C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Hello from the ZR1 Section :) video **In Mexico of course**

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 11:05 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
For the ls9 being "full tilt"
The lt4 has a nice power advantage over the ls9 with it's 10-1 comp ratio vs 9-1 for the ls9. 46 pounds of tq but more under the curve.
GM just cut cost and time by using the parts bin stingray intake and filter.
The lt4 shines with about 700 hp with the new intake.
Ls9 not so much.
exactly my point, GM didn't use "base" parts on the LS9 = full tilt build, unlike the LT4.
I'm pretty sure an LS9 with a pulley shines just as much as an LT4 with an intake....(and by that I mean just the upper pulley as in the 710hp LPE kit). I'm not quite sure I understood what you mean there
The following users liked this post:
NytmereZ (02-16-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 11:25 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by phantasms
This thread now sponsored by...

I think you win the internet for the day!
phantasms (02-16-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 02:32 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

phantasms (02-16-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 06:28 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by mirage2991
exactly my point, GM didn't use "base" parts on the LS9 = full tilt build, unlike the LT4.
I'm pretty sure an LS9 with a pulley shines just as much as an LT4 with an intake....(and by that I mean just the upper pulley as in the 710hp LPE kit). I'm not quite sure I understood what you mean there
The LS9 used the same intake design as the base C6/Z06 but with a slightly different filter element(and a change in design to fit the blower snout vs the LS7's intake manifold).

One of the first mods that was released for the LS9(ZR1)was a new blower snout from Lingenfelter that added more horsepower, as the GM design was restricting the airflow.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:26 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Outcome was expected. They are dead even until top of 3rd, and the ZR1 pulls away in 4th. Seen it too many times out my side window. I've raced a few ZR1s and a few C7Zs now, and I could not pull away from ZR1s in the Gen 5 Viper.

Also, I think it is pretty cool that someone would install a Halltech to go to cars and coffee, and never race. But, installing that intake sure makes someone an expert on racing, even if they don't ever race.
The following 3 users liked this post by NineBall:
NytmereZ (02-16-2016), phantasms (02-16-2016), sam90lx (02-16-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 08:15 AM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Sn8kKlr
So my buddy just bought a used 2015 and showed up for a quick match.

c7 z07 Stock manual 60-140

zr1- stock

Second gear even. Third gear even. 4th gear I started pulling for sure. Put about a full car length and would have kept going but missed 5th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPCb...ature=youtu.be
Long live the king LOL
Old 02-16-2016, 09:00 AM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBall
Outcome was expected. They are dead even until top of 3rd, and the ZR1 pulls away in 4th. Seen it too many times out my side window. I've raced a few ZR1s and a few C7Zs now, and I could not pull away from ZR1s in the Gen 5 Viper.

Also, I think it is pretty cool that someone would install a Halltech to go to cars and coffee, and never race. But, installing that intake sure makes someone an expert on racing, even if they don't ever race.
I agree the outcome is expected. Cool race - stock for stock the ZR1 is definitely the stronger car in the roll after 3rd gear.

To quote Stewart Smalley; And that... is okay.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:48 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Sn8kKlr
So my buddy just bought a used 2015 and showed up for a quick match.

c7 z07 Stock manual 60-140

zr1- stock

Second gear even. Third gear even. 4th gear I started pulling for sure. Put about a full car length and would have kept going but missed 5th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPCb...ature=youtu.be
What is the year of your ZR1, and if a 2012 or 2013, is it the base ZR1 or with the PDE option?
Old 02-16-2016, 03:25 PM
Sn8kKlr
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

2010 zr1

Was a fun stock vs stock race....

for everyone talking about an intake z07... i also ran one of those. Was an auto with intake... he pulled a quick car but i started creeping back on him but let go by 140.... I would have passed him if i kept going to maybe 160-170 but im not that crazy lol
srtz06 (02-16-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 06:01 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
The LS9 used the same intake design as the base C6/Z06 but with a slightly different filter element(and a change in design to fit the blower snout vs the LS7's intake manifold).

One of the first mods that was released for the LS9(ZR1)was a new blower snout from Lingenfelter that added more horsepower, as the GM design was restricting the airflow.
I don't think just snout will get you 30+rwhp though.... And then, an aftermarket intake doesn't do 30rwhp either on a stock ZR1...which is why I said what I said.

Last edited by mirage2991; 02-16-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:41 PM
FAsnakes
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBall

Why don't you set up something similar - like you did for the viper comparison?
I'm sure you'll get some good channel views, etc.

i'd like to see multiple runs, camera angles and a daytime vid.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:22 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

[QUOTE=3 Z06ZR1;1591563568]Mensioning mods? Or murdering English?
I have way more miles and know both cars better than you as well as any corvette as well as you have little experience beyond dreams (thought you so hated the C7Z06 too) so your 2 cents is over priced!

Plus you can't read because I was agreeing with some of your point.
But with the halltech on the new Z06 stage 1 is a little much for the stock ZR1.
Halltech gains canceled out HAHA! You are clueless![/QUOTE

As taken from the Urban dictionary

Keyboard Warrior
1. A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
2. The term is a combination of the word 'keyboard' (the main tool by which the person expresses his/her latent rage) and 'warrior' (due to the warrior-like aggression, tendency towards violence, headstrong nature and propensity towards brute force as a means of resolving conflict rather than more subtle means dependant on finesse).
3. The Keyboard Warrior seeks to use the power imbued in his 'weapon' to effect death and destruction (in a strictly-metaphorical sense) upon his foes (other virtual identities he has encountered on the internet). In essence, the keyboard (ie. text input ability) allows the keyboard warrior to manifest his true warrior nature in a safe and removed environment, from which no real-life repercussions .
4. Keyboard Warriors are generally identified by unneccessary rage in their written communications, and are regarded as 'losers' by other virtual identities on the internet.
3lz06 is such a keyboard warrior when he gets onto the internet.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:29 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Hope he got paid!
I'm not so sure, I have had some long conversations with Jim in the past, he is a stand up guy, I would think this person is embarrising him, all of his posts are Vomit, even non intake related.
If I were Jim I would want a gag order applied to this individual , he might hurt bussiness.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 02-16-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:37 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

[QUOTE=NytmereZ;1591572290]
Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Mensioning mods? Or murdering English?
I have way more miles and know both cars better than you as well as any corvette as well as you have little experience beyond dreams (thought you so hated the C7Z06 too) so your 2 cents is over priced!

Plus you can't read because I was agreeing with some of your point.
But with the halltech on the new Z06 stage 1 is a little much for the stock ZR1.
Halltech gains canceled out HAHA! You are clueless![/QUOTE

As taken from the Urban dictionary

Keyboard Warrior
1. A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
2. The term is a combination of the word 'keyboard' (the main tool by which the person expresses his/her latent rage) and 'warrior' (due to the warrior-like aggression, tendency towards violence, headstrong nature and propensity towards brute force as a means of resolving conflict rather than more subtle means dependant on finesse).
3. The Keyboard Warrior seeks to use the power imbued in his 'weapon' to effect death and destruction (in a strictly-metaphorical sense) upon his foes (other virtual identities he has encountered on the internet). In essence, the keyboard (ie. text input ability) allows the keyboard warrior to manifest his true warrior nature in a safe and removed environment, from which no real-life repercussions .
4. Keyboard Warriors are generally identified by unneccessary rage in their written communications, and are regarded as 'losers' by other virtual identities on the internet.
3lz06 is such a keyboard warrior when he gets onto the internet.

Yep smiley emicons and laughing at you really support the keyboard warrior theory.
More like when you have nothing to add but posts like this.
Which make no sense.
You should really refrain from posting. When you should consider putting on a tin foil hat instead!
Claiming the Halltech gains cancel out futher prove you have no idea but always step in threads to attack and show how smart you are but it has the opposite effect.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:53 PM
srtz06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

so I'm new to the forums but I'm going to just jump straight in..this is me and my buddy racing I'm the guy with the c7z.....so first of i wanna say love the zr1's always have and always will. there are a bunch of people speculating and "guessing" on a few things so id like to clear it up and make it simple. Before we did the race it was expected the zr1 would come out on top...now thats not cuz "the zr1 is stronger" or is more powerful. It's crazy how similar these 2 cars are so heres the break down..both cars have identical final drive ratio's, identical gear ratios from 1st all the way through 6th (the c7z has 7th but doesn't matter for this race) very similar power zr1 638 @6500rpm c7z 650 @6400 well talk about the tq later..the zr1 weighs about 160lbs less than the c7r and on top of that i my self weigh about 150lbs more then the zr1 driver lol so with that being said my physical extra weight and the car being all heaver evens out with the zr1 because of the more tq the c7z has down low..so the only only factor here is the 300-500lb downforce my car generates the higher speeds we go nothing else not the cars weight not anything mechanical not because its ls9 or lt4 it comes down to simply that....they are very well matched ...im going to take the rear wing off and try to take the side flaps of the splitter off and do a run with no passengers if he's down of course (which he prolly is).
tail_lights (02-16-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 11:03 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,445 Likes on 2,271 Posts

srtz06,

Welcome to the forum.

And fret not. This place turns into comedy central any time a Z loses to a ZR.

No big deal.

Have fun with the Z - they're great rides.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:14 PM
srtz06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
srtz06,

Welcome to the forum.

And fret not. This place turns into comedy central any time a Z loses to a ZR.

No big deal.

Have fun with the Z - they're great rides.

thank you ya i love it its been only 4 days i have the car and its alot of fun already

Get notified of new replies

To Hello from the ZR1 Section :) video **In Mexico of course**

Old 02-17-2016, 12:57 AM
Sn8kKlr
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Lolll hey Sev.

I'm always down. Don't mind the trash talking going on. 2 different cars and soon ull stomp my *** with the mods. Let the trolls be trolls.

U know I'm always down for the 2 north
Old 02-17-2016, 01:02 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

If you guys do a rerun (with the Z07 aero off), make sure to post the results.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:12 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

feckin awesome
phantasms (02-17-2016)

Quick Reply: Hello from the ZR1 Section :) video **In Mexico of course**