C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Video: Dealing with PDR Start/Finish Lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 02:40 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Default Video: Dealing with PDR Start/Finish Lines

For my latest video on using PDR data and Pi Toolbox I decided to deal with the most frustrating part of using PDR for data analysis - mismatched start/finish lines. I covered how to reuse finish line definitions, lining up videos with different finish lines, and how Pi toolbox v9 makes this easier.

I hope folks find this useful and subscribe if you like it.

The following 3 users liked this post by Poor-sha:
djyankees31 (04-08-2018), Mordeth (04-08-2018), Z06Norway (05-15-2019)
Old 04-07-2018, 06:59 PM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
For my latest video on using PDR data and Pi Toolbox I decided to deal with the most frustrating part of using PDR for data analysis - mismatched start/finish lines. I covered how to reuse finish line definitions, lining up videos with different finish lines, and how Pi toolbox v9 makes this easier.

https://youtu.be/l18R8xS5f1M
That was very helpful - thanks!
Old 04-07-2018, 10:42 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Excellent info!!

For anybody who has a start/finish line .map.gpx file for a track, take a look at the thread linked below.

Poor-sha started that thread so we can develop a library of S/F line files, and if you look through the thread there are about a half dozen files in that thread now, so look to see if you have a file for a track or configuration that isn't already posted, and if so post it up!!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...px-thread.html

The following users liked this post:
Poor-sha (04-08-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 03:10 PM
jloZ06
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

so i could get an sd card for each track and it would automatically pick it up when at that location?
Old 04-09-2018, 02:23 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by jloZ06
so i could get an sd card for each track and it would automatically pick it up when at that location?
You need to save the map file for each of the tracks to the specific SD card for that track. Then you are golden. This gets around some issues that I had when going to a new track. The first time I went to CMP it took me several sessions to get the location for the S/F line to record on the SD card. One session I had a map that turned out to be a series of lines that looked similar to the actual track map but offset on each lap so over the space of 20 minutes the thing became a blur of offset lap images.

Bill
Old 05-15-2019, 10:26 AM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 145 Posts

https://youtu.be/l18R8xS5f1M

A Q

How about tracks with start/finish line thats not same spot... ie. Nurburgring BTG ?
How can i set different start and stop for that track and others as well ?

tia
Old 05-15-2019, 10:35 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Norway
A Q

How about tracks with start/finish line thats not same spot... ie. Nurburgring BTG ?
How can i set different start and stop for that track and others as well ?

tia
There's no great way to do that. What I would suggest is to define either as start/finish. Then in Pi Toolbox you can edit the map to create a segment split for the area that is the area that is between start/finish. Then you can look at the lap times and subtract that segment time to arrive at the true lap.
The following users liked this post:
Z06Norway (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 10:57 AM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 145 Posts

There's no great way to do that. What I would suggest is to define either as start/finish. Then in Pi Toolbox you can edit the map to create a segment split for the area that is the area that is between start/finish. Then you can look at the lap times and subtract that segment time to arrive at the true lap.
Thanks, that was a bummer
Have done this for years on iPhone and Harrys Laptimer....

Someone should tell GM That Nurburgring exist and 95% of time we do BTG and not full laps...
Come to think of it, there is never a real full lap..... manufactory full lap is still missing T13 (around 240 feet)
Old 05-15-2019, 12:39 PM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Thanks, I was subscribed. Your explanation may explain the start finish problem I had on my last outing. I had two map files on the SD Card.

Get notified of new replies

To Video: Dealing with PDR Start/Finish Lines

Quick Reply: Video: Dealing with PDR Start/Finish Lines