C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Car should be about ready

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 05:02 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Default Car should be about ready

Last I heard was TPW 8/24.

Since it was originally supposed to be built mid June, but there was a constraint with the LB red, so it was then supposed to be late July/early August, but more LB red delays, so now, maybe, its time.

I wonder how long the trip from BG to PHX will be. Since it is fairly major rail route, i wouldn't expect the car to side on a rail siding in Podunk, too long.

Longest i ever had to wait for a car, i decided to pull the trigger, back in mid April, but wanted a '16.

Doug
Old 08-23-2015, 05:35 PM
SS MPSTR
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Expect about 3.5-4 weeks.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:20 PM
VetterFlyer
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 49 Posts

Good luck Doug. My car was shipped on April 1 and delivered in Cottonwood on April 30. Mine waited in BG until a truck picked it up and drove to Toleto, Oh. where it sat for two weeks waiting for a rail car. When it arrived in PHX it sat there for several days waiting for trucking to the N AZ. dealer. You can do some tracking but they use two different Rail Co.s to cross the U.S. so it can wait for the hand over in Kansas City, KS. Your dealer needs to keep a close watch when it gets to the yard in PHX, they let the delivery truck driver know that the customer is waiting for your specific car, otherwise they will be hauling Cruse's instead.
Let's get together when you are ready, Jim
Old 08-23-2015, 09:04 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Will do.

My car is delivering to a PHX dealer.

I will keep some sort of tabs on it, and have the Dearborn dealer make sure it doesn't sit someplace in PHX too long.

I think i saw your car several weeks ago in Cottonwood at 89A and 260, unless there is another yellow Z06 in the area.

Doug
Old 08-23-2015, 09:08 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

Doug, perhaps you should have me pick it up for you....I can break it in for you....get the 500 mile oil change.....then I can add a few more miles, you will be all ready when I get it to you in a month.....
Old 08-26-2015, 04:14 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by firstgear
Doug, perhaps you should have me pick it up for you....I can break it in for you....get the 500 mile oil change.....then I can add a few more miles, you will be all ready when I get it to you in a month.....
Thanks for the kind offer, Herb.

Do you have any hot daughters you can send over to my house while I wait for you to deliver? I thought that may speed up the delivery time.

I got word the car has been built and has a VIN, so now waiting for the dealer to get the invoice, and get the OnStar registration set up so i can keep tabs on it.

Doug

Get notified of new replies

To Car should be about ready

Quick Reply: Car should be about ready