C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Another roll race

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 11:37 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

I do run a radar detector, because I wasn't worried about the law so much as safety. And I argue that speed isn't generally what causes the problem (other than extreme speed).

In the end it's probably got more to do with age and whether you've had kids or not.

Somewhere around the third kid and the mortgage and car payment you realize you need to make it home at the end of the day for your family, and there are others just trying to do the same, and the ball-rush you got out of "punching it up to 100" seems pretty silly in that light, so it becomes infrequent.

I carry a gun. I don't shoot every criminal. I drive a fast car. I don't race every Ford. You know the old story about the old bull and the young bull....

Old, young, Vette, Mustang, whatever.... just be safe out there.

Last edited by davepl; 01-02-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:41 AM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

I can't believe the guys crying about him racing the Mustang. First of all I think everyone of us has done this at one time. Maybe it's been a little while for some of the older guys in here but again I think we all have done it. Good job OP and nice win. I got my Corvette for the excitement of the race. If your not going to use the power of the Z06 then buy a Stingray.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:43 AM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
I do run a radar detector, because I wasn't worried about the law so much as safety. And I argue that speed isn't generally what causes the problem (other than extreme speed).

In the end it's probably got more to do with age and whether you've had kids or not.

Somewhere around the third kid and the mortgage and car payment you realize you need to make it home at the end of the day for your family, and there are others just trying to do the same, and the ball-rush you got out of "punching it up to 100" seems pretty silly in that light, so it becomes infrequent.

I carry a gun. I don't shoot every criminal. I drive a fast car. I don't race every Ford. You know the old story about the old bull and the young bull....

You are exactly right sir. Bottom line BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN
Old 01-02-2016, 03:30 PM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Yeah, I have a weapons permit also. But I don't shoot criminals, I just carry to protect myself and my family.
One of the local Sheriff Officers want me to race his BMW from 80 to 180. I told him I quit at 130. He pretty much called me a *****.
Oh yes, BTW, I think I hear the "Bell" chiming in shortly. Any bets?

Last edited by jaden61; 01-02-2016 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:28 PM
L Duncan
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

I have 2 kids a wife and am just a good old(52) boy. "Punching a 650hp(mine is now 800) vette to 100 mph on a lonely open stretch of interstate" is not dangerous in my opinion. I do it with my wife and kids from time to time.(again I pick my places)...I appreciate your degree of safety, but its much more extreme than mine(or most).
Old 01-02-2016, 10:41 PM
docb
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by NC_427_Vert
To the people who come into these threads and play preacher against street racing, GET LAID MUCH?????
Have more than a 1/2" dick much?

You have to beat someone in a street race to justify your car. Could you stick your weenie in a Cheerio and break it?

Last edited by docb; 01-02-2016 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:50 PM
zo6 08
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by RazorZ06
I would never preach to anyone to stop street racing, as you have all said you know the consequences.

All I'm going to say is the person that killed my grand parents from street racing was a good kid. I'm sure he never thought he would spend years in jail and live with the guilt for the rest of his life.
Sorry about that!!! Rip!

Quick Reply: Another roll race