C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Buying a 'new' 2017 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 05:51 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Parcival

I’m too lazy to go back and look at his details but from what i recall, the OP’s deal is the best I’ve seen.
he got a great deal, 33g off.

Originally Posted by hubris140
Yup, got a deal on the car itself but nothing eyepopping on financing. You win some you lose some I guess.
By no means am I saying I got a better deal than you. At best, maybe an almost EQUAL deal for my specific situation, since I would NOT have qualified for the 3.xx percent rate that you are getting since i have too many open auto loans, i would have been at 13.xx instead. But for anyone else, your deal blew mine away assuming they could achieve 9 percent or less.

you by far have the best deal I have seen to date on a new or used c7z. And I'm not just saying that.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-19-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Also, i was driving the other day, and a person with a black grand sport on the hiway behind me, got gas at the same station that I did, and we got to chatting. I told him who I am on the forum and that im the guy in the middle of half the fights he knew who i was and we had a good laugh, anyway, he informed me that he signed up for the corvette museum membership which only lasts for 1 year per fee...

And he was saying THAT ALONE got him 6 grand off in secret rebate money.

I dont know about you guys, but im going to roll the dice and sign up for that one before I ever buy another vette. He said it stacked on top of all the other incentives.

Which means I would have gotten about 30g off, and the OP would have gotten 39g off. Hello!

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-19-2018 at 06:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Null Pointer (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 06:55 PM
Renaldo Dorsey
6th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default That would be me

Hey gang, that would be me MikeC7z is referring to. Prior to purchasing my 1st Vette and debating on picking her up at the museum, I read the membership perks. When I saw GM dealer discount, I rolled the dice and signed up for $100 (me and spouse). Six months later, I pulled the trigger, negotiated $15g's off then gave him the code. The finance guy asked me a couple of times where I got the code from (I told him) then asked why. Stated he had never seen one that high $6g. We went back and forth and eventually he succumbed to adding it on top of the prenegotiated price, giving me $21g's off.

And yes, I recommend joining the corvette museum prior to your next Vette (or GM) purchase, it is well worth it.

MikeC7z, again, thanks for the ride.

Last edited by Renaldo Dorsey; 08-19-2018 at 07:02 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Renaldo Dorsey:
Mikec7z (08-19-2018), Null Pointer (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 07:57 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Renaldo Dorsey

MikeC7z, again, thanks for the ride.
we made good time, ill see if i can find the photos If you have any, DO NOT put up any of my plate please Black that s*** out

Props for keeping up, most would not have for that long of a distance at 100+, and in the rain at times as well, I was feeling bad in some of those curves on the WV turnpike, cringing, saying "man I hope he does not wreck his brand new car trying to follow me, but i got places to be" You drove VERY well my man. Be careful in the rain tho, these cars suck when they hit a good puddle.

This is a good man folks. Love your ride Renaldo, perfect color Thanks for the museum tip

The others are on my PDR screen, which shows the speed, so they wont be going up here. North Carolina to Ohio in just a few hours.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-19-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Null Pointer (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 08:11 PM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 506 Likes on 333 Posts

Yup, got a deal on the car itself but nothing eyepopping on financing. You win some you lose some I guess.
Still, you got an incredible deal. I was looking at Z06's, new and used 2017 plus, all through May and June within 500 miles and I never saw anything close to your deal, not even on used.
Refi the loan through a credit union and you will be even more ahead of the game. Congrats again.
Mikec7z (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 08:37 PM
N05man
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my 2017 Z06 sight unseen in person from a dealership in Minnesota and I reside in Charleston S.C. I was a little concerned but my salesperson sent me every shred of documentation on the car and also made me a personalized video of the interior and exterior. That’s what sold it to me. Z only had 1120 miles on it. I had it delivered after we did the paperwork via overnight UPS. I used a transporter with an enclosed hauler to deliver my Z and took another video of the delivery. Z is in pristine condition inside and out. I immediately had it checked out at my Chevrolet dealership where they specialize in Vettes. Everything came back great and all I’ve done is tint the windows with 3M Crystalline ceramic tint. It’s been a great experience. Go for it!!! You won’t regret it!
Mikec7z (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 08:41 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by N05man

I bought my 2017 Z06 sight unseen in person from a dealership in Minnesota and I reside in Charleston S.C. I was a little concerned but my salesperson sent me every shred of documentation on the car and also made me a personalized video of the interior and exterior. That’s what sold it to me. Z only had 1120 miles on it. I had it delivered after we did the paperwork via overnight UPS. I used a transporter with an enclosed hauler to deliver my Z and took another video of the delivery. Z is in pristine condition inside and out. I immediately had it checked out at my Chevrolet dealership where they specialize in Vettes. Everything came back great and all I’ve done is tint the windows with 3M Crystalline ceramic tint. It’s been a great experience. Go for it!!! You won’t regret it!
If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay ballpark? Is it certified? What trim level is the car? Looks great... perfect color, altho i would go with the OP color as well in a heartbeat.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:48 PM
N05man
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay ballpark? Is it certified? What trim level is the car? Looks great... perfect color, altho i would go with the OP color as well in a heartbeat.
yes it is CPO and it’s a 1LZ. With HUD, PDR and navigation $67k
Mikec7z (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 08:51 PM
Renaldo Dorsey
6th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Mikec7z;1597824207]we made good time, ill see if i can find the photos If you have any, DO NOT put up any of my plate please Black that s*** out

No worries on the tag, at 100+ my focus was on not wrecking my ride, not on taking photos. 😂 I was having the same thoughts about you and your ride too.

No photos on my side and I didn't think to turn on my PDR. Share the other photos when you can. 🍻
Mikec7z (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 08:52 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

that cpo comes in handy later if you never mod the car. Get a BMS air filter, or an afe/haltech, and call it a day, good buy. How far did the powertrain and bumper to bumper get taken out on that year vehicle? (people dont realize the cpo warranties change per what year the vehicle is on GM cars)
Old 08-19-2018, 08:55 PM
N05man
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
that cpo comes in handy later if you never mod the car. Get a BMS air filter, or an afe/haltech, and call it a day, good buy. How far did the powertrain and bumper to bumper get taken out on that year vehicle? (people dont realize the cpo warranties change per what year the vehicle is on GM cars)
I’m not sure and I’m not sure how to find out but I am planning on the BMS air filter and possibly a range device
Old 08-19-2018, 08:56 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Renaldo Dorsey

No worries on the tag, at 100+ my focus was on not wrecking my ride, not on taking photos. �� I was having the same thoughts about you and your ride too.

No photos on my side and I didn't think to turn on my PDR. Share the other photos when you can. ��
like i told you on the phone that day, the only thing i was scared of is how fast i lock my brakes when i spot a cop, and you being behind me, dont want to take us both out... but you did perfect the one time i did spot one, so... Maverick you can be my wingman anytime. (Cue the corny 80's anthem)

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-19-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:00 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

I’m not sure and I’m not sure how to find out but I am planning on the BMS air filter and possibly a range device
call the dealer, pin them down that you want the solid answer... they should be able to supply it. This is something to get figured out asap, because sometimes the idiots sign up customers on the WRONG ONE and GM wont honor it... so make sure its all high and tight now instead of get burned later. They should have given you a CPO folder, if not, have them send it to you asap. They have to register it on their end when they activate the onstar, make sure they did it. Its a very big deal later.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-19-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:29 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

The rates I got from the dealer running the app were - 7% from GM and 5.95% from US bank for 72 months. Went with dealer's recommendation on US bank to lock down the car without adding additional headaches during the purchase process. My credit is pretty good - 800ish on FICO score and ~ 780s from Transunion.

Refinanced before the first payment was due via Penfed for 3.49% / 60 months. Still a far cry from the 1.9% I got about 5 years ago on my C6 but times change I guess.
just an update I refinanced at 1.99% which the credit union in California told me was their “floor” rate
Old 09-14-2018, 05:38 PM
hubris140
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

just an update I refinanced at 1.99% which the credit union in California told me was their “floor” rate
This is a screaming deal! Would you mind messaging me the details of your credit union? I'm located in Norcal.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:49 PM
StingBeeZ06
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

That is a gorgeous looking Z ! I love my 2016. Just remember the golden rule, when you are in Sport or Track and want to floor it.....make sure it is pointed in a straight line first !
Enjoy!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2018, 11:50 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

This is a screaming deal! Would you mind messaging me the details of your credit union? I'm located in Norcal.
just PMed u
Old 09-15-2018, 04:26 PM
hubris140
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

just PMed u
Thanks, I’ll call them first thing Monday.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:10 AM
hammer2006
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bought my car out of state only hang was the sales manager wanted a check from the Credit Union before releasing the car. after getting the title clerk in on deal it went smooth.
Paint peeling issue. but local dealership handled no problem be sure and look into the Ron Fellows driving school. I went and had a BLAST

Quick Reply: Buying a 'new' 2017 Z06