C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z07 Pagid RSC1 impression?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 09:41 AM
ShahulX
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Thanks for the info.

I assume you were using pads with their RSC 1 compound - is that correct? Or was it the RSC 2 or 3?

I'm wondering because in posts# 2 and 6 wstaab says the RSC 1 is very similar to the Textar T4300 compound on our OE front pads.

TIA

RSc1 ok?

Originally Posted by c5racr1
I have used the pagid brakes pads on the c7. They work well I did have to change my breaking points. They provide much better stopping power. They seem a little harder on the rotors though.
crap really? RSC1??
Old 07-16-2022, 07:13 PM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Bringing this back to life, as I am about to buy the RSC1's for my Z07 track days. Rotor life is most important to me, as I'm NOT doing giro discs.
Old 07-19-2022, 12:16 PM
TJC333
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZ06
No problem going WOT at or shortly after apex if you're in a PTM mode.

PTM is predictive so you can hammer the accelerator and PTM will apply the max amount of power the car can handle.

Yeah, it's a "nanny". If you turn everything off you're on your own, but I like ABS, PTM, etc. You can hear PTM operating if you get a little too aggressive at track out, but when I'm in Sport 1, 2, or Race I never hear it.

I've read that even pro drivers are faster using PTM than with it off.

"No problem going WOT at or shortly after apex if you're in a PTM mode."

I find this hard to believe. I saw a video on YouTube with a guy in a C7 Z06 in Sport 2. He was in fourth gear doing 80MPH, going straight on cold tires. He floored it and spun the rear tires. Back end came around on him. Went off the track hit a dirt berm and the car flipped over. Fortunately he was not hurt.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:20 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by TJC333
"No problem going WOT at or shortly after apex if you're in a PTM mode."

I find this hard to believe. I saw a video on YouTube with a guy in a C7 Z06 in Sport 2. He was in fourth gear doing 80MPH, going straight on cold tires. He floored it and spun the rear tires. Back end came around on him. Went off the track hit a dirt berm and the car flipped over. Fortunately he was not hurt.
I've seen that video. Key word there was "cold."
Old 07-27-2022, 01:23 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

PTM seems to activate in turns below certain speeds. I have also found that I can't go completely wide open exiting every turn when PTM is active. Accelerating out of Turn 1 at VIR PTM activates before I hit half throttle and if I try to go full throttle from that point the back end kicks out. However, if I modulate the throttle so PTM remains active and slowly increase it I can be at wide open throttle earlier and the car literally shoots out of the corner. However, when I am exiting Turn 12 (Oak Tree) I can go wide open as soon as I start to unwind the steering wheel and PTM will keep the rear of the car planted.

Bill
Old 07-28-2022, 07:39 AM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Bill, what PTM mode do you use?
I ran last weekend, and used "underdefined" mode. No problems at all.
Old 07-28-2022, 06:37 PM
LagunaSecaZ06
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Also, in Sport 2 stability control is off. You can not push any high powered rear wheel drive car with cold tires. Name:  photo883.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  214.1 KB

Originally Posted by Dr.Ron
I've seen that video. Key word there was "cold."

Quick Reply: Z07 Pagid RSC1 impression?