C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

First track run with DCS controller

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 03:02 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 730 Likes on 479 Posts

Default First track run with DCS controller

So my son and I spent the weekend with the KC PCA guys and girls at the newly re-opened and re-paved Heartland Park in Topeka, KS. The road surface is fantastic; super smooth. Still 'young' and we didn't have much grip on Saturday morning as the ambient temps were around 45dF, but in the afternoon when the sun came out and rubber was being laid down, grip conditions improved greatly. I can't say enough about the road surface; they've done a brilliant job.

This was also my first HPDE event with the DSC V2 and it helped tremendously in my son and I having a even greater amount of confidence in the car. Turn in is great and the rear feels extremely well planted. We did of course get an alignment set to the DSC specs, so that also helps. If anything I think I can 'stiffen' up the rear shocks a little as it might well help put the power down a little better coming out of the tighter corners. My buddy who was riding with me in the linked video is an instructor for PCA; BMW CCA and NASA, and he really things tightening them up a little would be a big plus.

Anyway Cosworth Toolbox shows my best lab at a 1:54, (this would have been a little better but for a runaway cone in the middle of the fastest corner, lol, with the max oil temp at 275dF. My car's a 2015 A8, driven in 'M' mode only and shifted around 5500 rpm to keep the temps in check. This was all with 91 octane street fuel btw.

Enjoy; Critique; whatever! lol

Bish

The following 2 users liked this post by thebishman:
Is2scooby (04-25-2017), Soluz (05-15-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 08:29 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

Very cool
Thanks for sharing
Old 04-24-2017, 08:58 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

I am trying very hard to not buy this but everyone is making it impossible, I might have to go to LG and buy one this week before next week's track day. I've been stuck at the same time for almost a year now for my local track. I really wish someone had concrete data showing lap times.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:12 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

^^^ If you've been stuck at a consistent time, then who better to test it? :-) A good baseline is everything!

Last edited by davepl; 04-24-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To First track run with DCS controller

Quick Reply: First track run with DCS controller