C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Service Rear Axle. Stabilitrak warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 03:34 PM
goshendad
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Service Rear Axle. Stabilitrak warning

Rented Pocono Raceway this past Sunday with my 2016 Z06. This was my 11th and final track day of the season. Car has been amazing til now. It was only 50 degrees out so i got up to speed and kept it in 5th for a couple of laps to heat the tires, oil, fluids, etc. On the 4th lap going into the tunnel turn (turn 2) i heard a loud humming that actually sounded just like the engine at 5000+ RPM. A stabilitrack warning popped up. The brake light and traction control light came on and a warning "Service rear axle" lit up so i shifted into neutral and heard the engine rev down so it was not the engine. Drove it into pit road where the loud humming continued. Shut car down and noise was loud in cabin but coming from rear of car. It stopped after 20 seconds or so. Got back in car and the same thing happened within 1 mile on the track. Took it to the Dealer today and they read a code that said the rear axle "lost communication" with the ECU so it went into "safe mode" and the pump or fan or something in the rear went to full? They were on the phone with GM for an hour and cannot replicate. They want me to pick up a data recorder for my next track date and record if something happens. WTF? I already lost a track date and at Pocono, they are NOT easy to come by. If anyone can shed some light on this i would appreciate it. Should i pursue another way???

Quick Reply: Service Rear Axle. Stabilitrak warning