C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

DSC Sport Shock Controller observations

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 07:05 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by GDubZO6
I have been reading through all of these posts like crazy the last two days, and just cancelled my scheduled appointment for the GM upgrade and decided to get the DSC Controller instead. I know Mike has emphasized 100 times that the alignment needs to be correct (it would actually be helpful if someone could share the exact adjustments) but I am worried about finding a reputable company to do this for me as it sounds pretty in depth and not very easy.

Does anyone have a company that they have used in Phoenix/Gilbert/Mesa areas that have done a good job on the alignment? Also, does anyone have a ballpark price that I can expect to ensure I am not being taken advantage of? Any info or details would be greatly appreciated!

Lastly - Mike, I chose upgraded shipping, if you want to hook me up and get that thing out the door asap I would be much obliged

I was able to pick up a 2015 ZO6 with only 4500 miles for a VERY good deal and already love the car, though I think the DSC tuner is going to dial in the only area I don't love - the propensity to come loose pretty frequently. Super excited, and thanks again in advance for your responses!
http://www.dscsport.com/downloads/se...-alignment.pdf
The following users liked this post:
Larry M (02-24-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 07:34 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Does anyone know how to get the DSC into launch mode? I have the M7 and I was told to depress the clutch and blip the throttle over 20
%, when I asked one of the guys at DSC he mentioned the light on the center control mode selector would flash when you have it activated? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks
Old 02-23-2018, 07:44 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by GDubZO6
I have been reading through all of these posts like crazy the last two days, and just cancelled my scheduled appointment for the GM upgrade and decided to get the DSC Controller instead. I know Mike has emphasized 100 times that the alignment needs to be correct (it would actually be helpful if someone could share the exact adjustments) but I am worried about finding a reputable company to do this for me as it sounds pretty in depth and not very easy.

Does anyone have a company that they have used in Phoenix/Gilbert/Mesa areas that have done a good job on the alignment? Also, does anyone have a ballpark price that I can expect to ensure I am not being taken advantage of? Any info or details would be greatly appreciated!

Lastly - Mike, I chose upgraded shipping, if you want to hook me up and get that thing out the door asap I would be much obliged

I was able to pick up a 2015 ZO6 with only 4500 miles for a VERY good deal and already love the car, though I think the DSC tuner is going to dial in the only area I don't love - the propensity to come loose pretty frequently. Super excited, and thanks again in advance for your responses!
First off congrats on the Z06 great car your gonna love it . With a good setup and DSCsport it will blow your mind . We ship same day so no worries there .
Get with either myself or Tom Chan at the race shop 410-799-7223 we will find out if we have a good shop for you . I'm sure there is we used to run PIR all the time in Grand am and we used to get help locally out there
Have a great weekend
Old 02-23-2018, 08:14 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BERETTA
Does anyone know how to get the DSC into launch mode? I have the M7 and I was told to depress the clutch and blip the throttle over 20
%, when I asked one of the guys at DSC he mentioned the light on the center control mode selector would flash when you have it activated? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks
Ok here is how it works
launch is available in all modes touring sport track ect. .
In manual cars spd less than 1 mph
clutch in all way (automatic transmission substitute brake pressure for clutch
Hard blip throttle just quick stab you don't have to wait for the engine to even respond
That's it your staged when the tree falls as you back up the clutch to where the disc starts to grab the countdown starts as the car rolls out the shocks are set soft low speed in the rear to get big grip the front shock will have huge rebound to slow down the weight transfer
There is no light or led I'm looking for feedback on what people want to see I would like to flash the brake warning when your in launch mode
ill add these instructions into the tps page of the DSCsport tune in the help dialogue
The help pop up is in the 1.8.2 look for it out next week

Last edited by DSC Sport; 02-23-2018 at 08:19 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by DSC Sport:
BERETTA (02-23-2018), fleming23 (02-23-2018), Poor-sha (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 10:16 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Ok here is how it works
launch is available in all modes touring sport track ect. .
In manual cars spd less than 1 mph
clutch in all way (automatic transmission substitute brake pressure for clutch
Hard blip throttle just quick stab you don't have to wait for the engine to even respond
That's it your staged when the tree falls as you back up the clutch to where the disc starts to grab the countdown starts as the car rolls out the shocks are set soft low speed in the rear to get big grip the front shock will have huge rebound to slow down the weight transfer
There is no light or led I'm looking for feedback on what people want to see I would like to flash the brake warning when your in launch mode
ill add these instructions into the tps page of the DSCsport tune in the help dialogue
The help pop up is in the 1.8.2 look for it out next week
Thank you very much for the quick reply!
I appreciate the detailed explanation, yes flashing the brake light would work or just someway to verify that the system is in launch mode.
How long are the shocks held in this mode? Up to a certain MPH or a timer maybe?
Thanks!
Old 02-24-2018, 06:23 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Thank you very much for the quick reply!
I appreciate the detailed explanation, yes flashing the brake light would work or just someway to verify that the system is in launch mode.
How long are the shocks held in this mode? Up to a certain MPH or a timer maybe?
Thanks!
The length of time is the upper value in Accel I believe it's labeled timer it's in mil/sec so 1000 = 1 sec and the countdown does not start until the car launches gforce or over 2 mph . You can change the length of time up to 2 sec . It just gets you into the 60foot
BERETTA (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 09:26 AM
HNK
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Mike any video on how to work the launch control?

on a different note, does the WiFi web based controls cover the same as the pc load program?? ie, resetting the board?

Last edited by HNK; 02-24-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:26 AM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

The length of time is the upper value in Accel I believe it's labeled timer it's in mil/sec so 1000 = 1 sec and the countdown does not start until the car launches gforce or over 2 mph . You can change the length of time up to 2 sec . It just gets you into the 60foot
Very good thank you! I will hook up my laptop and take a look at this.

I would like to add that I called to order your controller in October of 2017, your staff was very honest and told me they were experiencing a batch of bad boards and there was a chance of a problem if I purchased one at that time, but if I did happen to get a bad one they would send another one out to me as soon as the next batch was ready. I immediately knew that this was a business I could trust!
I decided I would wait for the next run because I was going to an HPDE in November. I ordered the controller a couple weeks ago through the website and paid with Pay Pal on a Wednesday, I am in Tennessee and estimated a 2 day delivery time frame. When I didn't notice any updates on my order on Friday morning I called in, your crew explained for some reason my payment through Pay Pal went into their junk mail folder. They apologized and overnighted the controller for Saturday delivery to my house on them!
I really appreciate being treated this way, I have been in the Auto Repair business for 39 years and understand how important customer service is, and thank you for designing and building this controller for our cars! Thanks for replying to my questions so quickly I really appreciate that!
Old 02-24-2018, 10:56 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Very good thank you! I will hook up my laptop and take a look at this.

I would like to add that I called to order your controller in October of 2017, your staff was very honest and told me they were experiencing a batch of bad boards and there was a chance of a problem if I purchased one at that time, but if I did happen to get a bad one they would send another one out to me as soon as the next batch was ready. I immediately knew that this was a business I could trust!
I decided I would wait for the next run because I was going to an HPDE in November. I ordered the controller a couple weeks ago through the website and paid with Pay Pal on a Wednesday, I am in Tennessee and estimated a 2 day delivery time frame. When I didn't notice any updates on my order on Friday morning I called in, your crew explained for some reason my payment through Pay Pal went into their junk mail folder. They apologized and overnighted the controller for Saturday delivery to my house on them!
I really appreciate being treated this way, I have been in the Auto Repair business for 39 years and understand how important customer service is, and thank you for designing and building this controller for our cars! Thanks for replying to my questions so quickly I really appreciate that!
Thanks so much for the compliment we really try to treat our customers as we want to be treated and because we love what we do. And we are fortunate enough to be able to do it everyday.
All Best
Old 02-24-2018, 11:24 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

Thanks so much for the compliment we really try to treat our customers as we want to be treated and because we love what we do. And we are fortunate enough to be able to do it everyday.
All Best
Nice.
Mike, i sent an email to the address you listed "sales@dscsport.com" above and cc'ed Tom on Thursday. I have a problem and sent pictures in email showing my problem and request. Any chance I might get a response soonest?
Thanks for all you do.
Ammo Mike
Old 02-24-2018, 01:07 PM
demasterz
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Guys,
A few questions for newbies:
1. Is it worth using it just "as-is" without modifying the tune?
2. How hard the installation is?
3. Can I return to stock?
4. Will i benefit from it if i only drive in Sport mode?

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2018, 01:14 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by demasterz
Guys,
A few questions for newbies:
1. Is it worth using it just "as-is" without modifying the tune?
2. How hard the installation is?
3. Can I return to stock?
4. Will i benefit from it if i only drive in Sport mode?

Thanks!
1. Make sure you have the most up to date version and you will be fine as is and quite impressed.
2. 30 min install for a "newbie"
3. 30 min return to stock
4. You will benefit from ALL modes...

Last edited by Tunerz Store; 02-24-2018 at 01:14 PM.
demasterz (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 01:14 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Pretty sure I've got to put this on my short list for next mod...
Old 02-24-2018, 01:16 PM
demasterz
Racer

Originally Posted by TUNERZ
1. Make sure you have the most up to date version and you will be fine as is and quite impressed.
2. 30 min install for a "newbie"
3. 30 min return to stock
4. You will benefit from ALL modes...
Thanks buddy! how do I know i have the most up to date version?
Is a periodic update is necessary when DSC release new version?
Old 02-24-2018, 02:12 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

use our tuner software go to tools drop down to first dialogue click start then type into the browser v enter this will give you the version
click stop then close

send me the version or look on our site let me know
Old 02-24-2018, 02:30 PM
demasterz
Racer

use our tuner software go to tools drop down to first dialogue click start then type into the browser v enter this will give you the version
click stop then close

send me the version or look on our site let me know
can I use it with a Mac ? Or PC Only ?
Old 02-24-2018, 05:15 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

This should help as well.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ontroller.html

Get notified of new replies

To DSC Sport Shock Controller observations

Old 02-24-2018, 06:08 PM
Mick14
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

can I use it with a Mac ? Or PC Only ?
It is for windows. So PC or Mac with windows.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:39 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

As others have said, DSC has dialed this thing in right out of the box. Instead of getting jounced and bounced all over the country side in your Z06, except for smooth or slightly rough roads, the plush tour mode is just the way you want it to be, as it absorbs all those pot holes, broken pavement, half assed paving over of winter frost heaves, etc without sending you to a chiropractor or dentist to replace fillings. It's just perfect IMHO.

When you want to have fun on the back roads with fun curves, you can put it in sport which stiffens it up without resorting to a bone jarring ride. You can however just leave it in tour, cause as soon as you turn the wheel a little aggressively, the active suspension feature instantly gives great turn in, keeps the car flat as it does it's magic by keeping the individual wheels firm or softer as necessary.

Another great feature you'll like, is the sky hook which eliminates at least 80 percent( IMHO) of the tram lining of the OEM suspension ( where the car is pulling you left and right as it follows the contour of the road).

For those considering the DSC controller who just want a great plug and play without having to F--- with it unless you want to, this thing is the cat's meow.

Incidentally, this is the latest version controller that DSC mailed out about a week and a half ago. I understand the initial plush tour version may have been too soft for some and had some float. This version ( that I think may have been tweaked over the first ones) is just right. Good compliance but no float.

Last edited by musclecar6; 02-24-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:47 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Let me pile on about the tuning. You do not need to tune the configs that are shipped or are downloaded with the updates. While I have been involved as a tester since the early days, 90% of the changes I made (and 100% of the changes that worked) were made with Mike's guidance. Those changes were then tested by Mike and made it in to the config you get out of the box or download.

Since the system is dynamic it is nowhere near as track/tire/condition dependent as a traditional setup. I'm really proud of that 1:57.5 I ran at VIR in November and that was done with the same config that is on the web site even though I was running slicks with very different sizes than stock. The car is pure magic with the DSC controller.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Shock Controller observations