C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2 more Z06's down

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 11:36 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,102 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by NSC5
The story from the local ABC affiliate: http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines/...ice=tablet&c=y
Wow. Things are certainly not always as they seem. Glad no one was seriously hurt.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:51 PM
2cardudes
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrecked Z's

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj

Wow. Things are certainly not always as they seem. Glad no one was seriously hurt.
my wifes cousin is the GM of the dealership...lady had a stroke...both cars were on the front line. the blue car was totaled, the white car 18k in damage
Old 07-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

What a mess.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj

Hopefully the driver that had the seizure had 300k liability.
That will teach that dealer not to park his most expensive stock on the front row near the street.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Movie Muscle
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Sometimes there is certainly more to a story. I was rear ended while stopped at a light. It was a major interesection and the woman was flying. Lifted my car off the road 4 ft and sent it 30ft according to onlookers. She hit me first and then four other cars! Took that much to stop her! Tore the axle right out of my car. I was out first and some fired up. Figured it was a texter who wasn't watching...Soon as I saw her I could tell something was off. She was still behind the wheeel and her first words were "what happened?" I said "you just took out five cars, that's what happened!" She was talking but oblivious. It was very clear that she wasn't lying etc.Turned out she had a brain tumor and zoned out with her foot on the gas. Police were mad the doctor hadn't taken away her license due to the nature of the tumor. Others wanted to sue her.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Movie Muscle
Sometimes there is certainly more to a story. I was rear ended while stopped at a light. It was a major interesection and the woman was flying. Lifted my car off the road 4 ft and sent it 30ft according to onlookers. She hit me first and then four other cars! Took that much to stop her! Tore the axle right out of my car. I was out first and some fired up. Figured it was a texter who wasn't watching...Soon as I saw her I could tell something was off. She was still behind the wheeel and her first words were "what happened?" I said "you just took out five cars, that's what happened!" She was talking but oblivious. It was very clear that she wasn't lying etc.Turned out she had a brain tumor and zoned out with her foot on the gas. Police were mad the doctor hadn't taken away her license due to the nature of the tumor. Others wanted to sue her.
Sue the doctor that didn't demand her family take her license away

Unbelievable.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:22 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

So now the question is... what would you pay for either of these Z's?

From the look of the white car the damage is minimal. Assuming a perfect repair was preformed id buy it for invoice + holdbacks.

Wouldnt touch the blue car for more than 60K repaired.... assuming a sticker north of 95K
Old 07-06-2015, 09:56 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Movie Muscle
Police were not mad at the doctors, because doctors don't take away licenses. They only give letters of reference. The rest is up to courts, LE and DMV.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:18 AM
docb
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Police were not mad at the doctors, because doctors don't take away licenses. They only give letters of reference. The rest is up to courts, LE and DMV.
Are you sure about that? I'm a doctor and I can notify the DMV and have someone's license removed that day. How could you afford to wait for the bureaucracy to do this?
Old 07-06-2015, 10:57 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by docb
Are you sure about that? I'm a doctor and I can notify the DMV and have someone's license removed that day. How could you afford to wait for the bureaucracy to do this?
You notifying DMV and you taking away the license is two different things as I originally stated. You doing your part and the others doing their part is a joined effort. You alone cannot stop some ones privileges. DMV stops the privileges "based" on your report.

I agree with your point about waiting, however, I have actively assisted in cases in which the doctor has recommended the license be suspended and somehow DMV failed to follow through. This is something that is practically impossible to determine while at the scene for the cops.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:14 PM
docb
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
You notifying DMV and you taking away the license is two different things as I originally stated. You doing your part and the others doing their part is a joined effort. You alone cannot stop some ones privileges. DMV stops the privileges "based" on your report.

I agree with your point about waiting, however, I have actively assisted in cases in which the doctor has recommended the license be suspended and somehow DMV failed to follow through. This is something that is practically impossible to determine while at the scene for the cops.
I see your point. I also had a patient with dementia whose family put on the Club to stop him from driving. He took a hacksaw to the steering wheel and drove off.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:42 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Why in the stories like this, it's always a POS car that takes out the vettes

Quick Reply: 2 more Z06's down