C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

P85D Luda vs Z06

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 978 Likes on 460 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Default P85D Luda vs Z06

I love the sound of the P90....Damn, I put P85 in the title...grrrr

Last edited by Garret; 02-01-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:47 PM
ZoratZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 959 Likes on 410 Posts

The Tesla hit a pretty good light...that race was won/lost at the starting line...giving up 1/2 second on the light is killer...Both were 'reasonable' passes, but not great. Those Tesla's will do that 'over and over and over and over' again...Mash and go. A buddy of mine has a P85D with 'insane' mode or something. I've driven it several times...mash and go. Perfect launch every time. No tire spin at all, just hard launch. It's impressive. That's the future. BUT...way LESS fun to drive than a Z06. The new roadster will be impressive I'm sure...
Old 02-01-2016, 12:55 PM
BWFitz
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Garret
I love the sound of the P90....Damn, I put P85 in the title...grrrr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgZJg6Mu0cU

Ludicrous Speed!
Attached Images  
The following 2 users liked this post by BWFitz:
tail_lights (02-01-2016), vtknight (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 12:59 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by ZoratZ06
The Tesla hit a pretty good light...that race was won/lost at the starting line...giving up 1/2 second on the light is killer...Both were 'reasonable' passes, but not great. Those Tesla's will do that 'over and over and over and over' again...Mash and go. A buddy of mine has a P85D with 'insane' mode or something. I've driven it several times...mash and go. Perfect launch every time. No tire spin at all, just hard launch. It's impressive. That's the future. BUT...way LESS fun to drive than a Z06. The new roadster will be impressive I'm sure...
You are correct. That is indeed the future.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:20 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 272 Posts

Lol - well the fact the Z06 owner found it challenging to line up without reversing wasn't a good sign.

That said - the P90D is a serious car - and would be a lot of fun to own...
Old 02-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Z06Vert
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes they are nice cars but not without problems... still a few years away.

I had a "poor mans Tesla", a 2012 Toyota Rav4EV with the Tesla drive train basically out of the Model S. Was produced for 3 years and sold only in CA. Nothing but problems and I was not alone. 2 motor/driveline replacements, computers, battery... the car was in the shop for close to 100 days. After having to get a lemon law attorney Toyota bought it back. The EV tech at the dealership said Tesla was having their own problems but was keeping things very quiet. The independent rep who handled the repurchase said he has seen a lot of the Tesla powered Toyotas bought back. It was nothing more than a CA compliance car for carb credits. Plenty of Teslas as well being bought back as lemons.

I will say that it's almost a cult following for those that have one. Those that do just love them. Almost like those that have the C7 Z06...

I thought the same thing that the future maybe is here. Not yet for me...

Give me my good old/new gas burner Z06...
Old 02-01-2016, 01:43 PM
DoctorV8
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
You are correct. That is indeed the future.
I'm a member of both cults.

As great as my Vettes are, the P85D is my ride of choice for the daily commute. It's without peer in its abilities....best sedan in the world at any price, unless your goal is rapid transcontinental travel. 13,000 trouble free miles so far!

Last edited by DoctorV8; 02-01-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:10 PM
SBKfan
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I saw the new Model X this past weekend at C&C. Very nice ride and just might be my next dd.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Z06Vert
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorV8
I'm a member of both cults.

As great as my Vettes are, the P85D is my ride of choice for the daily commute. It's without peer in its abilities....best sedan in the world at any price, unless your goal is rapid transcontinental travel. 13,000 trouble free miles so far!
They are amazing cars and I do wish you the best with your Model S. Just my experience with the Tesla powered Toyota really soured my faith in Tesla. Just me...
Old 02-01-2016, 03:02 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Vert
Yes they are nice cars but not without problems... still a few years away.

I had a "poor mans Tesla", a 2012 Toyota Rav4EV with the Tesla drive train basically out of the Model S. Was produced for 3 years and sold only in CA. Nothing but problems and I was not alone. 2 motor/driveline replacements, computers, battery... the car was in the shop for close to 100 days. After having to get a lemon law attorney Toyota bought it back. The EV tech at the dealership said Tesla was having their own problems but was keeping things very quiet. The independent rep who handled the repurchase said he has seen a lot of the Tesla powered Toyotas bought back. It was nothing more than a CA compliance car for carb credits. Plenty of Teslas as well being bought back as lemons.

I will say that it's almost a cult following for those that have one. Those that do just love them. Almost like those that have the C7 Z06...

I thought the same thing that the future maybe is here. Not yet for me...

Give me my good old/new gas burner Z06...

I'm somewhat of a Tesla fan, but there have been too many problems with the cars and the way the company treats those problem situations that indicate Tesla is not ready for mass consumption. The early adopters are extremely forgiving, but not the general public. The Model 3 will be very telling. I was gonna get that, but now it's the Bolt for me.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:20 PM
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too am a member of both cults. My wife drives a P85 (not the D). I am certainly a gas guy but I have to admit that car is very impressive. It's fast even in the single motor form. Had the car a year and so far service and reliability have been very good. Still prefer my Z06 though.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:43 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Big Tesla fan here. There are tons of them near me and I frequently run into P90D's both standard and underlined on my commute. They're very fast but nothing to worry about on the highway.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:21 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Z06 driver was asleep at the wheel. Z06 would have beat the P90 if they had left the line together, but not by much. P90 seems to have major improvement in power on the top end vs my buddy's p85, which is murder off the line, but starts to fade a bit after 60. Either way, these are impressive cars and they are the future, once a proper battery can be developed.

Last edited by TTRotary; 02-01-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:26 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Over and Over again till it needs charged. Not sure how many full
tilt starts they will do. But the pain of looking at one compared.

Have to admit the car is ugly with no flash of even being a sports car.
Looks like a Chrysler 200's cousin.

The comparison just is not there. Anything above 60 it's toast as well.

Then the fact you cannot really go anywhere of any distance near as easy as the Z06.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:35 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Vert
They are amazing cars and I do wish you the best with your Model S. Just my experience with the Tesla powered Toyota really soured my faith in Tesla. Just me...
Tell me about it! My 2016 Toyota Tacoma is a wonderful truck but The Toyota Company sucks and I feel like never again will I buy one.

They leave the dealer to the sharks and could care less about the customer.
They must teach a special smoke and mirror process. They are careful to bury the complaint.
I say because the way I was treated and took 2 dealers and no help from Toyota

Customer Happiness? They figure that's the dealer's job.
GM is heads and tails above Toyota.

Without my dealer the truck would have lemoned back.

Don't like reading this Toyota? Change your act!
Old 02-01-2016, 04:40 PM
ZoratZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 959 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Over and Over again till it needs charged. Not sure how many full
tilt starts they will do. But the pain of looking at one compared.

Have to admit the car is ugly with no flash of even being a sports car.
Looks like a Chrysler 200's cousin.

The comparison just is not there. Anything above 60 it's toast as well.

Then the fact you cannot really go anywhere of any distance near as easy as the Z06.
I think they are very nice looking cars...it's not a SPORTS CAR...it's SEDAN...perhaps you could call it a 'sports sedan.' I think (esp in the P90d version) they look VERY sporty and are well made. Certainly better fit and finish than a Vette.

It's very hard to 'knock' the car. I don't own one but have driven multiple one's hundreds of miles...and they are very impressive. The fit and finish is nice, the range is fantastic, and the performance for a SEDAN is incredible. Period.

I'll always love ICE...and especially my Z06...but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate newer technology. Sadly not everyone is that open minded.

Lastly, in terms of distance...there was a time in this country when GAS powered vehicles couldn't go very far either...But that's not the case anymore...You think the future is in alternative transportation such as electric/otherwise or do you think it's in gasoline based combustion engines? Hint...take a look at how many manufacturers are beginning to build pure electric cars. Then take a look at the future emissions requirements...

The writing is on the WALL. That doesn't mean I want too see ICE go away, I'm just stating the current truth about where we are headed.
The following users liked this post:
ManuelCarrillo3 (02-02-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 05:10 PM
RajeeK
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

That tesla is a monster off the line. Look at it just shoot out. It will be near impossible for most to beat it with a decent launch. 100% torque instantly will do that.

Get notified of new replies

To P85D Luda vs Z06

Old 02-01-2016, 06:09 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

I have a Z06, CTSV and P90D Tesla, all completely different and all completely FUN to drive
The following 5 users liked this post by hcvone:
Astrowing (02-06-2016), DaveN007 (02-10-2016), RoketRdr (02-02-2016), Satch0922 (02-07-2016), VetterFlyer (02-02-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

I think they are very nice looking cars...it's not a SPORTS CAR...it's SEDAN...perhaps you could call it a 'sports sedan.' I think (esp in the P90d version) they look VERY sporty and are well made. Certainly better fit and finish than a Vette.

It's very hard to 'knock' the car. I don't own one but have driven multiple one's hundreds of miles...and they are very impressive. The fit and finish is nice, the range is fantastic, and the performance for a SEDAN is incredible. Period.

I'll always love ICE...and especially my Z06...but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate newer technology. Sadly not everyone is that open minded.

Lastly, in terms of distance...there was a time in this country when GAS powered vehicles couldn't go very far either...But that's not the case anymore...You think the future is in alternative transportation such as electric/otherwise or do you think it's in gasoline based combustion engines? Hint...take a look at how many manufacturers are beginning to build pure electric cars. Then take a look at the future emissions requirements...

The writing is on the WALL. That doesn't mean I want too see ICE go away, I'm just stating the current truth about where we are headed.
totally sensible post - well said

just too much for some to give props to anything other than what they own....
Old 02-01-2016, 07:11 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Did you see the time slip? The Z was reeling him in, actually had a quicker et/mph. But damn Tesla was a bullet off the line. May have to sell my wifes MB and get a Tesla?
Vette 11.09 @ 125.7
Tesla 11.32 @ 117.7

Last edited by DRLC5; 02-01-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Quick Reply: P85D Luda vs Z06