C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Official Z06 Problem List

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 12:00 AM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

I think my converter issue is coming back after the triple flush. About 8k miles (since the flush, 32k miles total) and it was doing so much better but now I have and intermittent wobble that I thought might be an unbalanced rim but it comes and goes so I'm thinking that rules that out.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:31 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

I like these cars. Styling, power, handling, chassis design, technology, etc. are great, but quality and reliability are questionable. Still, you can't beat the fun for the money.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:59 AM
johnny.s
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 corvette zo6 automatic c7r edition number 417

Hi Guy

I have an issue with the differential and Gm is giving me the run around.

Does any one know what crown and pinion is used on this car.

Thanks
Im over waiting for gm and just wanna fix the car.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:03 PM
fiberblast
Advanced

Default 2016 Z06 M7 2900 miles, black/red

fuel line leak- resolved by dealer

hood color several shades different than the rest of the car-unresolved

2 bent wheels- just found out today
Old 05-08-2018, 05:28 PM
tbran6
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default eDiff

Originally Posted by djnice
I keep having problems with eDiff. It stops locking when components under the car get heat soaked. It doesn't throw codes so GM says tell customer to get lost. They refuse to acknowledge there is anything wrong. If it is around 60F ambient then it will cool down and go back to normal.
Maybe check the differential fluid and/or change it?
Old 05-08-2018, 09:47 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by fiberblast
fuel line leak- resolved by dealer

hood color several shades different than the rest of the car-unresolved

2 bent wheels- just found out today
Bent or cracked?
Old 05-08-2018, 10:25 PM
DJackman
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

2017 M7

after 6 months of ownership I found oil drips under the rear diff. Took it to the dealer and refill the rear diff fluid and tighten what was once a loose drain plug

Last edited by DJackman; 05-08-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:55 PM
Fastmikefree
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1597057362

Found out that was missing 1.3l+ of coolant in SC circuit despite regular maintenance by GM dealer...

Supercharger started to make very bad noise (see linked post). Might be bearing suffered overheat.

Might explain regular loss of power!

Appointment made with dealer for September after vacation period... they will evaluate and would replace SC under warranty.

Wait and see

Last edited by Fastmikefree; 05-21-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:27 AM
cmichels1999
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Brake Caliper Issue

I ran my Z06 at Autobahn South track last weekend. After the second session on Sunday I decided to change my brake pads since they were low. Glad I did it when I did. The inside pad on the drivers rear was worn uneven. I took the car into the dealership and they said the one piston the caliper would not disengage. They changed the caliper. GM extended warranty paid $750.00, I paid $0.00.

Here are some pictures of the brake pad.
Attached Images   
Old 05-27-2018, 02:26 PM
trevor90
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 85 Posts

my fuel disappears. like way too much,..
The following 2 users liked this post by trevor90:
08redharley (07-12-2018), Fastmikefree (05-28-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 09:58 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,447 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by trevor90
my fuel disappears. like way too much,..
Yup, and my rear tires do too.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:41 AM
Izzy1000
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default My 2016 Corvette ZO7 is possessed

I have written about my problems with a 2016 Corvette ZO7 M7.
At 5000 miles all the lifters, guide rods valves on one side were destroyed.
Chevy rebuilt the including a new cam.

At 16,000 miles electronics crashed. No navigation, radio and the screen went dark. It took about 5 or 6 weeks to get the parts.

The car started to use oil. At about 20,000 miles the dealer did a consumption test. At that time the car was going through oil at a high rate.
GM told the dealer to take the heads off. They found that 2 to 4 cylinder liners were badly damaged. GM told the dealer to pull the engine. GM was sending a completely new engine. When I picked the car up from the Dealer, I was told not to go over 3500 RPM. AT 500 miles GM would change the oil.

The next day while driving the shifter didn't feel right. I decided to let the dealer take another look. They said they checked everything out and the car was good to go. I went for a drive and then all hell broke loose.

I was pulling away from a stop light in 1st gear. With a depressed clutch about 2 inches from the bottom. The clutch could not hold the car. I could feel it slipping. Then it made a vicious noise so I pulled over. Dealer sent a truck to pick the car.

They called today and said they need to look inside the tranny and the clutch assembly. It would take a half a day to get it out of the car.

I really like the car. When it's running right it's a beast. Today I hired a Lemon Law attorney. He believes I will get all of my money back. I forgot to ask him how long the entire process takes.
I need to buy a new car that can be tracked. I am not sure I can trust another ZO7 or a ZR1.
I like a manual trans and the only two choices are another Corvette or a Porsche 911Gt3. It's almost impossible to find a Gt3 with a manual or automatic. I priced out a ZR1 with accessories at about $143,000. I priced out a Gt3 with accessories at about $178,000. Prices for Corvettes are moving up to Porsche prices.
The following users liked this post:
forcewindu (07-01-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 04:49 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

GM should have given you a new car sooner instead of relying on the dealer to fix things.
forcewindu (07-01-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 10:21 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzy1000
I have written about my problems with a 2016 Corvette ZO7 M7.
At 5000 miles all the lifters, guide rods valves on one side were destroyed.
Chevy rebuilt the including a new cam.

At 16,000 miles electronics crashed. No navigation, radio and the screen went dark. It took about 5 or 6 weeks to get the parts.

The car started to use oil. At about 20,000 miles the dealer did a consumption test. At that time the car was going through oil at a high rate.
GM told the dealer to take the heads off. They found that 2 to 4 cylinder liners were badly damaged. GM told the dealer to pull the engine. GM was sending a completely new engine. When I picked the car up from the Dealer, I was told not to go over 3500 RPM. AT 500 miles GM would change the oil.

The next day while driving the shifter didn't feel right. I decided to let the dealer take another look. They said they checked everything out and the car was good to go. I went for a drive and then all hell broke loose.

I was pulling away from a stop light in 1st gear. With a depressed clutch about 2 inches from the bottom. The clutch could not hold the car. I could feel it slipping. Then it made a vicious noise so I pulled over. Dealer sent a truck to pick the car.

They called today and said they need to look inside the tranny and the clutch assembly. It would take a half a day to get it out of the car.

I really like the car. When it's running right it's a beast. Today I hired a Lemon Law attorney. He believes I will get all of my money back. I forgot to ask him how long the entire process takes.
I need to buy a new car that can be tracked. I am not sure I can trust another ZO7 or a ZR1.
I like a manual trans and the only two choices are another Corvette or a Porsche 911Gt3. It's almost impossible to find a Gt3 with a manual or automatic. I priced out a ZR1 with accessories at about $143,000. I priced out a Gt3 with accessories at about $178,000. Prices for Corvettes are moving up to Porsche prices.
GOOD GRIEF That's just terrible, I have been wanting a Z06 but after reading in this thread
What would an unsuspecting used car buyer do if this were to happen with no warranty, Damn
Old 06-06-2018, 08:22 PM
LT5ROB
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info !!.. I am currently considering trading my beautiful DSOM C6 Auto coupe in on a 15-16 DSOM Z06 Manual coupe. This next Corvette will be my last one ( I think) and all your real world information I found in this thread is greatly appreciated. I have no reason to upgrade the one I have other than I think I want to shift again so I want a great replacement with some peace of mind that the $75k or so I am spending is not for a bunch of heartburn with a stick shift... Thanks again,.. Rob
Old 06-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Izzy1000
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LT5ROB
Thanks for the info !!.. I am currently considering trading my beautiful DSOM C6 Auto coupe in on a 15-16 DSOM Z06 Manual coupe. This next Corvette will be my last one ( I think) and all your real world information I found in this thread is greatly appreciated. I have no reason to upgrade the one I have other than I think I want to shift again so I want a great replacement with some peace of mind that the $75k or so I am spending is not for a bunch of heartburn with a stick shift... Thanks again,.. Rob
I really believe the problems with my 2016 Corvette ZO6 are not the norm. I have seen a few of the automatics go into Limp mode on a very hot track day. I have never seen a manual go into limp mode. 2016 the cars had the ability to shut down the 4 cylinders during ECO Mode. A number of engines were rebuilt or replaced after the car was running in ECO Mode. I am sure that's what happened to mine.
The part that bothers me the most is a loss of power when the outside temperature reaches 70 degrees. When I ran the car in temperatures 40 degrees the car pulled like a beast. As the temperature moved up to 65 or 70 it lost power. It was still fast but the acceleration was not there.
forcewindu (07-01-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 05:36 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by musclesbmf
2015 M7 - worst A/C ever and the cooled seats are a joke to say the least.
Odd, my 2015 Z07 blows cold as hell

Get notified of new replies

To Official Z06 Problem List

Old 06-08-2018, 07:42 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

The seats are just fans so they only get as cold as the interior. Some don't seem to blow as hard as others. Mine there is little noticeable difference from low to high.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:44 PM
2015BlueZ06Z07
5th Gear

Default Seat adjustments

Originally Posted by MRHTRD
2016 M7 Z06 / Z07 -

Power steering overheat on the track going into a turn.......steering pretty much locked up. GM had a bulletin and a fix.... that I had to pay for!

A/C - Not as cold as my other vehicles and the seat is cool but not cold on a hot day.

Low Power mode day before yesterday while backing out of the garage. Put it away and will deal with it next week (busy). Go figure. Never happened on the track, just backing out of my garage. That is certain to instill confidence in the product !!

Forgot to mention - most irritating thing about my Z is the seat adjustment. For crying out loud can't we just use a set button and have it move automatically when we get into the car and out if the car?
I get in, push the seat button to get the seat close enough so that I can push the clutch down to start, and as soon as I hit the start button my seat starts going backward......What a FPITA !!! I have to keep my finger on the seat button to stop it from moving back.

Worst part of this is that Chevrolet recognizes this problem and "warns you in advance" in a letter that they sent out to users after the fact. Are you freakin kidding me ? FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM !!!!!
All in all, I love the car !! But come on people, we don't need these little issues in a $110K car !!!!
What I do after I enter my Z, press the start button and your seat should move forward to your setting, then you can start your car. Hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Hershey71
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MRHTRD
2016 M7 Z06 / Z07 -

Power steering overheat on the track going into a turn.......steering pretty much locked up. GM had a bulletin and a fix.... that I had to pay for!

A/C - Not as cold as my other vehicles and the seat is cool but not cold on a hot day.

Low Power mode day before yesterday while backing out of the garage. Put it away and will deal with it next week (busy). Go figure. Never happened on the track, just backing out of my garage. That is certain to instill confidence in the product !!

Forgot to mention - most irritating thing about my Z is the seat adjustment. For crying out loud can't we just use a set button and have it move automatically when we get into the car and out if the car?
I get in, push the seat button to get the seat close enough so that I can push the clutch down to start, and as soon as I hit the start button my seat starts going backward......What a FPITA !!! I have to keep my finger on the seat button to stop it from moving back.

Worst part of this is that Chevrolet recognizes this problem and "warns you in advance" in a letter that they sent out to users after the fact. Are you freakin kidding me ? FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM !!!!!
All in all, I love the car !! But come on people, we don't need these little issues in a $110K car !!!!

<><><><><><>

I had my 2015 overheat the steering motor last year on the track. I didn't lose steering, it did get real stiff though and the dealer added the cooling duct per the bulletin and didn't charge me either.

Some vehicles have a duct that run off the evaporator. When I'm on the track that's the last of my thoughts. Hell I run the heater full blast and haven't had it overheat.

The seats are adjusted to the key fob. My easy exit feature and 1 & 2 seat positions work just fine. Just make sure you use the same fob each time you enter the vehicle. I use #2 position for the track, momentarily push the button and away it goes.

Last edited by Hershey71; 06-10-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Z06 Problem List