C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Just went back to stock TB (and stick-en to it) after weeks of mod. TB testing.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 02:10 AM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Default Just went back to stock TB (and stick-en to it) after weeks of mod. TB testing.

I have an A8. A ported throttle body gives you more off idle response with less pedal than stock. If I had a M7 I would leave it on however an A8 usually does not have stalling, etc. problems taking off from an idle. If you want to take off faster just give it more throttle.

I feel that the more response (air) with less pedal may mess with the stock tune/transmission over time which 'may' not be beneficial for the automatic transmission so I re-installed the stock tb tonight.

I maybe wrong (missed it) but I don't think that the 'stock' C7/Z06 record set with an A8 has been bettered by a stocker running a ported tb yet, and it has been awhile since the stock record was set.

My ported tb experience at the track when going instantly from "Zero to Hero" on the throttle from the light has been no improvement in the 60' or the 1/4 mile compared to the stocker.

Below is a pic of the ported tb (which is a combination of aftermarket with additional self porting) and the stocker which is now back on the car.

Looking down the barrel of the ported TB.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 06-19-2018 at 03:58 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:55 AM
saleen556
Le Mans Master

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,193 Posts

I would agree as I see little point of a ported TB on a stock auto car. The TB works great for us M7 guys though.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:19 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by saleen556
I would agree as I see little point of a ported TB on a stock auto car. The TB works great for us M7 guys though.
I agree! Mine has the off idle bog even after a tune. Adding the PTB
helps the bog to the point where it is no concern.

Then this dyno graph of a PTB with no other changes, this along with fact of 100 more CFM of Airflow.
The A8 doesn't deal with issue. My A8 has no off idle bog with the stock unit.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:12 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
I agree! Mine has the off idle bog even after a tune. Adding the PTB
helps the bog to the point where it is no concern.

Then this dyno graph of a PTB with no other changes, this along with fact of 100 more CFM of Airflow.
The A8 doesn't deal with issue. My A8 has no off idle bog with the stock unit.
Looking at your ported TB do you think that it may be possible that the one I have been testing may flow the same numbers or what?

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 06-22-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:45 PM
The T-man
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

That dyno sheet is from a Mamo
and anytime you can get more HP/TQ from such an easy bolt on, there are no downsides
the idea that it 'may' not be beneficial for the automatic transmission" if vague, there is no reason to NOT run one
the one you show is Katech btw...
and FWIW I run a Mamo w/ A8 and it's a noticeable improvement

if you 60ft. time aren't showing it, are you positive same track./weather conditons etc?
Old 06-20-2018, 05:28 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Default Dyno results, etc.

There are always variables to consider.
Examples:
DiabloSport when working up a tune for the C7/Z06 put the car on the dyno cold and the very next pull it dropped 50 HP when warned up; so the time it takes to break the various things down/install a ported tb and then to re-dyno the car may of had an influence on the HP output OR not?
BMS designed/sells a very good air filter for the stock C7 air box that flows very well, but also tried a larger one that flowed more CFMs and found that it made no more HP because the modified LT4 could not use the extra flow capabilities with the amount of HP it was making.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 06-21-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:34 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Mine has the off idle bog even after a tune.
not all tunes are created equal. sounds like yours is sub par?
Old 06-20-2018, 09:58 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
Troll alert! Sorry not biting on this one, You never heard my tune so how would you know! Stopped caring about your subpar opinions and comments moons ago!
You start can in how the PTB's are all placebo effect and your other misinformed comments about Corvette's. Many know better!
Old 06-20-2018, 10:26 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Troll alert! Sorry not biting on this one, You never heard my tune so how would you know! Stopped caring about your subpar opinions and comments moons ago!
You start can in how the PTB's are all placebo effect and your other misinformed comments about Corvette's. Many know better!
no need to be mean about it, unless it's just insecurity. I was only asking.....
Old 06-21-2018, 02:05 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Really? Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds more like you were cutting down my tuner saying the tune sounds sub par? Like what in the tune fixes 650 rpm the bog to 750 RPM? I am waiting???

Then now I don't have to be mean? After hearing more nonsense? After my other here experience with your nonsense?

Old 06-21-2018, 06:20 AM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Really? Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds more like you were cutting down my tuner saying the tune sounds sub par? Like what in the tune fixes 650 rpm the bog to 750 RPM? I am waiting???

Then now I don't have to be mean? After hearing more nonsense? After my other here experience with your nonsense?
the mean girls are at it again- what Higgs meant was your tuner was not wearing the appropriate fashion watch when he did the tune on your car. He was wearing a Tag heuer when he should have been wearing a Rolex.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:36 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

driver demand, spark, and cam timing. very simple fix.

650 to 750? really though....lol come on man you are having a 100 RPM bog issue? that's not the throttle hesitation. you should search my name and key words related to the topic and you will find it has been discussed many times, screen shots illustrating problem areas, etc etc.

that's why I find it so amusing you argue some of your points, all the proof has been well discussed and results are documented. I say this with the utmost respect so don't take it as an insult or argument, you are not a teacher, you are a student and there is nothing wrong with that. open your eyes and ask yourself why people respond to you in the way they do. no one here really knows you (maybe a few people), only what you post. all opinions about you are derived only from your keyboard. if you type incoherent words and sentences (although you have been getting better about making intelligible sentences) or post flat earth information in a round world people will not want to "be around you" but no one can really kick you off the forum so we can either block your posts or not and many choose not to because train wreck.

you read, you listen to your tuner (blindly I might add) and seem to form some hard opinion without really having all of the information. maybe your tuner IS wrong about some things. maybe your blower DOES suck. you have to understand, no one REALLY cares who you are, what you do, what blower you run, how many Z06s you have (in fact many people might think its bonehead stupid to have two Z06s), or any of the other material things you have built up your identity around. this is another point of distaste with you for people here.

I want to help you and I want you to get along with everyone. please with an open mind and no guard I ask you to accept this free advice, don't ever make another post about having two Z's and don't ever try to justify your 2.3 blower as being the "best choice." people generally don't agree with your opinions. post all the facts you want but be prepared to need to defend them if they come into question, that's just a discussion not a personal attack on you. remember, no one knows or cares who you are, it CAN'T be personal. be rational in your discussion and no one will troll you or spin you up any more. many people are like me, when we see nonsense we want to step on it like a bug....many others will let the bug carry on about it's business, but still notice. just stop being the bug and it won't matter.
The following 2 users liked this post by Higgs Boson:
Mike Jesse (06-22-2018), The Yav (06-24-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 09:04 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

650 to 750? really though....lol come on man you are having a 100 RPM bog issue? that's not the throttle hesitation. you should search my name and key words related to the topic and you will find it has been discussed many times, screen shots illustrating problem areas, etc etc.

that's why I find it so amusing you argue some of your points, all the proof has been well discussed and results are documented. I say this with the utmost respect so don't take it as an insult or argument, you are not a teacher, you are a student and there is nothing wrong with that. open your eyes and ask yourself why people respond to you in the way they do. no one here really knows you (maybe a few people), only what you post. all opinions about you are derived only from your keyboard. if you type incoherent words and sentences (although you have been getting better about making intelligible sentences) or post flat earth information in a round world people will not want to "be around you" but no one can really kick you off the forum so we can either block your posts or not and many choose not to because train wreck.

you read, you listen to your tuner (blindly I might add) and seem to form some hard opinion without really having all of the information. maybe your tuner IS wrong about some things. maybe your blower DOES suck. you have to understand, no one REALLY cares who you are, what you do, what blower you run, how many Z06s you have (in fact many people might think its bonehead stupid to have two Z06s), or any of the other material things you have built up your identity around. this is another point of distaste with you for people here.

I want to help you and I want you to get along with everyone. please with an open mind and no guard I ask you to accept this free advice, don't ever make another post about having two Z's and don't ever try to justify your 2.3 blower as being the "best choice." people generally don't agree with your opinions. post all the facts you want but be prepared to need to defend them if they come into question, that's just a discussion not a personal attack on you. remember, no one knows or cares who you are, it CAN'T be personal. be rational in your discussion and no one will troll you or spin you up any more. many people are like me, when we see nonsense we want to step on it like a bug....many others will let the bug carry on about it's business, but still notice. just stop being the bug and it won't matter.
You do assume a lot! Don't want or need anything you have to offer.
You trolled in here with the first post crack about my tuner who can run circles around you on a corvette. Then feel free to just keep your two cents as The 2.3 is the best add on blower for running off the stock fuel system for the lt4 as well! You should learn to stop opening your bazoo about the 2.3 and PTB's and other things you know nothing about. You have no problem being disrespectful to others. I always try to be civil and help full to every poster nice till they go out there way to be a jerk like you. Your the one with not many friends here.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:26 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

You do assume a lot! Don't want or need anything you have to offer.
You trolled in here with the first post crack about my tuner who can run circles around you on a corvette. Then feel free to just keep your two cents as The 2.3 is the best add on blower for running off the stock fuel system for the lt4 as well! You should learn to stop opening your bazoo about the 2.3 and PTB's and other things you know nothing about. You have no problem being disrespectful to others. I always try to be civil and help full to every poster nice till they go out there way to be a jerk like you. Your the one with not many friends here.
i guess we all do know the real you then. good luck.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:58 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C7/Z06 Man
I have an A8. A ported throttle body gives you more off idle response with less pedal than stock. If I had a M7 I would leave it on however an A8 usually does not have stalling, etc. problems taking off from an idle. If you want to take off faster just give it more throttle.

I feel that the more response (air) with less pedal may mess with the stock tune/transmission over time which 'may' not be beneficial for the automatic transmission so I re-installed the stock tb tonight.

I maybe wrong (missed it) but I don't think that the 'stock' C7/Z06 record set with an A8 has been bettered by a stocker running a ported tb yet, and it has been awhile since the stock record was set.

My ported tb experience at the track when going instantly from "Zero to Hero" on the throttle from the light has been no improvement in the 60' or the 1/4 mile compared to the stocker.

Below is a pic of the ported tb (which is a combination of aftermarket with additional self porting) and the stocker which is now back on the car.

Looking down the barrel of the ported TB.

I have an extra TB laying around. If I thought I could port mine as well as yours turned out I would do it! Nice job!
Old 06-21-2018, 12:39 PM
M M Alexander
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts

By God - you've created the post of the YEAR!
You have won the internet for today.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:40 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Higgs, you gave me this advice a while ago and I’ll give it back to you... don’t waste your time with this. It’s not worth the energy.
The following 2 users liked this post by 383vett:
Mike Jesse (06-22-2018), SUB VETTE (06-21-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Just went back to stock TB (and stick-en to it) after weeks of mod. TB testing.

Quick Reply: Just went back to stock TB (and stick-en to it) after weeks of mod. TB testing.