C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Performance Timer

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Bigdog9586
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Performance Timer

For those of us who don't have the performance timer on their car because of a glitch or whatever on the 2016's my salesman called me yesterday saying they just got a bulletin to fix this.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:34 PM
azcanuk
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 120 Posts

I've got the Performance Timer, but can't locate the Lap Timer in the Performance settings, which according to the owners manual, should display immediately after the PT..

Is there some magical method needed to get the LT to display.. tried going thru settings with both car running and not running.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:38 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by azcanuk
I've got the Performance Timer, but can't locate the Lap Timer....
Same here. My car was built Feb 19th this year - it has the Perf Timer, but not the Lap Timer.

-
Old 04-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Default Performance timer

Originally Posted by Bigdog9586
For those of us who don't have the performance timer on their car because of a glitch or whatever on the 2016's my salesman called me yesterday saying they just got a bulletin to fix this.
Would you mind telling us the dealer and salesman. My local dealer is still saying that they don't know anything yet.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Bigdog9586
Pro

Shaheens in Lansing, Mi. Got the car back last week and I now have it. So there has to be a bulletin. Adam in service is my service adviser.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:59 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Just had "performance timer recall 15814" done to my Z on Monday at my local dealer. I do not however know what it corrects.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Bigdog9586
Pro

It fixes for those of us who didn't have the timer because of a bug we get it back.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:45 PM
azcanuk
Drifting

Default wild guess..

Just a guess, but thinking we might need to go into the PDR and actually do a lap, set the "finish line" which uses the GPS setting, and then cross it.

Wild guess and until I figure out a "lap" I can run (since I don't track my car) I'll never know if my guess is correct.. Maybe around the block.. lol

Can anyone else confirm my suspicions? Until you actually do a lap of some kind, no "lap time" will appear in the settings?

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Same here. My car was built Feb 19th this year - it has the Perf Timer, but not the Lap Timer.

-

Last edited by azcanuk; 04-06-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:00 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Just a guess, but thinking we might need to go into the PDR and actually do a lap, set the "finish line" which uses the GPS setting, and then cross it.

Wild guess and until I figure out a "lap" I can run (since I don't track my car) I'll never know if my guess is correct.. Maybe around the block.. lol

Can anyone else confirm my suspicions? Until you actually do a lap of some kind, no "lap time" will appear in the settings?
Yes - there is a "Lap Timer" in the PDR when you set a finish line. I have tried that out in my neighborhood by running a circular route around in my housing development and it works good to time a closed course. The PDR Lap Timer is operated completely from the PDR camera controls on the Infotainment screen.

However - the Owner's Manual describes an entirely different "Lap Timer" that is operated with the buttons on the steering wheel. The Manual says that when you scroll through the "Performance" options you should see the Lap Timer appear right after the Performance Timer.

When I use the steering wheel buttons, when I scroll through the options I have the Performance Timer, but not the Lap Timer.

So....I dunno why not!?!?

Old 04-06-2016, 07:25 PM
azcanuk
Drifting

So even after you doing a "lap" around you complex, it does not show anything in the "performance" settings.. I'm baffled then..

But that raises a question, what exactly is the Lap Timer we can set in the "Performance" settings.. ???

Somebody help me.. going insane.. okay.. more insane..

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Yes - there is a "Lap Timer" in the PDR when you set a finish line. I have tried that out in my neighborhood by running a circular route around in my housing development and it works good to time a closed course. The PDR Lap Timer is operated completely from the PDR camera controls on the Infotainment screen.

However - the Owner's Manual describes an entirely different "Lap Timer" that is operated with the buttons on the steering wheel. The Manual says that when you scroll through the "Performance" options you should see the Lap Timer appear right after the Performance Timer.

When I use the steering wheel buttons, when I scroll through the options I have the Performance Timer, but not the Lap Timer.

So....I dunno why not!?!?

Old 04-07-2016, 06:18 AM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Had mine done a few weeks ago, They got me the Performance timer. Called the dealer back saying NO LAP TIMER, I will bring back this week for them to check it out. BTW GM sent me a $250 voucher for any GM licensed product. GM Rep called yesterday asking if all went well with my current Android update, which is NOT working, I also told him about not having the Lap timer he will check back end of next week to see if the dealer corrected this. The GM Customer Service Rep said for my troubles he will be sending me a Voucher for GM licensed products, He can not send this until the issues has been resolved. So for my troubles I have received $250 towards products and possibly another $250.

Last edited by DRLC5; 04-07-2016 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:05 AM
azcanuk
Drifting

Default Regression testing our software.. HUH?

So, did you have the Lap Timer BEFORE they did the update for the PT?

Don't get it, when they do an update you'd think everything would be in the new release, we shouldn't have to go back and "regression" test all the options we are supposed to have.. come on GM.. where is the quality in your software updates!

Originally Posted by DRLC5
Had mine done a few weeks ago, They got me the Performance timer. Called the dealer back saying NO LAP TIMER, I will bring back this week for them to check it out.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:17 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

So, did you have the Lap Timer BEFORE they did the update for the PT?

Don't get it, when they do an update you'd think everything would be in the new release, we shouldn't have to go back and "regression" test all the options we are supposed to have.. come on GM.. where is the quality in your software updates!

No my car did not have any access to any timers, except on the PDR. I now have the performance timer but NO lap timer.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

I am planning on taking my car in for the update. Did you get the issue with the lap timer resolved? I don't want to have to go back a second time if there is still a fix in the works for the lap timer.

No my car did not have any access to any timers, except on the PDR. I now have the performance timer but NO lap timer.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:43 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

I took my car in yesterday for the Android Auto update and the timer fix. The lap timer is not there.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:02 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Boiler_81
I took my car in yesterday for the Android Auto update and the timer fix. The lap timer is not there.
WTH? Any reason why? I had to reschedule, Will bring back next week.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:38 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

No idea, I assume that the software release was incorrect and some Engineer is going to have to write and release another update.

WTH? Any reason why? I had to reschedule, Will bring back next week.

Get notified of new replies

To Performance Timer

Old 04-20-2016, 08:52 PM
HMDS
Racer

Received 143 Likes on 71 Posts

Would one of you guys with the software update look to see if you have numerical readout for the performance gauges, like oil temp and coolant temp, with the performance setting on your Track dash display please?

I have seen this in a car recently and am trying to get it on my car:https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rack-mode.html

thx
The following users liked this post:
DRLC5 (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 04:45 PM
azcanuk
Drifting

I have those, even thou I've not had an update done yet. Mind you, I do have the PT but no Lap Timer.. not so sure I want to get an "Update".. but I have them when in "Tour" mode so thinking you may be looking in the wrong setting (IE: Track VS Tour)

Originally Posted by HMDS
Would one of you guys with the software update look to see if you have numerical readout for the performance gauges, like oil temp and coolant temp, with the performance setting on your Track dash display please?

I have seen this in a car recently and am trying to get it on my car:https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rack-mode.html

thx

Last edited by azcanuk; 04-21-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:22 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

I do have this. Just no way to get them activated. The dealer did get me the performance timer and said I need to bring back to get me the lap timers.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...uster-video%2F

Last edited by DRLC5; 04-21-2016 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Performance Timer