C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

10,000 Pound Two Post Lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 08:07 AM
MMM15ZO6
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 10,000 Pound Two Post Lift

Good morning all,
I would like your recommendations for a car lift that has a multi use function ranging from a Z06 up to a F-350 dually 4x4. I am concern with the width on the Z frame rails (puck openings) and the lack of adjustment on the rear.

Thanks in advance for your input
Old 03-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

Not sure what you mean about the lack of adjustment on the rear. The issue I ran into when installing my MaxJax is the Corvette has a wider frame than other vehicles. I had to go with the maximum separation of the lift posts to get the lift arms to fit properly under my C6 frame which is the same width as the C7 frame. If the car is centered on the lift the arms barely extend. If it is off center by an inch or so the arm on one side or the other won't be able to extend and sometimes even in its full retracted position isn't retracted far enough. Conversely, with my Tahoe the frame is inboard of the rocker panels by about a foot so the arms are extended almost to the end and I have greater leeway on positioning the vehicle on the lift as I don't have to worry about being exactly centered.

Bill
The following users liked this post:
MMM15ZO6 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 12:16 PM
rmonday
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Not sure what you mean about the lack of adjustment on the rear. The issue I ran into when installing my MaxJax is the Corvette has a wider frame than other vehicles. I had to go with the maximum separation of the lift posts to get the lift arms to fit properly under my C6 frame which is the same width as the C7 frame. If the car is centered on the lift the arms barely extend. If it is off center by an inch or so the arm on one side or the other won't be able to extend and sometimes even in its full retracted position isn't retracted far enough. Conversely, with my Tahoe the frame is inboard of the rocker panels by about a foot so the arms are extended almost to the end and I have greater leeway on positioning the vehicle on the lift as I don't have to worry about being exactly centered.

Bill

Mohawk!
MMM15ZO6 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 10:03 PM
MMM15ZO6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn

Bill
Thanks Bill,
I tried my friends Derek Weaver 10K lift. I apologize for not being more specific in original post. You are spot on the fact the frame is wider than the rear arms fully retraced by approximately 1" on either side when car is centered between the post. (or as close as possible). Move off center 1" and one side the pad hits the puck and misses the other side by 2". The
front arms are fine. With that said the fronts are a three stage arm and the rear only two thus the the rears on his lift.

Again thanks for the input
Old 03-09-2018, 10:07 PM
MMM15ZO6
Instructor

Originally Posted by rmonday
Mohawk!
Thank you, I will research Mohawk
Old 03-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Mad Dog 24
Drifting

Location: Syracuse-Central Square New York Winer of the all Corvette race WGI 8/23!
Received 365 Likes on 257 Posts

We have a Rotary 10k Lbs. 2 post A symmetrical. Yes it will lift your truck fine, we regularly put 9k to 10k Lbs.vans and trucks on it. I bet if your Z is lowered 1 inch over stock it won't clear the extension arms especially if you have side skirts on the car. Then getting a puck into the frame and the lift pads to go under i highly doubt it will work. We put all Vetts on our Rotary 4 post. Hopefully there's another 2 post manufacture that will work.
MMM15ZO6 (03-10-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 06:56 PM
flachsbarth
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MMM15ZO6
Good morning all,
I would like your recommendations for a car lift that has a multi use function ranging from a Z06 up to a F-350 dually 4x4. I am concern with the width on the Z frame rails (puck openings) and the lack of adjustment on the rear.

I have a Revolution RTP10 (10k lb./asymmetrical) lift installed at the wide setting. Works great on my 1500 Chevy truck and '15 Z06 with room to get in and out of driver side. My Z has stage II carbon fiber side splitters so I have to drive onto 2x10s on all four wheels and then use the lifting pucks, but it works great. Less than $4k, installed.

Last edited by flachsbarth; 03-14-2018 at 07:07 PM. Reason: add photo
MMM15ZO6 (03-17-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 08:12 AM
RUQWIKR
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.challengerlifts.com/products/cl10v3-series/

I've used a CL10 (older V2 version) for ~15 years with LOTS of use, not one issue. At least at the time, it was all American steel, subcomponents, etc. and made in Kentucky. You can contact your area rep via the website. Their design works great on low cars all the way up to HD trucks. I lift everything from very low cars to my HD diesel pickup.

http://www.challengerlifts.com/versymmetric-story/
MMM15ZO6 (03-17-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 10:54 PM
Widgeon5
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by MMM15ZO6
Good morning all,

I have a Rotary 2-post asymmetrical rated at 9000 lbs (I believe current version is 10K.) With a few monkey motions it works fine for my ZO6/ZO7 with side skirts. You will need pucks; the Reverse Logic standard height ones work for me. Now, the 4 jacking points on the car are too close together and/or wide for my rear (longer) lift arms to catch them. The front arms will catch the end pads on the lift arms, but for the rear the pucks will sit about 2 feet back on the arm itself rather than on the normal pad at the end of the arm. In my opinion this is perfectly safe. When I bought my lift I should have specified the three-piece telescoping arms; those might or might not fit the Corvette in the normal way, but there have been other cars where I could have used them. In 2003 my cost to retrofit would have been $700 and I didn't do it. I imagine the differential would be much less with an original purchase.

Last edited by Widgeon5; 03-15-2018 at 10:59 PM.
MMM15ZO6 (03-17-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 12:30 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

You don't have to lift at the puck locations. You can lift further forward on the front and further back on the rear.
The following 2 users liked this post by djnice:
MMM15ZO6 (03-17-2018), Widgeon5 (03-16-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 06:47 AM
Mu$cle
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 57 Posts

This is what I installed. Couple of their pictures are of my car on the lift. This is considered a portable lift, similar to the MaxJax but on a quadruple dose of steroids. Has auto safety locks at 5" intervals instead of a rod that provides only two height options on the MaxJax. Fortunately, I have enough garage width to leave it in place. I spaced the uprights wide enough to allow easy entry to the car on both sides. The arms are three-part telescoping and low enough to clear the side skirts. I use the snap-in hard plastic pucks. I thought this lift was reasonably priced, delivery was prompt and all my interfaces with their staff have been great.
https://www.naautoequipment.com/Univ...t-car-lift.htm
MMM15ZO6 (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 09:13 AM
MMM15ZO6
Instructor

Originally Posted by flachsbarth

I have a Revolution RTP10 (10k lb./asymmetrical) lift installed at the wide setting. Works great on my 1500 Chevy truck and '15 Z06 with room to get in and out of driver side. My Z has stage II carbon fiber side splitters so I have to drive onto 2x10s on all four wheels and then use the lifting pucks, but it works great. Less than $4k, installed.
Is your 67 Chevelle a BB
Old 03-17-2018, 11:33 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

I have a Mohawk A7. Mine's rated to 7000 and I've had my 6500lb Escalade up on, but I'd likely go one model up if I was doing a lot of trucks.

Here's why I picked it:

- It's made in the USA, not China
- It's OSHA rated and I'm way too good looking to be killed by a falling Pontiac
- It's user friendly
- It's asymmetrical
- It's really well made and solid
- You can install them with nothing overhead (I ran the hydraulics in the floor), maximizing lift height

Last edited by davepl; 03-17-2018 at 11:35 AM.
MMM15ZO6 (03-17-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To 10,000 Pound Two Post Lift

Quick Reply: 10,000 Pound Two Post Lift