C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 01:01 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!

Hey Everyone,

Mitch here from ProTEKt Skid Plates, and I thought I would create a new thread specifically for the Z06 and Grand Sport Splitter Protectors.

I'm super excited about these parts, as it fits any C7 Corvette, running the stage 2 or 3 aero kit that is available on the Z06 and Grand Sport cars. I think they are one of our best products, as they use all factory hardware for installation, and there is no drilling or adhesives required. (i think I can install a set in less than 15 minutes!)

Anyway, here are some pics, as well as the basics about our parts.

they are in stock now, and ready to ship, so you can be ready for Corvette weather, which is already upon us.

click here to purchase, either from my website directly,
http://protektskidplates.com/c7-gs-z06.html

or Amazon, here.
Amazon Amazon

www.protektskidplates.com

Tired of scraping your front bumper cover on every curb and driveway in town? Take the pain out of the scrape and protect your valuable paint with lightweight, easy to install, ProTEKt skid plates for your front bumper. Let the replaceable ProTEKt skid plates take the beating and wear, so that your paint stays pristine.

· Protects the underside of your front bumper from scrapes from curbs, speed bumps and driveways

· Guaranteed to last life of your car; designed to strike the ground over and over while maintaining an undamaged appearance

· CNC machined for your specific application; blends in with your car's factory lines, for a seamless, OEM appearance

· Easy to install; includes all necessary hardware; no special tools required

· Designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA

Each set of ProTEKt skid plates…
· Protects the underside of your front bumper from scraping during everyday driving
· Maintains factory ground clearance and approach angle, unlike a splitter or lip kit
· Is precision CNC machined to specifically fit the lower bumper cover of your vehicle
· Uses factory-mounting holes whenever possible to minimize drilling and make installation easy
· Is made from 3/8 inch thick, marine-quality, high-density polyethylene chosen for
o Superior outdoor performance
o Temperature stability
o Low coefficient of friction
o Extreme high-wear resistance
o Its use in industry as a replaceable wear-spot on moving production lines, conveyor systems, and in automotive and motorcycle chain guides
· Uses this super slippery, low-friction material with a beveled edge to reduce pulling stress on the bumper cover during contact
· Uses all factory hardware, with no holes to drill, and no hardware or adhesive to buy.
· Is guaranteed for the life of your car
· Is made in the USA

Thanks,
Mitch

Last edited by ProTEKtMitch; 02-15-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:10 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

How much looks like a well thought out kit.
The following 2 users liked this post by dvandentop:
ProTEKtMitch (06-26-2017), Yorgaki1 (12-13-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 05:35 AM
Norm66
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Default Skid Plate Cost

Originally Posted by dvandentop
Checked web site: For Z06 and Grand Sport

$195 plus shipping =$210 total
The following 3 users liked this post by Norm66:
HeyDanNiceShot (07-15-2017), ProTEKtMitch (06-27-2017), rsilver (11-04-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 11:38 AM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dvandentop

Thanks!

I try to make them fit like an OEM part. The idea is that once they are installed, you don't really notice them.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:52 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Hey guys,

Mitch here again, from ProTEKt bumper protection.

I have designed a prototype splitter protector to work with the optional Z07 "winglets" but I need to do a test fit before I go ahead with production.

If if you are in the So Cal area, and you are running the z07 package winglets on your car, please hit me up if you are interested in helping out, and you will get a free installed splitter protector for your trouble.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 06-24-2017, 04:51 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Where in SoCal?

Frankly I love the idea. Although I use the front camera "all" the time, I did once forget it while dropping off my by mail ballot in Nov and maybe it was the pain of having to choose between those two, but I pulled up to the ballot box and rubbed the bottom of the splitter on the concrete curb. Dumb but it happens.

Q? What protection does the winglets need? I presume this part works with the actual splitter and the winglets for stage 2 or stage 3 only extend out another inch or so. Do you plan on making the base part that inch longer on each side?
Old 06-24-2017, 06:42 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Just ordered. I went through 3 splitters on my 2015 C7Z because they get ground down on track. I ended up with a gap between the splitter and undertray so it no longer functioned correctly. The worst part is that the bolt heads are the first thing to grind and can make removing them a pain. This kit looks to leave the heads recessed which should protect them and the splitter.
The following 2 users liked this post by Poor-sha:
Hemi Dave (12-28-2017), ProTEKtMitch (06-26-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 07:04 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pkincy
Where in SoCal?

Frankly I love the idea. Although I use the front camera "all" the time, I did once forget it while dropping off my by mail ballot in Nov and maybe it was the pain of having to choose between those two, but I pulled up to the ballot box and rubbed the bottom of the splitter on the concrete curb. Dumb but it happens.

Q? What protection does the winglets need? I presume this part works with the actual splitter and the winglets for stage 2 or stage 3 only extend out another inch or so. Do you plan on making the base part that inch longer on each side?

actally, I think the camera and my skid plates work really well together. The camera is great for parking, and judging distance to curbs and bollard poles, and the skid plates do their job on parking lot transitions and steep driveway entrances. (Here in Los Angles, they also put drainage dips in the intersections of a lot of the roads here, that will scrape your car as well) and for that, often the camera is of little help, as you can't always just back up and go a different way.

I think the the scenario that folks are having with the winglets occurs when pulling into a steep driveway, where sometimes you need to go in at an angle to try to minimize the front bodywork scrape.

also, my shop is in Gardena.

Thanks,
Mitch

Last edited by ProTEKtMitch; 06-24-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:04 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Just ordered. I went through 3 splitters on my 2015 C7Z because they get ground down on track. I ended up with a gap between the splitter and undertray so it no longer functioned correctly. The worst part is that the bolt heads are the first thing to grind and can make removing them a pain. This kit looks to leave the heads recessed which should protect them and the splitter.

Wow, you are on your 3rd splitter? That's amazing. But track use can be pretty hard on parts, so I guess that is understandable! Its actually pretty cool to see folks out there using these cars like they are meant to.

You are are right though, protecting the fasteners is a pretty high priority with me, so they are counterbored into the plates so they won't get ground away.

We warranty the the plates for life, as well, so if you wear them out to the point they aren't protecting the splitter, or if the bolts start getting ground away, we will send you a replacement, and only charge for shipping.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 06-26-2017, 03:00 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Shipped!

Maybe you can be the first person to actually wear a set out!
The following users liked this post:
Poor-sha (06-26-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 03:19 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Have you installed them yet?

I'd love to know how they are holding up to track day type abuse!!

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 07-08-2017, 04:41 PM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

price you pay for lowered cars
ProTEKtMitch (07-09-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 10:40 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by ProTEKtMitch
Have you installed them yet?

I'd love to know how they are holding up to track day type abuse!!

Thanks,
Mitch
Yup - first thing I installed on the car! Install was easy although I did end up reloosening the bolts to better align the piece with the splitter (it was originally protruding a bit). I haven't been to the track with the new car but will report back after I do. Thanks for a great and innovative product at a reasonable price.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:41 PM
itsaz
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Wow! Ordered one at 2:57PM today and got an email saying it shipped at 4:28!!! I'm impressed.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:16 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by itsaz
Wow! Ordered one at 2:57PM today and got an email saying it shipped at 4:28!!! I'm impressed.
Thanks.

We keep them in stock, and try to ship by the next business day, whenever possible.

I grew up working in the automotive aftermarket, as well as doing some racing myself, I I know how frustrating it is to have to wait for parts you have already paid for.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 07-14-2017, 01:23 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Just ordered. Hopefully it will help getting into, and out of, the trailer at the track, as well as one of my driveways.
ProTEKtMitch (07-15-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 10:54 AM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fleming23
Just ordered. Hopefully it will help getting into, and out of, the trailer at the track, as well as one of my driveways.
Thanks!

What year is the C3 in your avatar pic? My folks had several of them when I was younger, and the early C3 cars have always been my favorite.

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!

Old 07-15-2017, 03:03 PM
eddie-d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ProTEKtMitch
Shipped!

Maybe you can be the first person to actually wear a set out!

I received mine last week. My first impression was that they look great and line up perfectly. They will certainly hold to up everyday abuse.

My only minor gripe is that they didn't come with any installation hardware. I know, I know, it's easy to run to Autozone and get the necessary hardware but still.....nonetheless, great product.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:15 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by eddie-d
I received mine last week. My first impression was that they look great and line up perfectly. They will certainly hold to up everyday abuse.

My only minor gripe is that they didn't come with any installation hardware. I know, I know, it's easy to run to Autozone and get the necessary hardware but still.....nonetheless, great product.
The Z06 kits do not need hardware to bolt up to the factory splitter. It uses the factory bolts that should already be on your car. Just remove the existing bolts, place the splitter protector, and then just put the bolts back in!

If you are seeing something different, shoot some pics so I can see what you are looking at.

Thanks,
Mitch
HeyDanNiceShot (07-15-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 03:15 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie-d

The original post said that the kit included all necessary hardware. What did you have to buy that wasn't there?

Quick Reply: Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!