C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Rev match paddles placement

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Basil2000
Drifting

Received 975 Likes on 500 Posts

Default Rev match paddles placement

when I'm on the track i find myself inadvertently hitting the rev match paddle. anyone else find this annoying? i find myself sliding my hands up to avoid hitting them and then my hands are not in the ideal position. you can see where this could be an issue if you hit the paddle turning rev match on or off and having it cause an issue. Is there any solution to permanently turning rev match on or off and removing the paddles or just new paddles that are further from the steering wheel? i love my car but this seems like a terrible design, especially for one where people are going to be tracking.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:19 PM
cyi1
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 169 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Basil2000
when I'm on the track i find myself inadvertently hitting the rev match paddle. anyone else find this annoying? i find myself sliding my hands up to avoid hitting them and then my hands are not in the ideal position. you can see where this could be an issue if you hit the paddle turning rev match on or off and having it cause an issue. Is there any solution to permanently turning rev match on or off and removing the paddles or just new paddles that are further from the steering wheel? i love my car but this seems like a terrible design, especially for one where people are going to be tracking.
I've accidentally hit the rev match paddles twice during some really spirited road driving. Wish they just put a button for rev match instead of 2 big paddles. If I can just swap out my left paddle with a smaller or just delete it that would help.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:26 PM
rwheelz
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

It is honestly RIDICULOUS to have these two massive paddles for this purpose.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:01 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

I start the car, activate ARM, and drive!!!

Never even notice the paddles after that whether I'm driving on the street or on the track with gloves.

I never have inadvertently hit the paddles and have never found them in the way or annoying - I just don't even ever know they're there after I activate ARM.

Just MHO, YMMV!!

Old 10-23-2017, 09:27 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

They're just plastic. Easy to trim them to a smaller, less intrusive size if you are having an issue with hitting them inadvertently. Much easier to trim them than to relocate.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:33 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 734 Likes on 482 Posts

Never had an issue with them on street or track. I’ve turned on the wipers while catching a slide while autocrossing. I’ve also changed the menu in the DIC by accidentally using the D-pad on the steering wheel autocrossing. No issues on track at all.

I actually like the paddles for ARM now. Initially I thought the placement was dumb and just a remnant of a cheap carryover for the auto cars. Then I’ve found I use them while street driving. I usually keep ARM off and do the footwork myself. This goes fine even with flip flops most of the time. But for those times where I want ARM, it’s a quick paddle pull and GO. Especially like it for a highway passing maneuver with multiple gear downshifts or trying to catch a left turn green arrow.

Last edited by spearfish25; 10-23-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:23 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

The OP should do a write up and photos on how to remove and resize the paddles. There is no reason to turn it on and off while you are driving. It should have been a toggle in the settings just like the exhaust.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:19 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,964 Likes on 5,350 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZ06
I start the car, activate ARM, and drive!!!

Never even notice the paddles after that whether I'm driving on the street or on the track with gloves.

I never have inadvertently hit the paddles and have never found them in the way or annoying - I just don't even ever know they're there after I activate ARM.

Just MHO, YMMV!!

Originally Posted by spearfish25
Never had an issue with them on street or track. I’ve turned on the wipers while catching a slide while autocrossing. I’ve also changed the menu in the DIC by accidentally using the D-pad on the steering wheel autocrossing. No issues on track at all.
Same for me. Have never accidentally hit them while driving on street, autocross or track.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Rev match paddles placement

Quick Reply: Rev match paddles placement