C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

LT4 mechanical Fuel Pump upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 04:22 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 272 Posts

Default LT4 mechanical Fuel Pump upgrade

Hi everyone,

To all Vendors - I was told there were LT4 fuel upgrades coming for our cars in October.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Even if if it isn't this season - any ETA?

Thank-you!
Old 10-10-2016, 11:54 PM
WS6JJP
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I called weapon x a few weeks ago and they said there is something coming but not anytime soon. In fact, they had no idea of when.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:13 AM
vtknight
Drifting

Originally Posted by WS6JJP
I called weapon x a few weeks ago and they said there is something coming but not anytime soon. In fact, they had no idea of when.
Thank-you for that - I have heard the same. I am hoping that ID or any other groups (Katech, LPE, AMP, Vengence etc.) will have some information on the topic.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Sam@amp
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by vtknight
Thank-you for that - I have heard the same. I am hoping that ID or any other groups (Katech, LPE, AMP, Vengence etc.) will have some information on the topic.
You can make plenty of power with the factory DI pump if the fuel pump and lines feeding the DI pump are upgraded.

Does you car have the stock cam? Does your car have methanol injection?
Old 10-11-2016, 01:43 PM
WS6JJP
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam@amp
You can make plenty of power with the factory DI pump if the fuel pump and lines feeding the DI pump are upgraded.

Does anyone make direct fit parts for those? And when you say you can make plenty of power, if those other fuel components that you mentioned are added, will that enable you to run full E85 without having to run meth or a bigger cam lobe?

Sorry vtknight, didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:10 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Originally Posted by WS6JJP
Does anyone make direct fit parts for those? And when you say you can make plenty of power, if those other fuel components that you mentioned are added, will that enable you to run full E85 without having to run meth or a bigger cam lobe?

Sorry vtknight, didn't mean to hijack your thread.
We will have to disagree here. That said, "plenty of power" is subjective lol. Higg's can chime in better than I - but I agree - adding a cam with the appropriate fuel lobe is the first step - but not a real "fix". I have a two nozzle meth solution - without a cam at the moment. I recognize that the cam will definitely allow better fueling. I am running an F1A PC (my car is an M7).

From what I know - some shops are combining port injection or port-meth injection to get at the higher power levels. A larger mechanical pump seems to be the key as the 3000 PSI pumps are pretty beefy. How DI is used is critical of course - when and how much it "sprays".

I'm interested to hear what - if anything is being developed for the C7 Z07 regarding fueling mods.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:40 PM
Sam@amp
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

We will have to disagree here. That said, "plenty of power" is subjective lol. Higg's can chime in better than I - but I agree - adding a cam with the appropriate fuel lobe is the first step - but not a real "fix". I have a two nozzle meth solution - without a cam at the moment. I recognize that the cam will definitely allow better fueling. I am running an F1A PC (my car is an M7).

From what I know - some shops are combining port injection or port-meth injection to get at the higher power levels. A larger mechanical pump seems to be the key as the 3000 PSI pumps are pretty beefy. How DI is used is critical of course - when and how much it "sprays".

I'm interested to hear what - if anything is being developed for the C7 Z07 regarding fueling mods.
I made 1200 rwhp with the stock DI pump on straight C16 NO methanol. It makes a little over 1300 with the methanol. The only "upgrades" being the 32% cam lobe and the low side pressure fuel system regulated to 72 psi with a -8 fuel line feeding the DI pump.
This same system would supply enough fuel for 850-900rwhp with a PC on E85.

The main reason why most shops refuse to talk about how they make power using the stock DI pump is because someone without the experience is willing to say it cant be done.
The following users liked this post:
ajrothm (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 05:41 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

I made 1200 rwhp with the stock DI pump on straight C16 NO methanol. It makes a little over 1300 with the methanol. The only "upgrades" being the 32% cam lobe and the low side pressure fuel system regulated to 72 psi with a -8 fuel line feeding the DI pump.

The main reason why most shops refuse to talk about how they make power using the stock DI pump is because someone without the experience is willing to say it cant be done.
Are you going to sell plug n play low pressure side fuel system upgrades or is it in house install only?

I would love to do flex fuel and be able to run 100% E85 and not have to mix it... Maybe around 700 rwhp E85 only is all I would be looking to do this time around, but without a cam swap(no upgraded lobe)

Last edited by ajrothm; 10-11-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:26 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Are you going to sell plug n play low pressure side fuel system upgrades or is it in house install only?

I would love to do flex fuel and be able to run 100% E85 and not have to mix it... Maybe around 700 rwhp E85 only is all I would be looking to do this time around, but without a cam swap(no upgraded lobe)
Thank-you for your response - that was my understanding as to how you achieved the power - cam fuel lobe with a low side pressure fuel system (I know a few people in your camp). I really appreciate you being forthcoming. Two main questions; in your experience - how stable is the side pressure fuel system and will it be more stable for my less powerful requirements (850-950 whp)? I'm making ~800 whp now on pump fuel on meth without a cam. As per the poster above - will you provide these systems or are they in house only?

You can PM me if you would rather...

I plan to add the cam and do some of the internals (valve train) and maybe heads.

Thanks!

Last edited by vtknight; 10-11-2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:44 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Originally Posted by ajrothm

Bump for AMP - any news on low side pressure pump upgrades? In house only?

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2017, 05:05 AM
HNK
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Hi

my fuel pressure goes down to 57.9 @ wot. I have a 15% pulley, cai, headers and 103mm TB and ported snout. I read somewhere when pressure drops below 60 a fuel upgrade is needed. Is that true?

No methanol
straight pump gas

if needed, which upgrade will be enough?
Old 06-26-2017, 12:57 AM
HNK
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Anyone???
Old 06-26-2017, 09:26 PM
strapp
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Ttt
Old 09-19-2017, 11:14 PM
chevyfanatic
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank-you for your response - that was my understanding as to how you achieved the power - cam fuel lobe with a low side pressure fuel system (I know a few people in your camp). I really appreciate you being forthcoming. Two main questions; in your experience - how stable is the side pressure fuel system and will it be more stable for my less powerful requirements (850-950 whp)? I'm making ~800 whp now on pump fuel on meth without a cam. As per the poster above - will you provide these systems or are they in house only?

You can PM me if you would rather...

I plan to add the cam and do some of the internals (valve train) and maybe heads.

Thanks!
Thats nuts ! how are you making 800 whp and almost stock ? what are you mods ? heads/E85/headers ?
Old 09-20-2017, 08:55 AM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

We are no pursuing one. We've been waiting for the Lingenfelter pump.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 09-20-2017, 02:18 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
We are no pursuing one. We've been waiting for the Lingenfelter pump.
Is there nothing off another model of car that could work for the LT engines? There are many direct injection engines out there now. But I guess nothing in the 1000bhp plus range! Could be a good market though if someone could come up with an affordable solution.

Maybe the ZR1 will bring an option.

Jason, what's you feeling on the limits of the stock unit with sufficient low side pressure and capacity (and cam obviously)? I have heard over 1000rwhp being mentioned on proper race fule (112 octane)!

Sorry it was Sam @ amp that mentioned 1200rwhp with 112. Sorry Sam I forgot you posted that in this thread! Doh!

Last edited by chuntington101; 09-20-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:11 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Is there nothing off another model of car that could work for the LT engines? There are many direct injection engines out there now. But I guess nothing in the 1000bhp plus range! Could be a good market though if someone could come up with an affordable solution.

Maybe the ZR1 will bring an option.

Jason, what's you feeling on the limits of the stock unit with sufficient low side pressure and capacity (and cam obviously)? I have heard over 1000rwhp being mentioned on proper race fule (112 octane)!

Sorry it was Sam @ amp that mentioned 1200rwhp with 112. Sorry Sam I forgot you posted that in this thread! Doh!
I'm just starting to touch the limit on my car. I made 760rwhp on E85 with a +38% fuel lobe. So that's like 988rwhp on E0.

Get notified of new replies

To LT4 mechanical Fuel Pump upgrade

Old 09-20-2017, 03:43 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
I'm just starting to touch the limit on my car. I made 760rwhp on E85 with a +38% fuel lobe. So that's like 988rwhp on E0.
If the E0 had the same octane and cooling benefits as E85
Old 09-20-2017, 03:57 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
If the E0 had the same octane and cooling benefits as E85
This is true.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:30 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Subscribed. Hoping SOMEONE comes out with a "plug and play" low side fuel system upgrade soon!

Quick Reply: LT4 mechanical Fuel Pump upgrade