C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 Z06 Electronic issue GM Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 10:20 AM
goshendad
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts
Default C7 Z06 Electronic issue GM Customer Service

Here is a copy of my "log" with GM Customer Service dating back to October 12th, 2 1/2 months ago and not having my car for over 6 weeks. Car is at Dealership and they are working with GM Field Engineer and Detroit TAC who received a recording of the "EVENT" on December 5th with still no RESPONSE! GM has certainly made me question being a loyal customer over the past 25 years. Their flagship vehicle that they build 140 PER DAY and cannot seem to fix mine in over 2 1/2 months. SHAMEFUL!

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Originally Posted by goshendad
Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Thanks Lauren
They were good about it but i am concerned that they could not find the exact problem and a resolution. I am now driving a potential time bomb. If i take a long trip and it happens what do i do? If i go back to the track and hit 170mph and head into a turn and something that was possibly wrong like the differential or pump or something and it fails, what happens to my ability to control the car? I understand GM wants to minimize cost but not sure if this is the best course of action for someone that actually uses the car the way it was designed. The dealership is Healey Chevrolet in New Hampton NY. Service advisor was Matt. Thanks.
We certainly understand your concern for safety, Paul. This is paramount to us.

We'll be reaching out to Healey Chevrolet in hopes of gathering additional insight on this, and then we will go from there. For your reference, we've created a case for you: #8-2438485838.

thanks. When Healey called TAC they were on phone for an hour and set up case #8-2437188767.

We will follow up with you as soon as we receive any pertinent information.

Kindly,
Lauren E.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks so much for providing your TAC case number, Paul. I reached out to the dealership and am awaiting their reply. I will be sure to check in with you once I receive this.

All the best,
Lauren E.
Chevrolet Customer Care[/QUOTE]
ok thanks Lauren. Keep in mind that the very loud humming was coming from the rear of the car at the time the warning lights popped up.[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul,

Thank you for this additional information. I will be sure to document it within your case so that all parties are fully up-to-date.

Best,
Lauren E.
Car had same issue coming home from work yesterday. stabilitrack warning came up then all lights and service rear axle warning. Then it went into limp mode max 85mph. steering was stiff and there was a humming inside the dash area. have pics and video but do not know how to attach. sent to Dealership. Bringing car back in tomorrow. Not a good situation.[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for this update. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced these concerns since we last spoke, and I understand you plan to take your car into the dealer tomorrow. I have been in touch with Matthew, the Customer Experience Manager, and I let him know of these updates. In his email he sent last night, he did state that due to the modifications on your car you might incur out of pocket expenses.

I will be sure to follow up after your appointment. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime

Best,
Lauren E.
Lauren, i added Headers on the car and if the rear differential issue has nothing to do with the headers it should be covered under warranty. everything i ever heard or read anywhere is that warranty would only be voided if the after market upgrade DIRECTLY affected the issue. I hope Chevrolet does not jump to conclusions and try to have me pay for something that has been a popular issue with this car. I see Service rear axle issues and differential issues all over Corvette forum. I would be the first person to step up and take ownership of a problem directly caused by an upgrade that i did. I would assume Chevrolet would stand behind their quality commitment to a loyal customer if the issue has nothing to do with the after market upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul,

Thank you for clarifying. I will be passing this on to Matt to see what insight he has. When I spoke with him last, he let me know you planned to bring your car in Friday. Were you able to do so? How did everything go?

I look forward to your reply and will touch base with any updates from Matt as soon as I hear from him.

Best,
Lauren E.
Chevrolet Customer Care[/QUOTE] thanks. the ABS module was bad. replacing today.[/QUOTE]

Good morning Paul,

I wanted to check in to see how your appointment went the other day. Was the ABS module replaced successfully?

Looking forward to your reply.

Lauren E.
no. it was changed but same problem. waiting on regional guy to be at dealership today.[/QUOTE]

Good morning Paul,

Just checking in once again to see how your appointment went last week. I look forward to hearing.

Best,
Lauren E.

dropping it off again tomorrow to try replacing the differential module. it's extremely frustrating how Chevy does not know whats wrong with the car. I provided all the information on which warning lights came up and gave the car up 3 times now. the other day i hit the gas in 4th gear and the REAR SUSPENSION warning came up and i could swear the steering got loose. not good on the highway. I know Healey Brothers and Matt are trying and are frustrated as well but i had a possible track day this weekend and am afraid to spend the money only to be disappointed. i think i need to get to dealership early and take Matt for ride AFTER they do their thing to check it.[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul,

I just wanted to check in to see how your appointment went yesterday. Was Matt able to ride with you after the car was looked at?

I look forward to hearing.

Best,
Lauren E.

Lauren, No. Nothing was done to the car. Matt is now waiting to hear from regional tech to schedule him to come in to dealership to hopefullt install the differential Module. "Detroit" has an issue with changing the module unless the dealer can absolutely verify the differential is bad, otherwise they think i should be on the hook. Its like innocent until proven guilty. This car is under WARRANTY until such time that GM can confirm that increasing the fuel ratio is the CAUSE of my problem. I do not like how Corporate is handling this. I'm just thankful the dealership is working with me in the way a Loyal customer SHOULD be treated.[/QUOTE]

Good afternoon Paul,

Thank you for the update. I spoke with Matt and he let me know he has scheduled a Field Service Engineer to look at your Corvette. I understand that you're quite disappointed with this situation, and I apologize again for the frustrations it has caused. However, I too am glad that the dealership has been working hard to reach a satisfactory resolution. Rest assured that your feedback is very important, and it's been documented within our system.

I will check in with you following your appointment with the engineer. Please let me know if there's anything I can do until then.

Best,
Lauren E.

Good morning Lauren. i reached out to Matt this morning. waiting to hear back. Here is what i said. I'm very concerned about the car. something is not right!

"Good morning Matt. I wanted you to know that I took a trip to Scranton yesterday (to pick up my new helmet) with the Vette. When I hit a bump I hear a clunk in the rear end. Something is loose back there. Please let me know when we can get the car in with the engineer and give it a close inspection. I no longer feel comfortable even driving it now."[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul,

I reached out to Matt yesterday and am awaiting his reply. Have you heard back from him regarding an appointment with the engineer?

I plan to give him a call again first thing in the morning.

Lauren E.

Yes Lauren i have an appt Wednesday as the Engineer is available.[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul,

I spoke with Matt this morning, and he let me know that he sent you an email about yesterday's appointment. It appears they are still looking into additional options to diagnose this.

Please feel free to review the email, and let us know if you have any questions.

Best,
Lauren E.

Good morning Lauren,
I received a copy of the email that the FSE gave to Matt about the diagnosis of the car on Wednesday evening. Healey was to get a Healey Z06 and compare some module with. Very patiently i sat around all day Thursday ASSUMING my car was being worked on. I called this morning and was told they are waiting for Paul Healey to return from VACATION MONDAY to use his car to compare!! This is a joke right?? GM doesnt have another Z06 in the area to test?? As of now all indications are that this is a WARRANTY issue. technically i should be in a loaner car. This is not right. Waiting for Matt to call me but i am not happy at all with the level of Customer support from GM.[/QUOTE]

Good evening Paul,

I apologize for the delay, as I was out of the office Friday. I understand how frustrating this wait must be, and I'm saddened to hear of your disappointment with the customer support. This certainly is not the experience we hope for you to have.

Please know that dealerships are independently owned and operated, and therefore loaners are provided at their discretion. I cannot guarantee anything, but I would be happy to speak with Matt about getting you a loaner, should they need to keep your car in the shop any longer.

Please let me know if you were able to speak with him on Friday. I will be in touch with an update from my end soon.

Lauren E.
Good morning Lauren
I spoke to Matt on Friday. He says he will get the Healey Z06 and do the test but im not sure that is the full problem. i sent Matt 2 videos and an email this morning showing the issue and asked him to pass it on. The car is really not driveable as the rear axle system shuts down even at regular speeds. the steering gets a little stiffer and the car does not feel as stable as it should. I need to get the car into the dealer and not take it back until it is 100% fixed. As far as i am concerned this is a WARRANTY issue until someone can prove otherwise. I am ok without a loaner up until this point but if the next dropoff will be for more than a day or 2 i will ask for a loaner.[/QUOTE]

Good afternoon Paul,

Hope you had a nice weekend. I just wanted to check in to see how everything is going. I was able to speak with Matt this afternoon, and he let me know he'll be giving you a call soon to update you on the repair process.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best,
Lauren E.
just waiting on Matt thanks Lauren. 3 other people reached out to me on this forum when i posted my issue. All with the same problems and all having the chassis control module replaced this week. i hope this is the fix aling with a rattle in the rear end which i told Healey about this morning. I also told them i want to take a Service advisor for a ride before i take the car back.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the update, Paul. I, too, let the dealership know that you would like to take them for a ride. I will be in touch when I receive another update from Matt.

Have a great night,

Lauren E.

Lauren
Here we are November 16th, 1 month and 5 days since the issue was first looked at by Chevrolet. This is an $86,000 car that was built for the TRACK. this car is cared for and was amazing since my purchase in January, even for 2 months after i had headers installed and the tune to increase the fuel ratio on the track for 4-5 events at high speeds. This issue is electronic and several people on this forum have experienced the same issues. many have said the Chassis control module fixed it but this apparently did NOT work on my car. The level of frustration is really getting to me. I know Matt is frustrated as well as i feel confident he is doing everything he can to find a fix. Lauren i really expected by this time to have a little higher level of concern about my car. although i get responses from you i feel, at this point, that GM should be stepping it up and getting whoever makes these cars that know the electronic intricacy of these cars to steer our local technicians right to the possible issue, especially with all the codes being recorded. i provided photos, videos and all the details, including a humming through the speakers when the car fails. steering gets harder, "G" display on the HUD stops, Cruise Control cannot activate, Limp mode, etc. What do i need to know to have GM make this a priority??? Over 1 month has passed and my issue has not been resolved.[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul,

I'm checking in once more to let you know I will be closing your case pending until I receive information from TAC or your dealership. I have been regularly checking in for any updates, but unfortunately TAC is still waiting on insight from Engineering. I will continue to check in on your TAC case weekly to see if anything has developed and will let you know if I hear anything.

I apologize for the amount of time this has taken, as I recognize how inconvenient it has been for you. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

All the best,
Lauren E.
Yes i do have a question Lauren. Who in GM can i actually talk to in order to light a fire under someones *** to make this ongoing issue with a NEW CAR UNDER WARRANTY a PRIORITY?? This is the worst Customer Service i could have possibly imagined. I want the name of the Regional REP for GM. This is beyond acceptable. i have an $86,000 RACE CAR that is not driveable since OCTOBER 12th going on 7 WEEKS.[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul,

Hope you're doing well. I've been in touch with Matt, who let me know you were able to record the concern on the diagnostic tool and that it's currently being analyzed. Matt will be keeping me updated on their findings. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best,
Lauren E.
Lauren
the Engineer had the tool in his hands for 2 days now. If this is such a priority then why didn't I hear something yet?[/QUOTE]

Paul,

We do apologize for any delay in communication, and can understand your frustration. Please know, the team at Healey continues to analyze this recording for you, and we've reached back out for any further updates. As soon as we hear back, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime,

Angela O.
matt tells me today I hat on he Engineer had to send to Detroit????? I am really at a loss here. Car has had this issue since October 12th!!! What do I need to do to light a fire for someone to make me feel that I am a valid Customer for spending $86000 on a car that I can't drive???? Absolutely the worst Customer service experience I have ever had. Bowling Green builds 140 Corvettes a DAY and I can't GM to fix one in 2 months?[/QUOTE]

Hello Paul,

We are so sorry to hear that you feel this way, and we certainly recognize the magnitude of your purchase with us. With that, we will be sure to look into any options that may be available to offset the inconvenience once a resolution has been provided. After review of your case, I see that Lauren is diligently working alongside your dealership to resolve this situation as soon as possible. Lauren will keep you updated as your case moves forward.

Kindest regards,

Brandon M.

Thank you Brandon. Yes i am very disgusted with the slow process. i really dont understand why we dont have an answer yet since the recorded event was in the hands of Engineers since December 5th. And, by the way, this is after i provided photos, videos and details of the event when regular driving is performed going back to OCTOBER. OCTOBER Brandon!! When i think about this it really makes me sick almost to the point of going to ford , trading the car in, fixed or not, and buying the Shelby GT 350. I am finally at a point in my life that i can afford this type of car and enjoy it the way it was designed to drive (fast and on a track). I lost out on a private rental at Pocono Raceway where i rented the track for 30 minutes at $1000 and the car failed 5 minutes into the day. This was the first issue i had after installing American Racing headers and tracking the car for 2 MONTHS with no issues. i firmly believe that we have an electronic issue, wiring, harness, something that is 100% warranty related. Why it is taking MONTHS to fix is mind boggling. The only saving grace is that the race season and driving season is limited this time of year but I WANT MY CAR BACK AND FIXED! There is absolutely no blame towards Matt at Healey or any of them as they turned to the Field Engineer. Just yesterday the Engineer has still not heard from Detriot but asked Healey to review DOC 4078516 in SI about the chassis expansion bus and go through terminal tension 1 last time on several modules including the interior because even the radio starts humming when the event occurs and temporarily shuts off. I lost the confidence in the car to perform the way it is intended and a car that the driver has always in the back of his mind "potential failure" is not what i want. This is so wrong and i continue to feel that GM does not care. If Corvettes at Carlisle was now i would have stopped Tadge Juechter when i saw him and vent my frustrations to him. I have been a loyal GM owner for 25 years and have never spent so much money on a car. Shameful!![/QUOTE]

Good morning Paul,

We sincerely apologize, as we recognize just how frustrating this experience has been for you. We truly value your loyalty to both GM and Chevrolet over the years and are saddened that this experience has left you so disappointed.

Please know that Matt, the DMA and the Field Engineer are doing everything they can to assist you in a timely manner. As Customer Care advisers, our primary role is to serve as a liaison between the customer and their dealership. We have been regularly checking in with Matt for updates and would be more than happy to continue doing so, if this is of interest to you.

Please let us know.

Best,
Lauren E.
Yes please Lauren. Please understand that none of my rants are personal but im sure you understand the level of frustration. Car has been at the dealer for a MONTH! I first reported this issue on October 12th! I will have no choice but to pursue a claim under the "Lemon Law" if the Dealership is unable to find the issue this week. I will not go into 2017 without the car fixed![/QUOTE]

Hi Paul,

I certainly understand, and I appreciate you saying so. I reached out to Matt yesterday for an update since the last one I received was last week. I just heard back from him and he said the recording device is still being analyzed. I'll be sure to follow up with you as I continue to check in with the dealership.

Best,
Lauren E.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:59 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

You do know they shut down for two week holiday they do have a Skelton crew working.
Hope they figure this out soon it could be like my seat airbag light they found a wire rubbing in harness to seat so small it got over looked.
z51vett
Doug
Old 12-29-2016, 11:05 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

Hard to read about someone having this much trouble with simply trying to get their car fixed. The frustration is clearly evident. Hopefully it will be resolved sooner rather than later. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Z06NJ (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 11:06 AM
goshendad
Racer

Originally Posted by z51vett
You do know they shut down for two week holiday they do have a Skelton crew working.
Hope they figure this out soon it could be like my seat airbag light they found a wire rubbing in harness to seat so small it got over looked.
z51vett
Doug
Old 12-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Pro

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

Not sure what state you are in, but the Lemon law in many states says that if your car is in the shop for more than 30 days in the first year or 18 months of ownership, you are entitled to a buyback. Not an ideal solution and maybe you have no interest in going that route, but it pays to know what cards you have to play.......
Old 12-29-2016, 01:40 PM
goshendad
Racer

Originally Posted by 6104696
Not sure what state you are in, but the Lemon law in many states says that if your car is in the shop for more than 30 days in the first year or 18 months of ownership, you are entitled to a buyback. Not an ideal solution and maybe you have no interest in going that route, but it pays to know what cards you have to play.......
Thanks i am looking into that now. i have about $5000 in car since i bought it in January and just want it back but i certainly would consider a buyback if they cannot fix it soon!
Old 12-29-2016, 03:28 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

Like stated above you need to check into the Lemon Law. I wouldn't mess around with Chevy customer service. They gave me the run around on my 2015 Escalade that had a very well known vibration problem. I had my attorney call and and everything changed and GM saw **** my way and I got a check for $11,000 to help get me out of the Cadillac.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:56 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

Good morning Paul

I know we have had your car for almost 2 months. Matt and the engineers are doing the very best to make your experience a pleasant one. Looking at the bright side you are saving gas and putting no miles on the car.

Best Wishes
Lauren
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Egads the excuses and platitudes are endless.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:00 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

2 months?? No way in hell I would be ok with that. Two words my friend. LEMON LAW!!
Old 12-29-2016, 07:02 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

start emailing ''mary berra'' CEO of GM,,
Old 12-30-2016, 10:03 AM
EFC1878
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Pretty sure that you can't Lemon Law a car that has been modified from factory specs in any state, regardless of whether the issue is related or not, so that's not an option here
Old 12-30-2016, 12:22 PM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm surprised they haven't told you yet that headers & tune void any warranty powertrain related problems you may have.

Last edited by redzone; 12-31-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:58 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

I feel for the OP, but there is nothing new here.
Any time mods are done while under the original warranty there is a chance, and a good one at that, claims will be denied.
Manufacturers have always had this policy exception.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:12 PM
DLC7
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

WOW. Cool thread man.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:08 AM
Ajaste
-----
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Default As true today as it was forty years ago when they came up with this bullshit byline

The following users liked this post:
goshendad (01-16-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z06 Electronic issue GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 Electronic issue GM Customer Service