C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Powerstop brakes. Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 10:49 AM
Poolguy69
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Powerstop brakes. Problem

i have powerstops on 3 of my cars. Carbon ceramic. To keep the dust down.
However, my c7 z-06 the pad is eating into my rotor. It looks like a corner of the pad broke off and jammed in between rotor and pad. I did take back apart and cleaned but now have a groove in pad and rotor.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:53 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Poolguy69

i have powerstops on 3 of my cars. Carbon ceramic. To keep the dust down.
However, my c7 z-06 the pad is eating into my rotor. It looks like a corner of the pad broke off and jammed in between rotor and pad. I did take back apart and cleaned but now have a groove in pad and rotor.
most likely a rock got kicked up in there and either wore a groove in the rotor or chunked off a piece of the pad and that wore the groove. I had something like this happen in a daily driver chevy Malibu . It was making a noise and I noticed the groove in the rotor. Over time the groove will go away.

Are those z26 pads. I have the z26 but the pad backing doesn’t say 1le in the back

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 03-18-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:01 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

The same thing happened to me on my drivers side rear. I'm guessing it was a pebble or something.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:13 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo

most likely a rock got kicked up in there and either wore a groove in the rotor or chunked off a piece of the pad and that wore the groove. I had something like this happen in a daily driver chevy Malibu . It was making a noise and I noticed the groove in the rotor. Over time the groove will go away.

Are those z26 pads. I have the z26 but the pad backing doesn’t say 1le in the back
One of my stock pads did that much worse. I have the powerstops on 2 cars with no issues. When I did an issue it was the stock pad.
The following users liked this post:
Poolguy69 (04-11-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Powerstop brakes. Problem

Quick Reply: Powerstop brakes. Problem