C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Please help - cannot get coolant gauge back in pocket gauges

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 09:12 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Default Please help - cannot get coolant gauge back in pocket gauges

I went around with this a day or two ago, but it got randomized by people just quoting the manual. I've read the manual, honest. I've read the pages people have posted. It doesn't solve it.

But I really want to solve it, and need some help.

A couple of days ago I was playing with editing the pocket gauges. I was trying to add the HP gauge, which took some time because the car has to be running, not just on. But I did that. I put oil temp on the left the HP on the right.

Now that the novelty of that has worn off, I'd like to get my coolant temp gauge back. It's NOT listed in the pocket gauges menu on either side. I have trans temp, oil temp, hp, a couple of others, but no coolant. This is in the Sport dash of course, where the pocket gauges are.

If no one knows how to get it back, is there a way to reset the whole damn thing back to defaults? In the Edit Gauges I've tried pressing and holding SEL which is supposed to reset things, but I haven't seen SEL reset anything yet.

I'm stymied, and not having a temp gauge is annoying (and there are dozens of workaround to find the temp, that's not what I want, I just want it back like it was factory).

Any help would be really appreciated.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:31 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Don't think there is a pocket gauge for engine temp. In Sport Mode I think your only option is to select performance and scroll down to display coolant (engine) temp in the center of the Sport display.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:43 AM
GETAGUN
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CaryBob
Don't think there is a pocket gauge for engine temp. In Sport Mode I think your only option is to select performance and scroll down to display coolant (engine) temp in the center of the Sport display.
You're right. It's not a pocket option. Only way to full time see it is in tour screen.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:53 AM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Mine came from factory set at oil pressure on left, oil temperature on right.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:24 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by GETAGUN
You're right. It's not a pocket option. Only way to full time see it is in tour screen.
Not true.

The OP wants to display it in Sport Mode. Choose the performance option, scroll down to the third option and you can display a bar graph of coolant temperature in the center of the screen, inside the tachometer display. In Tour mode, you see the actual temperature, in Sport you see a bar graph with a needle.

To the OP: there never was an engine coolant pocket gauge. There is an oil temp gauge and a transmission temp gauge, which is often mistaken for engine temp.

Last edited by CaryBob; 06-11-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:12 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Not true.

The OP wants to display it in Sport Mode. Choose the performance option, scroll down to the third option and you can display a bar graph of coolant temperature in the center of the screen, inside the tachometer display. In Tour mode, you see the actual temperature, in Sport you see a bar graph with a needle.

To the OP: there never was an engine coolant pocket gauge. There is an oil temp gauge and a transmission temp gauge, which is often mistaken for engine temp.
Exactly.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:32 AM
RS4EVA
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts

Would it be possible to use a z51 cluster to get a permanent coolant gauge? boost pressure has no relevant reason for being displayed other than to show that it's supercharged.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:35 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Not true.

Exactly!
Old 06-11-2015, 11:41 AM
jmk
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GETAGUN
I use the Sport display and the center gage (inside the tach, not pocket gages). I'd suggest the same as CaryBob's reply - Sport gage display: "in Sport you see a bar graph with a needle."

Enjoy!
Old 09-06-2018, 04:34 PM
Allen_B
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

This may have changed over the years but in my '17 in Sport mode, my left pocket gage (the default option) shows coolant temp.

Made a point to look at it today when running around and confirmed coolant temp is shown and made a point to check options that I could change it from coolant to oil temp as desired.

Allen
Old 09-06-2018, 07:54 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

^^^^^THREE year old Thread, he probably figured it out by now. Just messing with you.

Last edited by madrob2020; 09-06-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Allen_B
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by madrob2020
^^^^^THREE year old Thread, he probably figured it out by now. Just messing with you.
Odd, it showed up in the board as newer.

My bad...

Get notified of new replies

To Please help - cannot get coolant gauge back in pocket gauges

Quick Reply: Please help - cannot get coolant gauge back in pocket gauges