C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

question on replacement warranty side skirts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 08:43 AM
ukester
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 167 Likes on 93 Posts

Default question on replacement warranty side skirts?

question for everyone is has any one had gm put side skirts on there car because of stone nicks on there car? Seems to me a car that ave cost is or above one hundred thousand dollars and known problems gm should install this at little to no charge. All comments are welcome-at 1900 miles i am seeing some nicks and believe me when i see a stone in the road i slow down and avoid it.

thanks for your advise
Mark
Old 07-21-2017, 09:04 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by ukester
question for everyone is has any one had gm put side skirts on there car because of stone nicks on there car? Seems to me a car that ave cost is or above one hundred thousand dollars and known problems gm should install this at little to no charge. All comments are welcome-at 1900 miles i am seeing some nicks and believe me when i see a stone in the road i slow down and avoid it.

thanks for your advise
Mark
My last Z was stone chipped to death, this time I wrapped the whole car new with 6 miles on it, when I showed the dealer the last car they called it wear and tear, and normal.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:08 AM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Using your same logic (from what I could decipher/translate), on a hundred thousand dollar car, spending $2000, or less, on side skirts is in fact "little to no charge." They make it an option for a reason, you could easily find out online that they make a difference or are recommended by most at this point. Why not add them to the car before you left the lot with it and rather expect the dealer/GM to give them to you for free?
Old 07-21-2017, 09:27 AM
HighBeta
Amat Victoria Curam
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Replacement warranty skirts?

I am pretty confused by your words. The C7Z comes with 3/4 skirts standard. Do yours need replacement due to a manufacturing defect?
Old 07-21-2017, 02:01 PM
ukester
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 167 Likes on 93 Posts

the 2016 did not come standard-gm knew about problems with the damage stone chips/nicks. When I bought this i was told get gm mudflaps which I had purchased and installed would take care of this-yes after reading many here I now know about side skirts keeping stones from hitting the rockers. just asking if anyone has made the case that gm should have installed these and since then gm installed them under a warranty claim after being confronted with a frustrated and pissed off customer.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:20 PM
mtaylor
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

They were offered on 2016 you chose not to purchase them not sure how that's warranty issue.

Get notified of new replies

To question on replacement warranty side skirts?

Quick Reply: question on replacement warranty side skirts?