C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Anyone else

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 12:00 PM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Anyone else

Since late last week whenever I go onto this Forum I get a ton of 'pop-up' ads, even in the middle of threads (especially at the end of responses from other members). Plus, the lower right corner of my screen is taken up with a 'question' box----in the center of the box it says corvette forum. If I click the box off, it only comes back a minute or so later.

Yesterday it wouldn't even allow me to log on so I could ask this question----when I went to log on it would show my user name with a picture of a lock next to it, and it would not allow me to insert the password.

Anyone else encountering such problems?
Old 04-06-2017, 12:03 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

George Vee texted me with similar issues logging on.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:10 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

This happens to me if I'm not logged in. Make sure you save your login details when your browser is closed.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:38 PM
JMills
Drifting

Received 784 Likes on 330 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C2 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2017 C2 of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by funz06
Since late last week whenever I go onto this Forum I get a ton of 'pop-up' ads, even in the middle of threads (especially at the end of responses from other members). Plus, the lower right corner of my screen is taken up with a 'question' box----in the center of the box it says corvette forum. If I click the box off, it only comes back a minute or so later.

Yesterday it wouldn't even allow me to log on so I could ask this question----when I went to log on it would show my user name with a picture of a lock next to it, and it would not allow me to insert the password.

Anyone else encountering such problems?
I enjoy cruise n the forum on my iPad, especially when traveling. The POP UP'S are driving me nuts! Easier to deal with when on the PC!
Old 04-06-2017, 12:46 PM
funz06
Drifting

Every response above showed up with a pop-up in their answer on my computer..............................an d all this loading of the pop-up capability greatly slows down the computer........getting to the point of not wanting to check in on the Forum anymore.

I shouldn't have to ask my daughter to run an anti virus program, or to play with the computer to limit the pop-ups every few weeks as I have to do now.........
Old 04-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Keppler
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 304 Posts

I run Ghostery and Ad Blocker plus and never have this problem.
The following users liked this post:
Z06NJ (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 10:05 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by Keppler
I run Ghostery and Ad Blocker plus and never have this problem.
Ad Blocker Plus worked for me too! Shows 63000 ads blocked in just few months.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by rbartick
This happens to me if I'm not logged in. Make sure you save your login details when your browser is closed.

This....if you're not logged in, you'll get pop-ups.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:28 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

This place seems to have an over-abundance of IT issues lately. They don't seem to affect everyone but for those that have problems, it's a PITA. Wish they'd get it corrected.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:51 AM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

My tapatalk version of the forum has become littered with ads throughout the threads. It's maddening. The ads also seem to take the most minimal touch to make the link open as well.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by spearfish25
My tapatalk version of the forum has become littered with ads throughout the threads. It's maddening. The ads also seem to take the most minimal touch to make the link open as well.
+1. They also take up half the screen.

P.s. Another example of a worthless thread subject.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:31 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

I'm ambivalent about running adblocker, as I do like to support the sites I use, so I usually whitelist the places I frequent.

Problem is this page has SEVENTEEN ads blocked on it. That's pushing it. I don't mind ads, but that seems like a bit much.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:57 AM
funz06
Drifting

Thanks everyone for your help and input. I passed along your thoughts to my daughter and her husband yesterday when they stopped over. They brought me NEW PC. Old one was too slow; and too old------they didn't want to spend the time cleaning it up again as they felt I have needed a new PC for a few years now.

Bottom line-------they took into account all your feedback and my PC is now running faster than ever----AND NO POP-UPS with every thread response, etc!

Poor-Sha, sorry to respectfully disagree, but the responses I received were very helpful to me...........and comforting to know I wasn't the only one having the problem. To me, this is one of the reasons for a Forum, so we can share ideas and solutions that enable us to enjoy our corvettes even more-----which encompasses reading about, and responding on this Forum.

Thanks again to all.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by funz06

Poor-Sha, sorry to respectfully disagree, but the responses I received were very helpful to me...........and comforting to know I wasn't the only one having the problem. To me, this is one of the reasons for a Forum, so we can share ideas and solutions that enable us to enjoy our corvettes even more-----which encompasses reading about, and responding on this Forum.

Thanks again to all.
Sorry I didn't mean the criticize the actual subject matter in the thread. Yes, it was a worthwhile topic. What I was commenting on - in ad admittedly cranky way - was that the subject/title listed in the forum gives the reader no information on what is being discussed in the thread. So as someone that is on the forum a lot, and tries to help out when I can, it means that either miss things or end up clicking on a bunch of unrelated threads because you have no idea what it's about from the Title.

Anywho - sorry for being cranky and I hope folks will please consider using titles for their threads that actually reflect the subject. Have a good one.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:49 AM
funz06
Drifting

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Sorry I didn't mean the criticize the actual subject matter in the thread. Yes, it was a worthwhile topic. What I was commenting on - in ad admittedly cranky way - was that the subject/title listed in the forum gives the reader no information on what is being discussed in the thread. So as someone that is on the forum a lot, and tries to help out when I can, it means that either miss things or end up clicking on a bunch of unrelated threads because you have no idea what it's about from the Title.

Anywho - sorry for being cranky and I hope folks will please consider using titles for their threads that actually reflect the subject. Have a good one.
I agree with you 100%. My topic was vague, and unfortunately, that was by design (hoping to peak readers' curiosity); however, after reading your thoughts I will avoid this approach with future posts (will have an oil change one coming in a few minutes). So many, like yourself, do offer the less knowledgeable, like myself, a great service with all your input and advice. So, with that in mind, I should do what I can to help you folks out by at least having the 'topic' made clear. This will save serious contributors time from having to sift through threads and enable them to skip the ones they want to skip without having to open them.

And, I also apologize........I should have just let things slide------Sha, I will continue to look forward to your helpful replies and posts.........I had my caffeine for the day, so no excuse for me being a jerk.........think I am anxious as I may take the car out of winter storage today--can't wait.
The following users liked this post:
Poor-sha (04-09-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 10:10 AM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

Yeah I agree, Poor-Sha's inputs are right on the money and he tends to confirm something we may be thinking or brings up something we can all benefit from and maybe never thought of. A real asset to us vette junkies.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else

Quick Reply: Anyone else