C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Which race seats fit in the C7Z?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 03:14 PM
MUKAK
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Which race seats fit in the C7Z?

looks like am gonna be getting 16Z

have a Sparco Evo II Plus that i just pulled out of my C6Z

my question is will this seat fit into the new Z? or will i need a C7 specific mounting base?

and what about electrical stuff? can i make it where i have no AIRBAG LIGHT?

i heard C7 has way less cabin room than C6
Old 08-30-2016, 05:20 PM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a kirkey on custom seat rails that fits just fine.

Electrics are good however you will have a airbag light and an initial message that says service airbag. You can hit ok and it will clear the service message however the airbag light remains lite.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:56 PM
Scr11
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I added these last month. It was a pain. I used Brey-Krause C7 seat mounts and Sparco side mount aluminum HD mounts. I did have to do some of my own drilling in the Brey-Krause mounts because the holes did not line up. What I mean by that is the holes in the Sparco side mounts did not line up with the holes in the Brey-Krause base. The Brey-Krause bolts right into the stock floor bolts with no problems. I'm 6'1" and have no room for sliders, so you need to get the drivers seat lined up exactly where you need it for the track. Also be sure to check the window clearance if you go the route I did with halo style seats which is the reason I removed my Corvette Competition seats.

In sum, I love the seats and love the added head protection while at Road Atlanta, AMP, or Barber.

As for the electronics, I get the airbag warning on every startup. Hit the ok button and get ready to go on track.

The OMP seats are so much better than the Competition seats in that your body, and head, doesn't move.
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2016, 08:08 PM
turbo8765
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

It was a pain because you had to drill your own holes? Any other issues?

How did you mount the sub belts? Can you post more pics?
Old 08-30-2016, 08:51 PM
Scr11
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by turbo8765
It was a pain because you had to drill your own holes? Any other issues?

How did you mount the sub belts? Can you post more pics?
Drilling with titanium bits is easy. Figuring out exactly where to drill is the tough part. Here's what I did. The Brey-Krause base comes with a sub belt bar. However, the sub mount bar was interfering with the OMP seats. So I removed the sub mount bar and used the C7 Vetteworks Lap Belt Bar to connect my lap belts and sub belts. I hope the attached pics are helpful.
The reason I call this whole process a pain was you have to do this in stages. First place each Brey-Krause mount on the appropriate floor studs. Next, attach the Sparco side mounts on the seat outside of the car. Then place the seat in the car to test fit. Check foot to clutch travel, and more importantly, make sure the halo is not interfering with the window. Next, before you exit the seat, take a screwdriver and mark the forward edge of the Sparco side mount relative to the Brey-Krause base. Have a friend do the same for the back before you leave the seat. Now you know where to drill once everything is removed from the car. I don't want to admit how many hours this took me!
Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2016, 11:59 AM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Scr11
I added these last month. It was a pain. I used Brey-Krause C7 seat mounts and Sparco side mount aluminum HD mounts. I did have to do some of my own drilling in the Brey-Krause mounts because the holes did not line up. What I mean by that is the holes in the Sparco side mounts did not line up with the holes in the Brey-Krause base. The Brey-Krause bolts right into the stock floor bolts with no problems. I'm 6'1" and have no room for sliders, so you need to get the drivers seat lined up exactly where you need it for the track. Also be sure to check the window clearance if you go the route I did with halo style seats which is the reason I removed my Corvette Competition seats.

In sum, I love the seats and love the added head protection while at Road Atlanta, AMP, or Barber.

As for the electronics, I get the airbag warning on every startup. Hit the ok button and get ready to go on track.

The OMP seats are so much better than the Competition seats in that your body, and head, doesn't move.
Those look like HTE-R's. If so, that's what I'm considering. I've never had halo seats before. Any issues with visibility? (I'm 5' 11")
Old 09-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Scr11
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Magister Ludi
Those look like HTE-R's. If so, that's what I'm considering. I've never had halo seats before. Any issues with visibility? (I'm 5' 11")
I've had no problems with visibility on track. I use my mirrors constantly to check traffic around me. However, I would not use these just for street driving in that if you were to approach an intersection, there are difficulties looking 90 degrees to the left and right. When I say difficulties, I mean that you need to lower your head to see around the halos.
I do love these seats though for the track. I don't slide around at all.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:04 PM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Scr11
I've had no problems with visibility on track. I use my mirrors constantly to check traffic around me. However, I would not use these just for street driving in that if you were to approach an intersection, there are difficulties looking 90 degrees to the left and right. When I say difficulties, I mean that you need to lower your head to see around the halos.
I do love these seats though for the track. I don't slide around at all.
Thanks. It would be for track only.

Get notified of new replies

To Which race seats fit in the C7Z?

Quick Reply: Which race seats fit in the C7Z?