C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

MUST WATCH: DSC Sport Controller Video - C7 Z06 Owner (Previously with MRC Update)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Received 212 Likes on 128 Posts
Default MUST WATCH: DSC Sport Controller Video - C7 Z06 Owner (Previously with MRC Update)

All,

This video just went live on the DSC Sport Youtube channel. This video captures the differences in experience following the DSC Sport Alignment + DSC Sport Module. This C7 Z06 previously also had the MRC Update.

Enjoy!

The following 4 users liked this post by Checkmate1:
DSCsport (07-11-2018), likeaboss (07-14-2018), Panth3r (12-28-2021), rikhek (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 12:29 PM
mjross
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 129 Posts

So, these cars from the factory are set up all wrong. Do the Chevy engineers know this? Question! I do not track the car or perform any other race type functions. However, I may put my foot in it on very rare occasions. Should I be concerned? I just have a hard time understanding all of the issues with these cars that give you the impression that the Chevy engineers are incompetent. As I read through the forum I get the- Chevy should have done this or they did this wrong, sheez. Surely, the Chevy engineers that designed the car have got to have a better grip on the car than some of the posts on this forum lead you to believe. So these after market guys know more about the car than the engineers that designed it!

Last edited by mjross; 07-11-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:49 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

GM did a fabulous job designing a world class chassis. The problem is they come out of the factory with TERRIBLE, EMBARRASSING non-symmetrical alignments. Additionally, GM did not spend the money or time capitalizing on what the magnetorheological shocks have to offer when you utilize the NUMEROUS available data points as DSC did with their controller.

DSC has developed what is basically an active suspension which completely transforms the handling characteristics of the car. DSC realized GM did not take advantage of what was possible and provided it to us. I believe GM realized they dropped the ball but that ship had already sailed. To try and make up for their shortcomings they revised the OEM calibration tables. Apples and oranges when compared to the DSC controller. Revised table DO NOT offer what is available from DSC.
The following 3 users liked this post by rikhek:
Checkmate1 (07-11-2018), DSCsport (07-11-2018), thebishman (07-12-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 02:38 PM
Trackhawkz06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine came in the mail yesterday! Super excited!
Old 07-11-2018, 02:49 PM
mjross
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
GM did a fabulous job designing a world class chassis. The problem is they come out of the factory with TERRIBLE, EMBARRASSING non-symmetrical alignments. Additionally, GM did not spend the money or time capitalizing on what the magnetorheological shocks have to offer when you utilize the NUMEROUS available data points as DSC did with their controller.

DSC has developed what is basically an active suspension which completely transforms the handling characteristics of the car. DSC realized GM did not take advantage of what was possible and provided it to us. I believe GM realized they dropped the ball but that ship had already sailed. To try and make up for their shortcomings they revised the OEM calibration tables. Apples and oranges when compared to the DSC controller. Revised table DO NOT offer what is available from DSC.
Then why would anyone spend the $350 dollars GM is asking. Sounds like they screwed up on that too. Or, are you saying you need to do both. If so, I would say Chevy F’ed up pretty bad. Makes it sound like the car is not safe or something.

What is DSC asking for the correction?
Old 07-11-2018, 03:39 PM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Save your money and just get the DSC Module and do the DSC Alignment.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:24 PM
atljar
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by mjross

Then why would anyone spend the $350 dollars GM is asking. Sounds like they screwed up on that too. Or, are you saying you need to do both. If so, I would say Chevy F’ed up pretty bad. Makes it sound like the car is not safe or something.

You cant do both. The DSC is a complete replacement module which turns the passive shocks into active shocks, and is fully able to be customized/fine tuned by the end user if wanted. In addition, there are other nice things like a launch mode incorporated into the DSC unit. There are a couple 500+ post threads on it that I encourage you to search for and read. It was the first mod I did to mine, and well worth the money IMO

Last edited by atljar; 07-11-2018 at 05:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by atljar:
Checkmate1 (07-11-2018), DSC Sport (07-20-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 08:36 PM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by atljar
You cant do both. The DSC is a complete replacement module which turns the passive shocks into active shocks, and is fully able to be customized/fine tuned by the end user if wanted. In addition, there are other nice things like a launch mode incorporated into the DSC unit. There are a couple 500+ post threads on it that I encourage you to search for and read. It was the first mod I did to mine, and well worth the money IMO
Agreed. Knowing what I know now - I wish I hadn't wasted $350 on the MRC Update. Oh well, you live and learn.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:02 PM
deplorable01
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Show me the data. DCS vs GM cal. Who has got data?

To truely appriciate capability of the car u have to take it to the track and push it really hard. This guy is driving it regularly on the street and he is blown away. To me this is all subjective until I see data.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:11 PM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by deplorable01

To truely appriciate capability of the car u have to take it to the track and push it really hard. This guy is driving it regularly on the street and he is blown away. To me this is all subjective until I see data.
I will be hitting Summit Point Main again in September. My last track day was a few months ago. I will report back with the data. There are plenty of other members like HiPo that have the data.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:23 AM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by deplorable01

Can't understand why you expect others to do a Search for you to answer your question. MANY, MANY, MANY threads available if you take the time to do some work and research your own question. Quantitative data is voluminous if you put in some effort. The forum fast guys took lots of time, myself included to provide the data you want to see.

We already spent a lot of time writing it up, least you can do is use the Search feature to find it.
The following users liked this post:
Mike.D (07-13-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 11:24 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Checkmate1
All,

This video just went live on the DSC Sport Youtube channel. This video captures the differences in experience following the DSC Sport Alignment + DSC Sport Module. This C7 Z06 previously also had the MRC Update.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/oGBTrzz0Bm4
Wow great video it is that transformative the DSCsport controller just lets you max the grip by leaving the low speed damping so soft its really the opposite of stock rather than get stiff and blowing the tire off. You have to drive it to experience it. The only way to make the car better is to add our Tractive dampers that feature a full range shimmed piston. So you get all the benefit of a race damper and an MRC damper
Old 07-12-2018, 04:17 PM
Zidane
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Very interesting....this might have to be my next mod.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:48 AM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zidane
Very interesting....this might have to be my next mod.
It is the best mod you can do for the Z06.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:49 AM
Trackhawkz06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Checkmate1
Save your money and just get the DSC Module and do the DSC Alignment.
Driving down to MD on tuesday!
DSCsport (07-15-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 03:38 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Wow great video it is that transformative the DSCsport controller just lets you max the grip by leaving the low speed damping so soft its really the opposite of stock rather than get stiff and blowing the tire off. You have to drive it to experience it. The only way to make the car better is to add our Tractive dampers that feature a full range shimmed piston. So you get all the benefit of a race damper and an MRC damper
I really noticed this in warmer weather when the tire is gripping more. Getting great traction with the stock PSS ZP's with the DSC installed.

Plus the smoother tour setting is real nice on horrible roads.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:04 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by mjross

Honestly being a programmer myself of 20 years one would think DATA is the issue. Now they have YEARS of data, not just the initial test data before releasing the first calibration. It's no different than taking data input from the DSC and over time improving it. That's all GM did. In fact, I just did the new suspension program (they gave it to me for free my dealer likes me I guess, perks of living in the country), and I can say it's night and day difference, especially for hard braking. Zero nosedive. Much better rebound and even compression improvements in daily driving and spirited. So it's much improved. The DSC controller is great for those track addicts that want complete control. Hopefully, the initial issues from those who I know have had them are worked out. I may even consider one soon.

Get notified of new replies

To MUST WATCH: DSC Sport Controller Video - C7 Z06 Owner (Previously with MRC Update)

Old 07-13-2018, 08:28 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 958 Likes on 621 Posts

'16 M7 Z. Not one who tracks but do drive very hard thru curves & accelerate hard up to 100 mph at times. I had the DSC Street/Occasional Track alignment done & WOW! The HUGE difference in being able to put the power down & maintain dead straight pulls is an incredible improvement. I got scared many times trying to do the full power pulls/shifts from a stop till got the alignment. I would start there first before deciding if you need more control thru either GM MRSC or DSC control box. JMO PS: FULL DISCLOSURE, I also did the MRSC after getting 4 new MPSS (worn to cords inside edges on frt. tires) & alignment.

Last edited by madrob2020; 07-13-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:44 PM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

I went for a drive last night. The DSC setup is awesome!
DSCsport (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 11:54 AM
DSCsport
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For anyone who wants to install a DSCsport suspension module on their C7. We made a quick video showing you step by step how to do it. We hope this will help.

Quick Reply: MUST WATCH: DSC Sport Controller Video - C7 Z06 Owner (Previously with MRC Update)