C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

GM Customer Service is a Joke

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 07:33 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Received 640 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by stoessjc
OK ronsc1985, how about I add to my whine the fact that the same dealer, during the same service, cracked the rocker panel when they were doing the oil change. A car I had six months now has to have body work done because the dealer did not know how to lift the car properly. Now do I have enough to whine about? Oh and, by the way, the OP did spend time using metal polish and elbow grease and was not successful.

See all the replies that actually gave me suggestions on how to fix the problem? I would expect more from you, a CF Senior Member, but then maybe my expectations are too high and that's why I whine so much at so little. One of the things I really dislike about this forum is how many people respond with sarcasm, criticism, and sometimes downright mean. Just because you think it seems minor doesn't mean someone else should. And just to make it clear before you respond, you did not hurt my feelings with your reply. You just disappointed by not meeting my expectations.
I'm with you on this. Seems like a lot of the folks on the forum treat it like Facebook on which half the time is spent bashing each other. Since we all theoretically love our cars, it seems to me that we ought to interact as friends...and dispense with the personal attacks. The guy spent a lot of money on a car and expects it to look new when he gets it. For this he get's called a whiner? Lighten up.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:06 PM
Satanspawn
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

This thread makes me chuckle while face-palming...
Old 08-28-2018, 11:32 PM
stoessjc
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I don't think it has anything to do with not affecting performance. GM says they aren't going to replace that part because of a cosmetic problem. Unlike paint on the outside or interior of the car the S/C cover doesn't have any function except to seal the top of the S/C its polish or lack thereof doesn't protect the S/C or cover or really affect it from a cosmetic standpoint. It doesn't need to look any better than the alternator or water pump look. You can always use some aluminum polish to make it better than the best one that comes out of the factory.

Bill
Might buy this if the s/c lid was painted all black. GM polished lines on it to accent the engine bay. That makes it similar to the paint on the body of the car or the trim on the inside, as far as I am concerned. Its a detail that should leave the factory as it was intended to be when designed. Sure, it does not affect the function. How about the exhaust tips being scratched up. Doesn't affect the function and might not be that visible. Would you expect GM to cover that under their "bumper to bumper" warranty if it came from the factory scratched up: Or how about the air dams under the front of the car. You can't even see those, but what if they came from the factory scratched up because of how the car was handled during delivery or assembly and you looked under the car when you bought it. Would you insist that they be replaced because they were not designed to look like that? I think the answer to both of those questions is yes, you would insist on it being fixed because it was designed for a certain fit and finish. I am sure the drawing of the s/c lid did not include a note saying "apply appropriate fluid to stain polished aluminum stripes on s/c lid." Now, if the design drawing does show that, then I would not have a valid reason to expect a warranty claim to be honored.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:08 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

Might buy this if the s/c lid was painted all black. GM polished lines on it to accent the engine bay. That makes it similar to the paint on the body of the car or the trim on the inside, as far as I am concerned. Its a detail that should leave the factory as it was intended to be when designed. Sure, it does not affect the function. How about the exhaust tips being scratched up. Doesn't affect the function and might not be that visible. Would you expect GM to cover that under their "bumper to bumper" warranty if it came from the factory scratched up: Or how about the air dams under the front of the car. You can't even see those, but what if they came from the factory scratched up because of how the car was handled during delivery or assembly and you looked under the car when you bought it. Would you insist that they be replaced because they were not designed to look like that? I think the answer to both of those questions is yes, you would insist on it being fixed because it was designed for a certain fit and finish. I am sure the drawing of the s/c lid did not include a note saying "apply appropriate fluid to stain polished aluminum stripes on s/c lid." Now, if the design drawing does show that, then I would not have a valid reason to expect a warranty claim to be honored.
you sure like to complain and write a lot on something you can fix in a half hour with a podcast on in the background relaxing while you work on your favorite car. They aren’t going to polish your lid, kid ;-).

they don’t polish the alternator either like Bill said and they aren’t giving you a new on due to a stain.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pacembellum:
iw172 (08-30-2018), Satanspawn (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 03:22 PM
ronsc1985
Melting Slicks

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

OK ronsc1985, how about I add to my whine the fact that the same dealer, during the same service, cracked the rocker panel when they were doing the oil change. A car I had six months now has to have body work done because the dealer did not know how to lift the car properly. Now do I have enough to whine about? Oh and, by the way, the OP did spend time using metal polish and elbow grease and was not successful.

See all the replies that actually gave me suggestions on how to fix the problem? I would expect more from you, a CF Senior Member, but then maybe my expectations are too high and that's why I whine so much at so little. One of the things I really dislike about this forum is how many people respond with sarcasm, criticism, and sometimes downright mean. Just because you think it seems minor doesn't mean someone else should. And just to make it clear before you respond, you did not hurt my feelings with your reply. You just disappointed by not meeting my expectations.
I expect people to use some common sense instead of posting endless complaints about things they can easily do themselves. If you are incapable of doing anything for yourself I'd suggest finding a detail shop that can tolerate a lot of whining from their customers.

Adding other complaints does not change the fact you started a thread complaining about GM service for a non problem.

The following 2 users liked this post by ronsc1985:
iw172 (08-30-2018), Satanspawn (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 04:49 PM
atljar
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacembellum
They aren’t going to polish your lid, kid ;-).
How about his ****, Bob?
Old 08-29-2018, 08:53 PM
Kevin1106
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I’ll take a stained supercharger In exchange for a hood that matches my car. I feel your pain, luckily it looks like I’ll be getting a new hood here soon... I got my fingers crossed.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:12 PM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Mine had some water spots on it also. Haven't looked at it since.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:15 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

Try water spot remover or if its metal a light metal polish?
Old 08-29-2018, 09:19 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Here's the issue: the chances sound slim to me that the OP will get dealer satisfaction. So, now what?

OP I suggest, since your efforts to date of doing it yourself haven't worked, you begin looking for a shop that will do the work for you. Does that sound reasonable? Forget all the rest of what you believe you're entitled to-it's not going to happen. Seek a solution to the problem in a timely manner. You are not living out in East Gibip---you're in a wealthy, suburban area-you have options AND shops.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:28 PM
stoessjc
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ronsc1985
I expect people to use some common sense instead of posting endless complaints about things they can easily do themselves. If you are incapable of doing anything for yourself I'd suggest finding a detail shop that can tolerate a lot of whining from their customers.

Adding other complaints does not change the fact you started a thread complaining about GM service for a non problem.
OK ronsc1985, why don't you go back and carefully read my original post. It was entitled "GM Customer Service Sucks." It was not GM service and it did not focus on the GM dealer that was servicing my vehicle. It really did not even focus on the issue of the s/c lid or that I was insisting on a resolution that would replace my s/c lid. It was making a point about how GM Customer Service (not GM dealer customer service) advocates for the buyer of GM products when the buyer disagrees with a decision that GM makes. I expected them to do more than call the dealer I had already been to and repeat back to me what they already told me. I expected a better answer than the silly one they gave me. Do a search on this forum and see how many of those complaints, whether for minor things like you seem to think this, or major items. Did you tell each one of those to stop whining? I bet you even supporting some of the ones you considered important. But you just had to voice your opinion on this, even though I am sure you knew (1) it would draw in others to echo what you wrote and (2) it would do absolutely nothing good. And you couldn't even keep it to an opinion. Reread your original post and see how it goes from attempted humor to clearly attempting to insult the OP. Did you really think that is what I was looking for when I posted this thread or that would somehow help me understand GM Customer Service? What prevented you from just moving on without commenting? Does it somehow make you feel superior or all-knowing about what is right and what is wrong in the Corvette community. You don't know me and I don't know you, but you sure seem to be quick to point out my shortcomings and tell me what I need to do. Did I ask anyone for that kind of advice? Again, go back and read my original post and see if you can figure it out this time.

Yes, I am spending a lot more time on this then I want, but let's remember who started this battle. You could do the gracious, Senior Member thing and apologize for misreading my post and/or taking things in another direction (benefit of the doubt unintentional). You could just stop posting. Or you could continue to reply, in which case I will continue this nonsense until a Moderator decides enough is enough. Your choice.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:17 AM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Old 08-30-2018, 06:39 AM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by rbartick
Given the fact that so many here customize their engine bay or show their vehicles I do find this unacceptable for a factory ordered CORVETTE.

Last edited by QUAKEJAKE; 08-30-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:22 AM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 716 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Satanspawn
This thread makes me chuckle while face-palming...
Old 08-30-2018, 08:52 AM
ronsc1985
Melting Slicks

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

OK ronsc1985, why don't you go back and carefully read my original post. It was entitled "GM Customer Service Sucks." It was not GM service and it did not focus on the GM dealer that was servicing my vehicle. It really did not even focus on the issue of the s/c lid or that I was insisting on a resolution that would replace my s/c lid. It was making a point about how GM Customer Service (not GM dealer customer service) advocates for the buyer of GM products when the buyer disagrees with a decision that GM makes. I expected them to do more than call the dealer I had already been to and repeat back to me what they already told me. I expected a better answer than the silly one they gave me. Do a search on this forum and see how many of those complaints, whether for minor things like you seem to think this, or major items. Did you tell each one of those to stop whining? I bet you even supporting some of the ones you considered important. But you just had to voice your opinion on this, even though I am sure you knew (1) it would draw in others to echo what you wrote and (2) it would do absolutely nothing good. And you couldn't even keep it to an opinion. Reread your original post and see how it goes from attempted humor to clearly attempting to insult the OP. Did you really think that is what I was looking for when I posted this thread or that would somehow help me understand GM Customer Service? What prevented you from just moving on without commenting? Does it somehow make you feel superior or all-knowing about what is right and what is wrong in the Corvette community. You don't know me and I don't know you, but you sure seem to be quick to point out my shortcomings and tell me what I need to do. Did I ask anyone for that kind of advice? Again, go back and read my original post and see if you can figure it out this time.

Yes, I am spending a lot more time on this then I want, but let's remember who started this battle. You could do the gracious, Senior Member thing and apologize for misreading my post and/or taking things in another direction (benefit of the doubt unintentional). You could just stop posting. Or you could continue to reply, in which case I will continue this nonsense until a Moderator decides enough is enough. Your choice.
Calm down snowflake.

You are complaining about GM not acceding to your wishes to fix a non problem.

BTW excessive wordiness doesn't make you look smart, it just illustrates you are a windbag..

You must be of the school "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, try and baffle them with bullshit".

You post a silly complaint, people tell you how to resolve it and all you do is post more long winded nonsense. I suspect you must be the kind of person for which the ignore function was designed. I will use it for the intended purpose
The following users liked this post:
iw172 (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 09:00 AM
revo1059
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I doubt any manufacturer (short of the really high end exotics) would replace that for some water stains.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:13 AM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Why are so many saying theirs are stained? Is this from some cool off procedure in manufacture? I actually have no idea if mine is stained or not. Maybe I'll remember to look some day.

Get notified of new replies

To GM Customer Service is a Joke

Old 08-30-2018, 09:39 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Carvin
Why are so many saying theirs are stained? Is this from some cool off procedure in manufacture? I actually have no idea if mine is stained or not. Maybe I'll remember to look some day.
Mine has never been stained, but I do polish the shiny part on top of my supercharger with Adam's metal polish. It shines like chrome.
The following users liked this post:
Carvin (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 11:49 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

Or you can do what I do when I find someone who has nothing of worth to say - add them to my ignore list. 85 definitely fits in that group.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:51 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

As for the water spots, try barkeeper's friend. It works really well for removing them.

Quick Reply: GM Customer Service is a Joke