C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Aftermarket front bumper track splitter for C7 Grand Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 11:39 PM
c4t
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Aftermarket front bumper track splitter for C7 Grand Sport

Hey Guys I just bought a front crashed c7 gs, looking to make it a dedicated track car. I have looked for decent aftermarket front bumpers and splitters but I have had no luck on the bumper. Anyone can make any recomendations?

Here is a pic of the car
Its a 2018 GS Carbon 65 car number 22

Old 12-11-2017, 01:06 AM
truth.b
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by c4t
Hey Guys I just bought a front crashed c7 gs, looking to make it a dedicated track car. I have looked for decent aftermarket front bumpers and splitters but I have had no luck on the bumper. Anyone can make any recomendations?

Here is a pic of the car
Its a 2018 GS Carbon 65 car number 22

What's the story with this one? And why not restore it with factory parts?
Old 12-11-2017, 08:56 AM
c4t
Instructor

Originally Posted by truth.b

What's the story with this one? And why not restore it with factory parts?
Not sure, I bought it at an auction, I could fix it with factory parts however since I have to redo the whole front I wanted to put a more aggressive and stronger front splitter and bumper to hold directly at the frame. And maybe save a little money. If you know of a place I could find cheaper factory bumper please share.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2017, 10:07 AM
BladeZ06
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by c4t
Not sure, I bought it at an auction, I could fix it with factory parts however since I have to redo the whole front I wanted to put a more aggressive and stronger front splitter and bumper to hold directly at the frame. And maybe save a little money. If you know of a place I could find cheaper factory bumper please share.

Thanks
I believe the front bumper is the same on all current C7 models. (just not ZR1) So any C7 bumper should work. Same with the hood between GS and Z51/Stingray. Splitter there are a ton of aftermarket ones. I believe the fenders are specific to GS/Z06.

With it looking like you need a bumper, hood and fenders I would consider replacing the front end with ZR1 parts for better cooling and Aero. Only thing is that those parts are not out yet and I expect they will be $$$.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:13 AM
c4t
Instructor

Originally Posted by BladeZ06
I believe the front bumper is the same on all current C7 models. (just not ZR1) So any C7 bumper should work. Same with the hood between GS and Z51/Stingray. Splitter there are a ton of aftermarket ones. I believe the fenders are specific to GS/Z06.

With it looking like you need a bumper, hood and fenders I would consider replacing the front end with ZR1 parts for better cooling and Aero. Only thing is that those parts are not out yet and I expect they will be $$$.
yes I thought about it and looked everywhere for ZR1 bumpers but not out yet or at least I could not find it anywhere
Old 12-11-2017, 12:45 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

You might double check the part numbers between GS and Z06. Since the hoods are different the bumpers might be slightly different. I can't tell from my photos of each (I have had both). Hopefully someone will post an aftermarket option for you.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:51 PM
c4t
Instructor

Originally Posted by djnice
You might double check the part numbers between GS and Z06. Since the hoods are different the bumpers might be slightly different. I can't tell from my photos of each (I have had both). Hopefully someone will post an aftermarket option for you.
yes that is something else I have been trying to figure out, are the C7 Stingray bumpers the same as the Z06 and GS?
Old 12-11-2017, 01:11 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

I am pretty sure the stingray bumper is different where it lines up to the fenders because the stingray fenders are narrower. When they made the Z and GS they didn't only add the black plastic on the fenders the fenders are actually wider and flared more.

I just noticed your fender is missing the black plastic that wraps around it. I suppose it was tore off with the bumper.

Last edited by djnice; 12-11-2017 at 01:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
c4t (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 01:17 PM
c4t
Instructor

I am pretty sure the stingray bumper is different where it lines up to the fenders because the stingray fenders are narrower. When they made the Z and GS they didn't only add the black plastic on the fenders the fenders are actually wider and flared more.

I just noticed your fender is missing the black plastic that wraps around it. I suppose it was tore off with the bumper.
that makes sense, thanks
Old 12-11-2017, 03:03 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

This site says the front bumper is the same part no. I am not sure I believe it, but I suppose is possible.

https://www.cultragfactoryparts.com/...nts-front-scat
Old 12-11-2017, 03:12 PM
c4t
Instructor

This site says the front bumper is the same part no. I am not sure I believe it, but I suppose is possible.

https://www.cultragfactoryparts.com/...nts-front-scat
yes! that is why I am so confused, some sites show fitment for all and others just the Z06/GS.

If anyone has done this before please speak up.

thanks!
Old 12-11-2017, 06:21 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,231 Likes on 6,030 Posts

Front bumper is the exact same part across all C7s except the new ZR one.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:23 PM
c4t
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
Front bumper is the exact same part across all C7s except the new ZR one.
thanks man, is there a ZR1 part number for front bumpers already?
Old 12-11-2017, 07:56 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,231 Likes on 6,030 Posts

Originally Posted by c4t
thanks man, is there a ZR1 part number for front bumpers already?
no idea. But I'd assume the parts are on restriction given the car is ramping up production. Plus you have to have the ZR one fenders and hood because the body lines are all subtly different
Old 12-11-2017, 08:59 PM
c4t
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
no idea. But I'd assume the parts are on restriction given the car is ramping up production. Plus you have to have the ZR one fenders and hood because the body lines are all subtly different
Yea I need to change a fender, if they were available I would probably do the swap for it all.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Mad Dog 24
Drifting

Location: Syracuse-Central Square New York Winer of the all Corvette race WGI 8/23!
Received 365 Likes on 257 Posts

C4T, Dedicated track car sounds like a fun build. I built a few .... well many wrecks for street and track. I would first get the car on a bench and have the chassis laser measured with equipment such as Chief LaserLock for safety and alignment purpose. You want to confirm there is or is not any structural damage. I would be surprised if there is not as the frame horn ends are way out front on these cars. After get an alignment or try before you go to far. A twisted rail or unseen buckle after its all done sucks.

Lucky you don't have to worry about cooling to much with the NA. These cars can run wide open all day long from the few i have seen at the track. I would go with basically a stock front for now as the parts are not to costly. These cars have great balance in stock spoiler form. Keep in touch we all like to see the progress. Good luck...... i hope you are a collision technician or have a friend, that sure will save some big labor dollars

PS. put a cage in it, safety first!
Old 12-11-2017, 10:30 PM
c4t
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mad Dog 24
C4T, Dedicated track car sounds like a fun build. I built a few .... well many wrecks for street and track. I would first get the car on a bench and have the chassis laser measured with equipment such as Chief LaserLock for safety and alignment purpose. You want to confirm there is or is not any structural damage. I would be surprised if there is not as the frame horn ends are way out front on these cars. After get an alignment or try before you go to far. A twisted rail or unseen buckle after its all done sucks.

Lucky you don't have to worry about cooling to much with the NA. These cars can run wide open all day long from the few i have seen at the track. I would go with basically a stock front for now as the parts are not to costly. These cars have great balance in stock spoiler form. Keep in touch we all like to see the progress. Good luck...... i hope you are a collision technician or have a friend, that sure will save some big labor dollars

PS. put a cage in it, safety first!
Thanks I appreciate any and all advise I can get, a shop a friend of mine has used before is doing the rebuild work therefore I doubt I would save much $ there.

I will have it laser checked and alligned like you said first hopefully its not too bad.

Have you used any cage on C7 that you would recommend?

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket front bumper track splitter for C7 Grand Sport

Old 12-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Mad Dog 24
Drifting

Location: Syracuse-Central Square New York Winer of the all Corvette race WGI 8/23!
Received 365 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by c4t
Thanks I appreciate any and all advise I can get, a shop a friend of mine has used before is doing the rebuild work therefore I doubt I would save much $ there.

I will have it laser checked and alligned like you said first hopefully its not too bad.

Have you used any cage on C7 that you would recommend?
I have not caged a C7 but have seen it done. You will need to get into the Trans Am series builders circle to find out who and what they are using. I would start by asking LG and Mark at AMT MotorSports. He has a few other goodies you should get too. Mention my name as we sell and install his goods too.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:07 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

You outbid me on that car.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 12-12-2017, 02:20 PM
snork
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts

with the exception of the new ZR1, the front and rear of the car, door, top and hatch are the same across the board The hood, front fenders, rear quarters and vents on the Z06 and GS is the only different body parts from the Stingray
The following users liked this post:
c4t (12-12-2017)

Quick Reply: Aftermarket front bumper track splitter for C7 Grand Sport