C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Kong Performance CNC Ported LT4 Superchargers being put to the test...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 12:02 AM
Greg@KongPerformance
Supporting Vendor

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Kong Performance CNC Ported LT4 Superchargers being put to the test...

We have been hard at work dialing in our porting programs on the LT4 supercharger over the past 6-8 months and are very happy with the results that we have been seeing all across the country! Depending on other mods, 30-65 rwhp gain throughout the entire power curve from porting the Supercharger and Snout only! A 103mm throttle body typically adds another 10-15rwhp on top of that. During our own initial testing, we saw these same gains, but wanted to let some other shops test and confirm before making any "claims".

Our programs were created by digitizing our hand ported LT4 supercharger and snout on our 5 axis CNC. We then took that data and further refine it with our proprietary porting software to ensure it is perfect every time. Needless to say, we have been thrilled with the results our customers have been seeing.

Right now we are working at a 3-7 business day turn around on LT4 ported superchargers. The superchargers we support can be seen right here on our website. ---> https://kongperform.com/collections/...9-applications

Every supercharger is sent home in a custom made, double wall box with a 2 piece molded foam insert to ensure proper cushioning on all sides. A lot of customers typically do not have the correct size and strength boxes on hand to pack these properly, which can be a hassle. So we also have an option for $50 to send one out an empty shpping conatiner in advacne as well if needed. Once it arrives, you can simply open it up, drop the blower in, and seal it back up again. It makes packing the supercharger an absolute breeze!

Removing an LT4 supercharger is pretty straight forward and is about a 20 minute job with basic hand tools. If pulling the blower off the car is not something you feel comfortable doing, we have shops who are dealers for our porting service all over the country. So having a shop send your supercharger in to us is also an option. (Dealer Pricing is available for shops) Email for more info on that.

All sizes of Griptec Pulleys and hubs are always in stock, so a 2.31", 2.25", or 2.175" Griptec hub and pulley can be installed while it is here. Installation of the hub is no extra charge.

Nick Williams 103mm throttle bodies are a popular choice to match up with our port, so we can them in stock as well in both polished and anodized black.

I am sure some of you guys may have more questions and I would be glad to answer them either in the comments below or via email where you can reach me at kongperform@gmail.com

Thank you!
Greg K.
-Kong Performance

Before: BONE STOCK LT4 ZL1
Vs.
After: Kong CNC Ported Snout/Supercharger (Stock unported throttle body)
(Independently Tested by Complete Street Performance in West Chester, PA)

Before: Pulley / Intake 2016 C7Z06
Vs.
After: Added Kong CNC Ported Snout/Supercharger
(Independently Tested by Izzy Performance in California)

Last edited by Greg@KongPerformance; 05-08-2019 at 10:18 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Greg@KongPerformance:
Evan Sanza (01-13-2022), Mikec7z (05-05-2019)
Old 08-17-2018, 01:26 AM
mr056
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg@KongPerformance
We have been hard at work dialing in our porting programs on the LT4 supercharger over the past 6-8 months and are very happy with the results that we have been seeing all across the country! +30-40 rwhp throughout the entire power curve from porting the Supercharger and Snout only on bone stock LT4 cars! A 103mm throttle body typically adds another 10-15rwhp on top of that. During our own initial testing, we saw these same gains, but wanted to let some other shops test and confirm before making any "claims".

Our programs were created by digitizing our hand ported LT4 supercharger and snout on our 5 axis CNC. We then took that data and further refine it with our proprietary porting software to ensure it is as close to perfect as possible. Needless to say, we have been thrilled with the results our customers have been seeing.

Right now we are working at a 3-7 business day turn around on LT4 ported superchargers. The superchargers we support can be seen right here on our website. ---> https://kongperform.com/collections/...9-applications

Every supercharger is sent home in a custom made, double wall box with a 2 piece molded foam insert to ensure proper cushioning on all sides. A lot of customers typically do not have the correct size and strength boxes on hand to pack these properly, which can be a hassle. So we also have an option for $50 to send one out an empty shpping conatiner in advacne as well if needed. Once it arrives, you can simply open it up, drop the blower in, and seal it back up again. It makes packing the supercharger an absolute breeze!

Removing an LT4 supercharger is pretty straight forward and is about a 20 minute job with basic hand tools. If pulling the blower off the car is not something you feel comfortable doing, we have shops who are dealers for our porting service all over the country. So having a shop send your supercharger in to us is also an option. (Dealer Pricing is available for shops) Email for more info on that.

All sizes of Griptec Pulleys and hubs are always in stock, so a 2.31", 2.25", or 2.175" Griptec hub and pulley can be installed while it is here. Installation of the hub is no extra charge.

Nick Williams 103mm throttle bodies are a popular choice to match up with our port, so we can them in stock as well in both polished and anodized black.

I am sure some of you guys may have more questions and I would be glad to answer them either in the comments below or via email where you can reach me at kongperform@gmail.com

Thank you!
Greg K.
-Kong Performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPHDL7YNs5Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQDd_fJuJkw

Before: BONE STOCK LT4 ZL1
Vs.
After: Kong CNC Ported Snout/Supercharger (Stock unported throttle body)
(Independently Tested by Complete Street Performance in West Chester, PA)

Before: Pulley / Intake 2016 C7Z06
Vs.
After: Added Kong CNC Ported Snout/Supercharger
(Independently Tested by Izzy Performance in California)

Cost for porting?
Old 08-17-2018, 05:20 AM
Cobra2Z
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I am on the list to get this port done along with some other things at Complete Street Performance and I am super excited! I had some questions before pulling the trigger on going the ported route and figured I’d try and reach Greg to see if I could pick his brain a bit. He spent a lot of time answering all of my questions and also asked me questions about what my goals and use for the car was. The best part is you can tell he truly has a passion for this stuff and he himself is an enthusiast who gets just as pumped/excited by high horsepower cars.

I can’t wait to get the work done after my other parts come in and report back to everyone. However, thus far I’m very impressed by his customer service all while not even being an official customer. To me that says a lot.

Also, if you haven’t checked out the LT4 build the owner of Complete Street Performance did on his ZL1 it’s worth checking out. I’ll try and link it below, but here’s a brief summary: He gets a baseline of 575 in winter 2017 (stupid cold and really great conditions for high numbers). Then starts adding different mods and checking the gains as he goes. Long story short as of early August 2018, Andrew had done an intake, 103 TB, Kong’s port, 2” headers, and a tune. He did another pull obviously in now crappy hot humid weather and picked up 90 rwhp and 100 rwtq. Making 665 and still hasn’t changed the stock boost level, which is very impressive to me. Obviously, you can see why I’m itching for my similar build! I’ll be sure to report back afterwards as well. Their customer service has also been top notch and I’m not the easiest customer to deal with as I like to be in the know and have a lot of questions!

Hopefully this doesn’t come off as a fanboy or whatever. My reason for posting this is because I feel it’s hard to find good honest people who are also competent. I obviously don’t have my after reviews yet, but I’m confident just with my dealings so far that I’ll be happy. If someone is looking for a shop to work or tune on an LT4, this seems to be a good place to start looking into. I’ll be sure to start a separate thread and give my thoughts and reactions after it’s all said and done.

Goes over baseline and gains from port alone

Total gain with simple mods on stock boost

-Jason
Old 08-17-2018, 05:50 AM
Wandering Scot
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Are the dyno charts with the stock tune?
Is any tuning required?
Old 08-17-2018, 07:37 AM
xkilo16x
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 51 Posts

Yes, interested to know if your ported blower can work with Mamo PTB, AFE, and XPIPE without a tune.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:44 AM
Greg@KongPerformance
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Wandering Scot
Are the dyno charts with the stock tune?
Is any tuning required?
The first dyno shown is on the stock tune. No tuning is required on a bone stock car for the porting alone.

Originally Posted by xkilo16x
Yes, interested to know if your ported blower can work with Mamo PTB, AFE, and XPIPE without a tune.
It would definitely make great power, but I have yet to test my ported blower on a car with these specific mods on a stock tune to know whether or not a tune would be needed. I'm leaning toward no tune needed, but cannot confirm until I get a customer to give it a shot.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:15 AM
Shostopper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Will your 5'' Zr1 intake work with the ported LT4 supercharger snout?
Old 08-17-2018, 10:55 PM
Greg@KongPerformance
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Shostopper
Will your 5'' Zr1 intake work with the ported LT4 supercharger snout?
Sorry, but no that is specific to the C6ZR1.
The following users liked this post:
Shostopper (08-18-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 01:29 PM
Greg@KongPerformance
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for all the PM's and guys sending in blowers. We had a bunch of LT4 shipping containers ship out last week!

We have had 2 more customers report back this past week of seeing nearly 2psi gain in boost from the 103mm throttle and CNC ported supercharger combination using the same pulley combination as before!
Old 09-05-2018, 06:38 PM
Greg@KongPerformance
Supporting Vendor

Another LT4 finished up and headed back to Cordes today! We have been very busy with the LT4 platform! Keeping the turn around time quick for as little down time as possible! 3-5 business day turn around right now.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:58 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

very happy with the LT4 blowers we have received! Those with our IAT cooling packages is a killer combo
Hate2Wait (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 10:17 PM
avtarv
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 68 Posts

Greg, what pulley combo can I run with your potted blower and 103mm TB. Already have the 18% od. Looking for max effort with stick heads and cam.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:42 PM
avtarv
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 68 Posts

Greg, what pulley combo can I run with your potted blower and 103mm TB. Already have the 18% od. Looking for max effort with stick heads and cam.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:22 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by mr056

Cost for porting?
Cost please , & are these gains with or without a tune?
Old 09-07-2018, 12:06 AM
Greg@KongPerformance
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo

Cost please , & are these gains with or without a tune?
Cost is $1275 for the full CNC 103 Race port on the snout and supercharger.

These gains were without any tuning.

Thank you !
Old 09-07-2018, 12:10 AM
Greg@KongPerformance
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by avtarv
A 2.31” pulley would be the max I’d recommend with the 18% as long as you have the fuel system to support it and he cooling mods to keep IATs under control for what you are doing with the car. You would see 16-17 psi with that combination.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:01 PM
Greg@KongPerformance
Supporting Vendor

Headed your way Mr. Cordes!

Get notified of new replies

To Kong Performance CNC Ported LT4 Superchargers being put to the test...

Old 10-06-2018, 07:39 PM
Greg@KongPerformance
Supporting Vendor

LT4 Superchargers getting CNC Ported for for Dedicated Motorsports (TX), Complete Street Performance (PA), and JTM Motorsports (NY) this week just to name a few! These are just a few of the shops across the country who are dealers for our port work. Please message or email us kongperform@gmail.com to find a Dealer near you if you do not feel comfortable removing your supercharger yourself. We have dealers all over the country!

Thank you!
Old 04-20-2019, 01:10 PM
Greg@KongPerformance
Supporting Vendor

Here are a couple more recent builds with our CNC Ported LT4 blowers. One on a Z06, another on a ZL1!

ajrothm (04-20-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 08:13 PM
ssmith512
Melting Slicks

Received 849 Likes on 443 Posts

I am really considering going with a ported blower for my '19Z. What size upper pulley do you recommend to pair with your ported blower for a '19Z with stock fuel and exhaust? (Want to maximize the available power without getting into the fuel system). 93 octane.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Kong Performance CNC Ported LT4 Superchargers being put to the test...