C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

WORST experience with HATERS

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 02:02 PM
dale fehrenbach
Pro

Received 263 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
It was 3-4 years ago, but I had a woman come up to me at the gas station and say "What are you compensating for?"

I said "I don't know, but it must be tiny, because this car is AWESOME." and went about my way.

I still don't know if I won that one or not, but since I wasn't really concerned what she thought about my genitals, I figured it was OK.

You should have said you were compensating for being around ugly people.

I have had numerous positive encounters and no negatives. Couple months ago some guy in a nice pick up pulled up beside me and signaled "roll down your window". I did and he shouted "nice effing car man"
Old 11-23-2016, 02:08 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

I usually tell folks that an ugly guy like me needs all the help he can get.
The following users liked this post:
Michael A (11-24-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 02:35 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,713 Likes on 2,998 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I was sitting at a car show last summer talking with my buds when a young 20 something couple walked by, stopped & looked at my car, & the guy says " I hate F*****G Corvettes, I replied, Really? did you have to say that? geez
Old 11-23-2016, 03:51 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by 449er
I was sitting at a car show last summer talking with my buds when a young 20 something couple walked by, stopped & looked at my car, & the guy says " I hate F*****G Corvettes, I replied, Really? did you have to say that? geez
I would have laughed my a$$ off.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:00 PM
pagosawingnut
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 127 Likes on 93 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I haven't had that experience yet either. But, then again, Frank Tamez and I are about the same size and I'm pretty ugly.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:11 PM
BOBSZ857
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 168 Posts

I enjoyed reading all of these threads in this post. I live in NYC and have NEVER had any bad instances like this and have NEVER felt the need to carry a gun in my car. Nothing against those who do carry as I also own weapons and support the second amendment. I just think that carrying one can make a bad situation get worse in a hurry. I am not a monster, I am 6'1" and 250lbs. I learned a long time ago not to let ignorant people's comments **** me off. I am not a millionaire, but am very secure in my career and do live quite comfortably. Enjoy your cars and lives and don't feel like you have to explain to anyone why you drive it other than the fact that you truly love it.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:26 PM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

Good thread...I had an issue with some old hag who ran out of an ice cream parlor yelling at me because of how loud my Z was. Everybody just looked at her like "Really Bitch?"
So I revved my car LOUD AND PROUD and took extra time to park to just **** her off even more...
Old 11-23-2016, 05:57 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Blvdbrawler
Good thread...I had an issue with some old hag who ran out of an ice cream parlor yelling at me because of how loud my Z was. Everybody just looked at her like "Really Bitch?"
So I revved my car LOUD AND PROUD and took extra time to park to just **** her off even more...
LOL

Old 11-23-2016, 06:01 PM
mitchg41
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rmonday
The box behind the display is perfect for a 38!
Yes, a .40 SW fits good as well. These days, I carry wherever I go, whenever I can. Never interested in using it, but you never know... CCW licensed.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:10 PM
ZMan64
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

So far nothing but positive comments. If someone does make a negative comment however, I'll likely just smile and ignore them, as I couldn't care less what any stranger thinks of me or my car.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:01 PM
C5North
Race Director

Location: HOPE is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
It was 3-4 years ago, but I had a woman come up to me at the gas station and say "What are you compensating for?"
I probably would have said something along the lines of "well, not driving a shitty car."
Old 11-23-2016, 10:23 PM
CONMAX
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

I get some "thumbs down" signals driving through that area pulling my 130 mph tunnel boat on the way to Havasu. There are many more "thumbs up" though. I tow with my silverado diesel.

With the Z06 passing through OC is not generally an issue. Kids in noisy Asian imports blast their overboost waste gates, but that about it.

I would hate to drive that 91 corridor on a daily basis.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:52 PM
nvydvr
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Blvdbrawler
Thanks for your service!!! 24yr Navy Special Ops here... HOOYAH!!!

I just got my Z06 last week, first Corvette ever, and came over from a '15 ZL1 - another awesome car - and my experience is that every mustang and ricer wants to race you, but nobody has been ugly to me. I love cars, muscle cars, and try to compliment others and it's usually reciprocal. If someone were to go nuts, I am very capable of "handling" that type of situation, but have found it more fun and easier to mentally stick it up their rear hahaha. Sometimes they don't even realize that they were slammed... that's even more fun.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 11-24-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 11-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Firemedic301
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
For some reason, there seems to be a pattern of these problems for you....
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1593247388
Not seeing a patten? For years in California (which is all I know) 8 out of 10 Prius' had OBAMA/Biden2008, Obama2012, Bernie2016, etc.... that is the only pattern I see and it is fairly well known

Last edited by Firemedic301; 11-23-2016 at 11:22 PM.
GOLD72 (11-24-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 11:22 PM
Frank Tamez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pagosawingnut
I haven't had that experience yet either. But, then again, Frank Tamez and I are about the same size and I'm pretty ugly.
HEY!!!!!

I resemble that remark. Lol
Old 11-23-2016, 11:43 PM
Firemedic301
Instructor

Originally Posted by BOBSZ857
I enjoyed reading all of these threads in this post. I live in NYC and have NEVER had any bad instances like this and have NEVER felt the need to carry a gun in my car. Nothing against those who do carry as I also own weapons and support the second amendment. I just think that carrying one can make a bad situation get worse in a hurry. I am not a monster, I am 6'1" and 250lbs. I learned a long time ago not to let ignorant people's comments **** me off. I am not a millionaire, but am very secure in my career and do live quite comfortably. Enjoy your cars and lives and don't feel like you have to explain to anyone why you drive it other than the fact that you truly love it.
100's of thousands of people in America right now WILL be the victims of a VIOLENT crime this year and NOT one of them thought it would ever happen to them, but it WILL. Don't sell your self-discipline short, just because you are carrying a firearm doesn't mean a bad situation WILL get worse because you have a firearm on you? If you are ever to be involved in a life threatening situation where seconds count and Law Enforcement are minutes away, I choose to be able to protect myself, my family, and my friends. Carrying a firearm is no different then carrying an Insurance card in my wallet. ZERO people around me will ever know I have a firearm on me or in my car. My turning point was a VIOLENT encounter I was involved in High School that left a friend Gravely injured and handicapped for the rest of his life and I vowed to NEVER be in that position ever again. To each there own thou!!!

Originally Posted by NewZ06Man
Uhhh yeah, nice story Bro Chalk this up to never happened except maybe in the mind of the OP.

BTW everyone posting about needing to carry a firearm in their car in case some fictitious woman curses at you becuase in your Vette somehow you think you are now a 1%er, grow a set and show her your tax return, easier to solve it that way
First off it did happen, not sure why your first cool reaction is to be super cool internet I'm here to call people out for lying on the forum "bro"? Just threw a funny situation out there as a conversation piece for Z06 owners on this forum, that is all. I think it is awesome that you are "that guy" that doesn't know ANYTHING about me, but calls me out as a delusional liar?
As far as insinuating that people carry a gun in there car so they can pull it and shot a lady for cursing at them? You must be an anti-gun dipshit, because that is the exact delusional **** we have heard from Hillary supporters. Also, I never said I was a 1%er, she did, and unfortunately I don't carry a copy of my W-2 around with me so I can show it to people? I try to make it a habit to treat people on the internet as an adult and especially on a forum like this with (usually) intelligent and knowledgeable Z06 owners. Have a good evening "bro"

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 11-24-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner of each post to make it look like this.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:06 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Firemedic301
Not seeing a patten? For years in California (which is all I know) 8 out of 10 Prius' had OBAMA/Biden2008, Obama2012, Bernie2016, etc.... that is the only pattern I see and it is fairly well known
100's of thousands of people in America right now WILL be the victims of a VIOLENT crime this year and NOT one of them thought it would ever happen to them, but it WILL. Don't sell your self-discipline short, just because you are carrying a firearm doesn't mean a bad situation WILL get worse because you have a firearm on you? If you are ever to be involved in a life threatening situation where seconds count and Law Enforcement are minutes away, I choose to be able to protect myself, my family, and my friends. Carrying a firearm is no different then carrying an Insurance card in my wallet. ZERO people around me will ever know I have a firearm on me or in my car. My turning point was a VIOLENT encounter I was involved in High School that left a friend Gravely injured and handicapped for the rest of his life and I vowed to NEVER be in that position ever again. To each there own thou!!!
First off it did happen, not sure why your first cool reaction is to be super cool internet I'm here to call people out for lying on the forum "bro"? Just threw a funny situation out there as a conversation piece for Z06 owners on this forum, that is all. I think it is awesome that you are "that guy" that doesn't know ANYTHING about me, but calls me out as a delusional liar?
As far as insinuating that people carry a gun in there car so they can pull it and shot a lady for cursing at them? You must be an anti-gun dipshit, because that is the exact delusional **** we have heard from Hillary supporters. Also, I never said I was a 1%er, she did, and unfortunately I don't carry a copy of my W-2 around with me so I can show it to people? I try to make it a habit to treat people on the internet as an adult and especially on a forum like this with (usually) intelligent and knowledgeable Z06 owners. Have a good evening "bro"
Like I said...a "pattern."

Get notified of new replies

To WORST experience with HATERS

Old 11-24-2016, 04:17 AM
KingPin7869
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Not all stereotypes are true.

For example, not all Hillary supporters drive a Pruis and not all Trump supporters are inbred, racist rednecks. Sure, I'd love to do my part to protect the environment, but have you experienced what 650 lb ft of torque feels like?
Firemedic301 (11-24-2016)
Old 11-24-2016, 07:34 AM
DP RS
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

This is well-written...I'll simply say that I was raised that men settle issues with their fists. The reality is that other people don't think that way, so I've put aside what I think and focused on what is likely. Without departing from the spirit of this thread, my license plate says "HRD WRK" because I busted my **** to be able to secure my Z without it impacting anything else. The first part of my comment somewhat extends to how I think people will interpret my highly-modded vehicle and the message behind the plate itself. There is probably a higher possibility that I'll face some blowback. I'm an affable fella, but again...there are many versions of reality out there.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:58 AM
Firemedic301
Instructor

I guess I am not seeing this pattern you are talking about with your "eye roll"? Also not sure why you are trolling me and spending time looking back at all the post I made months ago and feeling the need to go back thru my history on the CORVETTE FORUM? Unless like NEWZ06GUY you just feel it your need be a keyboard Social Justice Warrior? Again, please explain this pattern you so much want to call me out on?

Quick Reply: WORST experience with HATERS