C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Help: Water leaking inside cabin?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 01:50 AM
vette.uae
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help: Water leaking inside cabin?

Hello everyone,

I just took my Z for a quick bath and felt water is dropping on my left foot. Thought it would be the same issue I had with my previous C5 as removable tops can get damaged rubbers quickly. HOWEVER, I was shocked when I saw where it is coming from (see picture).

Did anyone face similar leaking?!
Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2015, 05:14 AM
Fastmikefree
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Man, looks bad! Were you using a pressurized water hose like a Karscher??? Never saw that before...
Old 12-22-2015, 05:25 AM
vette.uae
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fastmikefree
Man, looks bad! Were you using a pressurized water hose like a Karscher??? Never saw that before...
No it was the normal automatic wash machine! Not sure if it's a defect from the manufacture to have such bad leak so wanted to check in the forum before I visit the local dealer.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:53 AM
ElCid79
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

It's possible you didn't get a good seal the last time you installed the top. I would remove it and reinstall.

Follow the instructions in the manual as well.

Line up the rear pins, push down on the front with gentle force. The roof will pop into place.

Then close the front latches and finally the rear.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:27 AM
vette.uae
Instructor

Originally Posted by ElCid79
It's possible you didn't get a good seal the last time you installed the top. I would remove it and reinstall.

Follow the instructions in the manual as well.

Line up the rear pins, push down on the front with gentle force. The roof will pop into place.

Then close the front latches and finally the rear.
Thanks for your input. Honestly, I haven't ever removed the top since the time I bought it new yes that is weird!
Old 12-22-2015, 02:57 PM
ramyk
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I use a pressure washer all the time and (thankfully) this hasn't happened to me even though I've removed the roof plenty of times. If you're sure the roof is installed properly I would definitely take it back to the dealer and initiate a warranty claim.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:35 PM
vette.uae
Instructor

Originally Posted by ramyk
I use a pressure washer all the time and (thankfully) this hasn't happened to me even though I've removed the roof plenty of times. If you're sure the roof is installed properly I would definitely take it back to the dealer and initiate a warranty claim.
Glad to know it should bare the pressure. Would take it to the dealer and update you guys on the issue. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Help: Water leaking inside cabin?

Quick Reply: Help: Water leaking inside cabin?