C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Are ready for 800, 900, 1000, 1200+ HP? ProCharger has your solution!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 12:52 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Are ready for 800, 900, 1000, 1200+ HP? ProCharger has your solution!

Will 1000+ HP new 2015 Z06's become the benchmark? We think so...

THAT SIMPLE FOUR-DIGIT POWER NUMBER HAS BEEN THE HOLY GRAIL FOR STREET DRIVEN PERFORMANCE CARS.

Being able to claim having over 1000 horsepower is a bragging right well deserved. GM has laid the foundation with the LT-4's strong forged motor, now ProCharger superchargers provides you the power adder to make it reality.

For years people have been adding ProCharger superchargers to their daily driven streetcars, and bolting on power gains of over 200+ HP with factory engines. For the better part of a decade (if not longer) these engines have not had forged internals, or compression ratios ready for large amounts of boost. Well, all of that has changed with the LT-4 in this new Z06.

With its fortified forged engine, and relatively low compression, ProCharger knew people would be wanting to build the ultimate supercharged supercar, and would need a power adder that could deliver what this engine could handle. So we set out to create a simple way to remove the small factory roots blower, and bolt on (with no permanent modifications) a ProCharger headunit capable of supporting 1,600+ HP!

Yes, we said 1,600+ HP. But we know that over time customers of ours will very well push that number above that just as they have with ProCharger supercharged C6 Corvettes now in the 1,600HP range (VIDEO), thanks to the super efficient boost and power created by the ProCharger centrifugal headunits. Packs of ultra high horsepower street driven Corvettes have become mainstream on the Internet these days.

When we first set out to perform this swap from roots to centrifugal, we wanted to see what the gains would be at the 100% stock boost level (~10psi). Just to prove the concept of that gain in efficiency and power production. With simply removing the factory blower, and leaving the 100% factory tuning (same timing, same fuel, same boost) we were rewarded with a gain of 115HP over stock! After testing at the stock boost level was complete, we upped the boost by just a few psi to 13psi, and were rewarded with 720rwhp! (827HP*) - while still running the factory timing, and pump fuel.

Now with gains that large, and power levels that good on this 100% factory engine with a camshaft designed for a roots blower, you can tell that with a camshaft change and more boost that elusive "1,000HP" number is easily obtainable for Z06 owners, more then ever before. Knowing the power levels of these cars was going to be crazy out of the gate, we made sure everything in the system was ready for the task.

INTAKE MANIFOLD:

ProCharger started by building a 100% custom LT-4 sheet metal intake manifold, to replace the factory roots supercharger. (Yes you simply unbolt the factory blower, and drop this into place). This intake features CNC billet intake runners and base plates and thick wall sheet metal built to withstand insane amounts of boost. Spending lots of time in the design stages helped to not only optimize flow/power potential, but also ensured the factory hood line was maintained. For those reading this blog with a Stingray LT-1 based Corvette, don't worry we made this intake work for you as well. (Photos show the different color options avalible)

BLOWER OPTIONS:

From mild to wild, we have a headunit ready to support whatever power level a customer wants to throw at this LT-4 engine. The base system comes with the super efficient P-1SC-1 capable of 725rwhp (825HP) all the way up to the F-2 unit which can support 1,600HP. Each ProCharger supercharger is self contained with its own oiling system, and built out of aircraft grade billet aluminum. Even our gear cases are CNC billet for the ultimate in reliability.

AIR-TO-AIR INTERCOOLER:

ProCharger spent months working on building the ultimate air-to-air intercooler for the C7 Corvette platform. To read more about the massive amount of testing, please check out our previous blog by clicking HERE. Road course testing, Drag strip testing, lab testing, and the ever important stop and go traffic testing. We put our intercooler system through its' paces to make sure it would keep the air temps cool, engine temps cool as well as left all the amazing aerodynamics of the C7's design in place. ProCharger designed two different intercooler systems, each designed to best match the needs of how the car is being used. Please click this blog link HERE, for more details.

REVERSABILITY:

Ok, so we know that the last thing someone wants to do is cut/trim/hack up a new car. Therefor we went to great detail to make sure this installation was 100% reversible if a customer wanted to. The factory blower is easily unbolted and removed, along with its supporting hardware/lines etc. From our bolt in intake, blower bracket, to intercooler system, everything is 100% plug and play. No cutting, bending, tweaking, or trimming of any sort.

OPTIONS:

Available Head Units: P-1SC-1 through F-2 (please see this chart)
Available Head Unit Finishes: Satin, Texture Black, Polished
Available Bracket Finishes: Satin, Texture Black, Polished
Available Intake Finishes: Satin, Texture Black
Available Intake Plate Finish: Satin, Texture Black
Available Bypass Valves: ProFlow, Bullet ProFlow, Race Valve
Available Intercoolers: Vertical, Horizontal

When your ready to take your Corvette Z06 from stock to supercar power levels...
Contact us at 913-338-2886 and we can help show you how.
You can also contact us via sales@procharger.com

*CRANK HP based on drivetrain loss of 14.9%
Rated Flywheel 650hp stock vs. Actual Rear Wheel 553hp stock

- See more at: https://www.procharger.com/blog/will....aK4Pp1cl.dpuf

Last edited by ProChargerTech; 06-29-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:03 PM
ChevyChad
Melting Slicks

Received 1,301 Likes on 530 Posts

VERY nice! Well done, ProCharger. I can't wait to see these start hitting the market. Any pricing info you can share?
Old 06-29-2015, 02:08 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
VERY nice! Well done, ProCharger. I can't wait to see these start hitting the market. Any pricing info you can share?
Not just yet.

It will be around the price of our standard C7 system.
(plus the price of the intake)

We are trying to keep the costs down on the manifold.
So that many LT-4,LT-1 owners can use it.

Last edited by ProChargerTech; 06-29-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:16 PM
Shysterman69
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Impressive! Well done guys! I just sold a 95 Trans-Am that was ProCharged on a built 383 since 2004, still going strong.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:39 PM
gonabite
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice. Can you please post an overlay of the before and after dyno pulls.

Hopefully the fitment will work with the new CTS V as well.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:53 PM
Flyboy22
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Roughly how much weight does this system add?

It will obviously be way faster in a straight line, but will this solution make the car front heavy?
Old 06-29-2015, 03:42 PM
K B Vettin
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

that's an awesome set up!
Old 06-29-2015, 03:51 PM
Corvette4ever
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech

we upped the boost by just a few psi to 13psi, and were rewarded with 720rwhp! (827HP*) - while still running the factory timing, and pump fuel.
Is that with the stock camshaft & stock fuel injectors?
Old 06-29-2015, 03:54 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Shysterman69
Impressive! Well done guys! I just sold a 95 Trans-Am that was ProCharged on a built 383 since 2004, still going strong.
Thats what we love hearing.

Originally Posted by gonabite
Very nice. Can you please post an overlay of the before and after dyno pulls.
We never post graphs for anything really, due to our dyno reading pretty low for what it is. All we care about is over all gains.

However with that being said, we HIGHLY doubt the majority of the customers ordering this kit are just going to leave it at the stock boost level, or a psi or two more.

This system is for those that want to use this forged LT-4 motor to its true potential, by adding a camshaft that is centrifugal friendly, and let this motor scream and breathe. (as the owner of this yellow car is about to do)

However with that being said....on just 2.5psi more boost.

Torque:
The ProCharger actually makes 60.87 more ft lbs of tq peak
And AVERAGES 19.97 more ft lbs for the entire run (2000-6400)

Horsepower:
The ProCharger is up over 167.05 rwhp on the stock tune!
Which says enough about how this thing runs with the hammer down.

Hopefully the fitment will work with the new CTS V as well.
We have not looked into other platforms at this time.

Originally Posted by Flyboy22
Roughly how much weight does this system add?
Likely weights less. Remember how much we are removing.
- Huge factory blower
- Factory Intercooler
- Factory heat exchanger
- Factory intercooler pumps, lines, hoses, etc.

Our blower is pretty light, the bracket is light, the manifold isn't heavy.
The rest is silicon tubing, and the intercooler. Our system weights less then 100lbs total (shipping weight with packing materials)

Maybe we will do a side by side. But on the "guess" after picking up the factory blower alone, its a pretty stout bugger.

It will obviously be way faster in a straight line, but will this solution make the car front heavy?
We have some clear advantages on the road course.
1) The extra 167hp (likely more because of people turning it up)
2) The power band of a centrifugal matches that of road racing
3) No heat soak or power loss, lap after lap after lap....
Old 06-29-2015, 03:56 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Corvette4ever
Is that with the stock camshaft & stock fuel injectors?
100% stock everything, even the tune.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Shysterman69
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

100% stock everything, even the tune.
That is impressive... So you need a car on the east coast... Something flashy... gets attention at car shows, etc... Oh I don't know something like...

Old 06-29-2015, 04:45 PM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Shysterman69
That is impressive... So you need a car on the east coast... Something flashy... gets attention at car shows, etc... Oh I don't know something like...

I get where your going with this, but I do see many other Corvettes with their mouth open (hood up) in the background!!
but only yours is Z06.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:04 PM
ovrebo1
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Whoa a red Corvette! Never seen one of those at a car show!
Old 06-29-2015, 05:16 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Ok, I’m extremely interested.

And side thought, 115hp over stock on the same boost level. This means that roots is doing 115hp worth of heat generating work for the same gain. Dunno if this is the right line of thought but may explain the heating issues people keep running into.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:21 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

And this is exactly why roots needs to be left in the garbage can.

When you go boost, you either go Turbo, or you go Centri.
They are just as reliable, run cooler provide MORE horsepower, and superior fuel economy.
The ONLY downside is it's not an immediate hit of torque like with a roots supercrapper.

Which, as you can see with the 110+ hp difference in a procharger replacement on an otherwise stock C7 ZO6, is completely mitigated by the fact that it's going to rip paw and snort it's way down the track MUCH faster.
And on the road course the power band shift is completely advantageous.

Last edited by MavsAK; 06-29-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:40 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Ok, I’m extremely interested.

And side thought, 115hp over stock on the same boost level. This means that roots is doing 115hp worth of heat generating work for the same gain. Dunno if this is the right line of thought but may explain the heating issues people keep running into.
A roots compressor is only so efficient.
ProChargers are very efficient at using crank hp, to convert into airflow.

There are other factors, but really we were disadvantaged by the fact the camshaft (stock) is designed for a roots blower. Just think if we ran this test at a camshaft that was actually designed for a Centri at the same boost level.

Either way, with the buzz already about this system and the emails coming in. Its only a matter of time before the first kit goes out with a F-1A, gets a cam and headers installed, and hits that 1000rwhp on boost only all day long. .... then the crazies will start coming out.

Personally, I couldn't be more excited.

Originally Posted by MavsAK
ONLY downside is it's not an immediate hit of torque like with a roots supercrapper.
Not really a downside, just gives the car a chance to hook
Making tires turn to smoke. (cool leaving the car show)
Planting the tires and ripping the faces off passengers (priceless)
Old 06-29-2015, 05:43 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

A roots compressor is only so efficient.
ProChargers are very efficient at using crank hp, to convert into airflow.

There are other factors, but really we were disadvantaged by the fact the camshaft (stock) is designed for a roots blower. Just think if we ran this test at a camshaft that was actually designed for a Centri at the same boost level.

Either way, with the buzz already about this system and the emails coming in. Its only a matter of time before the first kit goes out with a F-1A, gets a cam and headers installed, and hits that 1000rwhp on boost only all day long. .... then the crazies will start coming out.

Personally, I couldn't be more excited.

Not really a downside, just gives the car a chance to hook
Making tires turn to smoke. (cool leaving the car show)
Planting the tires and ripping the faces off passengers (priceless)
Pretty much yeah. There's a reason I'm putting a centri on my C4. And will put a procharger kit on my 489 stroker BBC, for my Camaro.
I'd rather have the power be somewhere after the tires have started finding traction, rather than have some worthless heat generating, massive parasitic dragging roots onboard. That besides...it's a pushrod V8... it has plenty of torque downstairs already.

And space is ever at a premium...so turbos are out of the question. So Paxton it is in my C4... and procharger for the camaro

Get notified of new replies

To Are ready for 800, 900, 1000, 1200+ HP? ProCharger has your solution!

Old 06-29-2015, 05:48 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,447 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Damn.

THAT - is a very cool set-up.

Nicely done.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:50 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MavsAK
Pretty much yeah. There's a reason I'm putting a centri on my C4. And will put a procharger kit on my 489 stroker BBC, for my Camaro.
I'd rather have the power be somewhere after the tires have started finding traction, rather than have some worthless heat generating, massive parasitic dragging roots onboard. That besides...it's a pushrod V8... it has plenty of torque downstairs already.

And space is ever at a premium...so turbos are out of the question. So Paxton it is in my C4... and procharger for the camaro
We make a kit for a C4.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:55 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

We make a kit for a C4.
I'm still thinking about going that route, instead of rebuilding the paxton I got cheap, that needs a rebuild.

Quick Reply: Are ready for 800, 900, 1000, 1200+ HP? ProCharger has your solution!