot fathom a true car guy dissing a 911 turbo UNLESS they have never driven one. It's well worth the price of admission IMO.

Last edited by thegame; 10-10-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:06 AM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Just got back from a PCA event at Watkins Glen on Tuesday.
New 991 GT3 in our black/instructor run group, as well as many, many 996/997 GT 3's and RS'.....all very, very fast in the hands of decent drivers...the new 991 GT3 definitely under valued hp wise-- no way is it only 475hp....the guy had same exit speed as me and I could barely put one car length on him on the straights....very quick in corners and sounds awesome--different from our V8's--more like the Cup cars that were there (and an RSR too)

Glad I'm on the list for that car
Old 10-10-2014, 11:56 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Wow

A real car guy can appreciate both I wouldnt turn my nose up at either

Embarrassed at all the posts that ring of "My skateboard's better than Jimmys and youre a stupid dummy!"
Old 10-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally Posted by 05dsom
Just got back from a PCA event at Watkins Glen on Tuesday.
New 991 GT3 in our black/instructor run group, as well as many, many 996/997 GT 3's and RS'.....all very, very fast in the hands of decent drivers...the new 991 GT3 definitely under valued hp wise-- no way is it only 475hp....the guy had same exit speed as me and I could barely put one car length on him on the straights....very quick in corners and sounds awesome--different from our V8's--more like the Cup cars that were there (and an RSR too)

Glad I'm on the list for that car
Track stories are the best. Thanks. Asking the obvious I suppose but what were you driving in the duel with the new GT3?
Old 10-10-2014, 05:53 PM
doveboat
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Telepierre
Track stories are the best. Thanks. Asking the obvious I suppose but what were you driving in the duel with the new GT3?
Looks like a ZR in the avatar
Old 10-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Flex182
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by TARANTULA
Just buy the car you like and can afford
i have owned both and enjoyed both...and still do :
Old 10-10-2014, 06:52 PM
ALLANB
Pro

As a car guy and after came into a bit of money thru inheritance about year ago decided to build me a mini stable. Not Jay leno rich so mini stable meant maybe four or so cars . Buying used seemed the way to go as most of these type of cars can be found with very low mileage and in minty condition since many are garage queens.

I had 2008 z06 and had 99 trans am in the stable. I got sick of the z06 being a manual where moved to. Lots of steep driveways and hills with lights and often some pretty heavy traffic.
Lived in nice place so wanted a vert also.

Got the SL55 used for lot less than new price. Minty and 30,000 miles on it . Retractible hardtop. 510 hp stock. A supercar pretty much.
Next went to look at some c7s but Gm dealership here were complete aSShats and went right out the door and bought a nice 911 turbo . Again used for quite a bit less than new price . 480 hp but fairly light car and amazing hook being all wheel drive again pretty much a supercar.

Third car in stable is still the 99 trans am. Domestic has some big advantages. Parts are cheaper for sure than the German stuff.
Pretty easy to work on as well. So for now keeping that one.

Was thinking corvette maybe for fourth stable car. But wanted automatic and like the idea of a vert or removable roof. Wasn't into a
base c6 and not really into a base c7. Fortunately Gm decided to offer the z06 with auto option and vert and removable roof option. So likely this will become eventually the fourth stable car.

Since be a few years before buy a z06 as hate paying new price picked up another Trans am to play with in the meantime. And if sell my 99 Trans Am off the super crazy twin turbo one in my sig maybe pick up a viper . But again not a fan of manuals anymore so might convert the viper over or maybe they will put out an auto viper soon.

If won the lotto would add a bunch more cars to my stable as above all else am a car guy.
Would add a Ferrari F430 or 458 two of my favorites. Would likely add a Gallardo or Diablo. Would maybe add a nice f type Jag, An Aston Martin , an R8. And some old muscle likely as well. A big block Chevelle, A grand national. A SD455 trans am.

Point here is the Porsche especially the 911 Turbo and the GT3 are supercars. As is the new z06. And while the 911 turbo and GT3 are both a bit overpriced or maybe a lot overpriced you can still get a few year old one like I did for a pretty great price in minty shape.

If you want the newest tech for 100k then its very hard to beat the z06. For sure the z06 to me is above the base 911 and the Caymans, boxsters..

But until you drive and live with a 911 turbo for awhile I wouldn't be too quick to cut one down. They are big fun and really isn't that what cars should be. Fun. Man some guys sure take their cars and brands and models and all that so darn seriously!
Old 10-10-2014, 07:57 PM
OriginalCFmember
Advanced

Corvette is the clear choice over Porsche. Their prices are ridiculous, rear engine is pathetic, and the artificial gimping of the Cayman is a disgrace. The only thing that Porsche has that puts GM to shame is their PDK. GM needs to offer DCT as an option on Corvette ASAP. But, even with the 7spd, the Corvette is still the choice over Porsche.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:55 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by doveboat
Looks like a ZR in the avatar
yes, I was in my ZR1

and the list I am on is for a 2015 GT3

Last edited by 05dsom; 10-10-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:09 PM
OriginalCFmember
Advanced

Originally Posted by ALLANB
But until you drive and live with a 911 turbo for awhile I wouldn't be too quick to cut one down. They are big fun and really isn't that what cars should be. Fun. Man some guys sure take their cars and brands and models and all that so darn seriously!
If the Cayman S retained the current MSRP, but added the 911 Turbo PDK drivetrain, I would buy one tomorrow.
I agree the the Turbo is an amazing car, but the MSRP is RIDICULOUS and the rear engine layout is moronic since the Cayman's release.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:35 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Third car in stable is still the 99 trans am. Domestic has some big advantages. Parts are cheaper for sure than the German stuff.

Yeah, those f bodies are keepers. They have a lot in common with the other cars you are collecting.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:39 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

When I was shopping for my last car, I had the option to go with a Porsche of the same year as my 89 C4. I didn't for a few reasons, even though the P car had the manual in it.
1: it wasn't as fast in slow to mid speed acceleration. 2: ....six banger doesn't sound as good as a V8 no matter how it's dressed, 3: 2200 dollars just to find a clutch. Which was going to need to be replaced eventually. 4: styling... I just can't love P car styling aside from the Carerra GT I don't like Round Cars. I will likely never like Round Cars. 5: it didn't hold up nearly as well as the vette did, even with half the miles on it.

For all of the 'great feedback' talk about P cars, it to me doesn't communicate in two very critical areas. Exhaust Note, and Style. They aren't as visceral as a Corvette. So even with the option for either... I'll take the Vette, every time. Heck I'll take a Pre Gen 5 F Body too over the P Car, hands down. Especially Gen 4.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Hou-Tr

Nice first post troll.

Damn this place is attracting a whole bunch of jealous yahoos

Get notified of new replies

To ZO6 overheating issues ***MEGA Merge***

Old 10-11-2014, 01:09 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Ok, let's be honest here, if your a single guy (or not) and looking to pick up smoking hot materialistic babes, for a just some short lived fun (then get rid of those high maintenance headaches), then the Pus-sy car is clearly the way to go! Just saying, that's one reason some might go with the P Car.

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 10-11-2014 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:14 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
Ok, let's be honest here, if your a single guy and looking to pick up smoking hot materialistic babes, for a just some short lived fun (then get rid of those high maintenance headaches), then the Pus-sy car is clearly the way to go!

Normally I would agree but here in Europe P-cars are as common as Corvettes are in America. Corvettes always draw attention. And if you have a after market exhaust...
Old 10-11-2014, 01:23 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally Posted by 05dsom
yes, I was in my ZR1

and the list I am on is for a 2015 GT3
Thanks for confirming and I envy you for that incoming GT3. I really do.

For compare sake though, what I got from your post is that at parity of track driving skills, a new GT3 cannot overtake a 2009 ZR1, which, in a new ZO6 context is rather interesting.

It really goes to my thinking that if there ever was a rivalry between the P philosophy of precision and handling vs the C technological advances of harnessing "brute power" then the finesses is loosing..

obviously IMHO

Quick Reply: ZO6 overheating issues ***MEGA Merge***