Noise from rear left wheel - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise from rear left wheel

Old 07-14-2018, 12:07 AM
Takoyaki
CF Senior Member

Default Noise from rear left wheel

Hello,

The weather was so nice today, I took the top off and went for a cruise around town before going to a grocery store.

I realized that at low speed, I hear a noise from passenger side rear wheel. The noise stops as the wheel stops rotating, the frequency of the noise goes up as I speed up. The sound is consistent even when I step on the brake. It almost sounds like the brake dust shield is hitting the rotor but I'm not even sure if this car has one. No noise when I go in reverse. I didn't see any damage on the CCB from outside yet.

I just swapped out the tires to stock wheels after running autox and torqued the wheel to 100ft-lb. I'll take off the wheel and check tomorrow but does anyone have any experience with something like that?

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: