C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 Z06 A8 Transmission removal procedure

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 08:33 PM
mrobin12
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default C7 Z06 A8 Transmission removal procedure

Does anyone have access to the GM repair manual for the C7 Z06? My 2016 M.Y. auto has been to two local dealers now and has all the symptoms that indicate the torque convertor needs to be replaced but both dealers say everything is fine. Not many vettes sold in SW Ontario Canada and I dont trust a tech who has never done this to tackle it with an impact gun pit crew style. At this point I am willing to take this on myself out of sheer frustration with the dealer network. I’m fully capable of handling it myself and have a hoist, tools, etc., mainly looking for the reference docs to see what special tools may be required. The updated convertor p/n looks to be around $400 based on a quick web search, I’m willing to just pay for it outright and write off a weekend to get the car running properly. Anyone tackle this project themselves yet?

Appreciate any info.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:21 PM
Brad Alexander
Heel & Toe

Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

I too have questions but I have no luck with any help here on removing trans.

Last edited by Brad Alexander; 07-16-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:30 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,763 Likes on 3,178 Posts

There's a tsb with the procedure that will easily tell them the proper course of action.

Find a dealer with competent techs and youll have zero issues.

Uldated fluid as of january 2019 and if that doesnt cure ut they'll change the TC.

If not? Being it down here to NJ and my dealer will fix it. Seacoast Chevrolet. They have the best vette tech kn the east coast..
Old 07-16-2019, 05:04 PM
dar02081961
Melting Slicks

Received 845 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by mrobin12
Does anyone have access to the GM repair manual for the C7 Z06? My 2016 M.Y. auto has been to two local dealers now and has all the symptoms that indicate the torque convertor needs to be replaced but both dealers say everything is fine. Not many vettes sold in SW Ontario Canada and I dont trust a tech who has never done this to tackle it with an impact gun pit crew style. At this point I am willing to take this on myself out of sheer frustration with the dealer network. I’m fully capable of handling it myself and have a hoist, tools, etc., mainly looking for the reference docs to see what special tools may be required. The updated convertor p/n looks to be around $400 based on a quick web search, I’m willing to just pay for it outright and write off a weekend to get the car running properly. Anyone tackle this project themselves yet?

Appreciate any info.
Hoist? or Lift? You will need a lift or a way to get the car as high as possible and at least one decent transmission jack capable of safely supporting the transmission, the rear end and the torque tube as they are lowered as an assembly. Goggle the C5 or C6 transmission replacement procedure. I believe the C7 procedure is very similar although I personally haven't done a C7 yet.

(2 transmission jacks are needed if you intend to remove the transmission from the torque tube without removing or disconnecting the torque tube from the engine).

Last edited by dar02081961; 07-16-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z06 A8 Transmission removal procedure

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 A8 Transmission removal procedure