C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Greetings Everyone! Countdown to Order my C7 Z06!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 12:48 AM
DocScott
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Greetings Everyone! Countdown to Order my C7 Z06!

Greetings everyone! My name is Scott Vines and I am currently in my last year of my Doctorate for Physical Therapy! I live in Houston, served 8 years in the army in 2d Ranger Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment as well as in Recon Platoon, 4-23 Infantry, 5th Stryker Brigade. I have been going to school for a LONG time, haha, and upon completion will be a Doctor of Physical Therapy, Personal Trainer and getting my 3rd major muscle car ever, a C7 Z06! I originally wanted a 5th gen Viper back in 2012, but found out I don't exactly fit in it as I am 6'2" so when the C7 Z06 came around, I knew I found my replacement car! My wife has known this since we got together and even helped me pick out my wedding band that is carbon fiber and blue chips to match the car....yeah, I found a keeper. My previous cars include a 2002 Z-28 with Heads, Cam, TNT Nitrous kit, and a whole lotta bolt ons and a 2004 Terminator Cobra with a Stage 6 stiegemeier port and polished supercharger and full bolt ons. I own neither now unfortunately and this new vette is the culmination of almost of decade of hard work and means a lot to me. My father has owned 7 or 8 in his life time and this will be my first! I want to order the C7 prior to the mid engine as I have not been a fan of basically any of the aesthetics I have seen. I have grown over the past few months to appreciate the brand as a whole, regardless of my personal opinions of the C8 as the vette community is unlike anything I have ever seen and everyone is pretty dang supportive of all makes and models!

I will be ordering my C7 Z06 in June of 2019, right after I graduate in May. I will offer a few major points of the order and pose a question or two to the community to see what you all think!
-3LZ Elkhart Lake Blue
-Chrome Rims
-Gloss Carbon fiber Interior with Microfiber and Blue Stitching
-Carbon fiber exterior except for roof and mirrors (Gonna add the aftermarket carbon fiber bits to replace the gloss black ones)
-Corsa Sport (love exhaust note more than any other system)
-Haltech Carbon Fiber Intake
-Tune

Pictured below are my two previous cars and the closest renditions to the car I am planning on ordering. Shout out to Rick Conti and his awesome PDI videos. Currently thinking of order through him. Seems like a really awesome guy. My z28 was an auto prior to the tranny letting go and I converted over to a Manual with a Tremec T-56. The Cobra was obviously a manual as well. The question then, is although the auto is faster, I feel the manual is more fun to drive. I have seen great reviews of both but have only seen some auto owners saying they wish they would have ordered the manual but never the other way around
. I am used to driving manual in traffic so that is not an obstacle. I am moving to a suburb south so I am not going to be in horrible traffic either. I am extremely interested in the paddle shifting of the auto and am curious if that is as much fun as it looks and if others think its similar to rowing gears? I have seen the reviews about the "lag" in manual mode, but understand that the lag is minimal to none during wide-open-throttle. If so, I am more than ok with this. I have been back and forth for a while and plan on trying to test drive both in the next few weeks. I have also heard that the rear ends of the manual's are more fragile, is there any merit to this? Thanks to everyone for their input and am looking forward to joining this prestigious club!

Scott Vines
scott.vines01@gmail.com

Old 08-20-2018, 09:31 AM
RossDowningChevrolet
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Welcome Scott and congratulations.
Ross Downing Chevrolet
Louisiana's #1 Corvette Dealer since 1992
985-345-1285

"PUTTING DREAMS IN DRIVEWAYS ACROSS AMERICA"

Join our Facebook Corvette community!

New Corvettes For Sale | Used Corvettes For Sale | About Us | Contact Us
Old 08-20-2018, 09:53 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,303 Likes on 13,975 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Scott - first off, welcome to the forum. You pose a lot of good questions and since you are interested in a C7 Z06, I think the best place to get answers is in the C7 Z06 Discussion Section. So I am moving this thread over there. Best of luck finishing up your Doctorate and then in placing your order for that Z06.

Get notified of new replies

To Greetings Everyone! Countdown to Order my C7 Z06!

Quick Reply: Greetings Everyone! Countdown to Order my C7 Z06!