C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2300 Club!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 07:39 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

Originally Posted by cajunboyz
Who did your Install,& where located
I do not have one on my car. My buddy's white Z06 wss one of the first with it. He owns Tune Time Performance. Close relationship with magnacharger (he is one of their authorized dealers and installers) he's done numerous 2300 swaps on C7Z's as well as head cam etc etc..

it's all in the tune. If you go mad effort you should be running an additive for insurance as pump gas varies and you know how it is with boosted motors.

if you go 9/10ths you'll be fine on pump gas. That's the key is a good tuner and good communication with what your desired results are are you the guy who buys a case of race gas octane booster and leaves it in the garage faithfully putting a can in at each fill up at 20 bucks a can? Or does that not appeal to you and 93 is all you want to deal with? It can be done numerous ways but you cant call for max effort and take a day off so to speak (not that the member who broke a plug did just making a point).

what makes tune time performance so good is Matt. Matt will not set you up for failure. He's a good guy who is passionate and owns this car and loves it. His dyno is a dream killer. Guys come in from other area tuners with all kinds of high numbers only to be put in their place by the mustang dyno.

the real results are when a 600rwhp tune time car puts bus lengths on the 700rwhp other shop car.

and for trans tunes? If theres anyone better out there they are hiding pretty well. Because so many people come to him for a fix after their trans are near toast or worse.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:27 AM
cajunboyz
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
I do not have one on my car. My buddy's white Z06 wss one of the first with it. He owns Tune Time Performance. Close relationship with magnacharger (he is one of their authorized dealers and installers) he's done numerous 2300 swaps on C7Z's as well as head cam etc etc..

it's all in the tune. If you go mad effort you should be running an additive for insurance as pump gas varies and you know how it is with boosted motors.

if you go 9/10ths you'll be fine on pump gas. That's the key is a good tuner and good communication with what your desired results are are you the guy who buys a case of race gas octane booster and leaves it in the garage faithfully putting a can in at each fill up at 20 bucks a can? Or does that not appeal to you and 93 is all you want to deal with? It can be done numerous ways but you cant call for max effort and take a day off so to speak (not that the member who broke a plug did just making a point).

what makes tune time performance so good is Matt. Matt will not set you up for failure. He's a good guy who is passionate and owns this car and loves it. His dyno is a dream killer. Guys come in from other area tuners with all kinds of high numbers only to be put in their place by the mustang dyno.

the real results are when a 600rwhp tune time car puts bus lengths on the 700rwhp other shop car.

and for trans tunes? If theres anyone better out there they are hiding pretty well. Because so many people come to him for a fix after their trans are near toast or worse.
So Matt at Tune Time Performance? Will have to call him. Thanks
Old 10-20-2018, 09:14 AM
Hate2Wait
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sooo, I may have missed it, But If ya do the 2300, good intake(HalTechk or AFE,or?), add long tube headers, what is a conservative reliable RWHP of this combo. Can you add a pulley(with tune of course) how much more rwhp. Trying NOT to go meth, but want conservative/reliable HP. Want it to be good to stretch its legs(top end run) now & then.
I would think very close to above post of 690. Torque would be down a good bit from the 740 that the other person made, but within reason.

You could change out upper or lower pulleys, E85, built Heads, Cam, 103mmtb, Tune. There are a lot of options available Meth doesn't have to be one of them. Don't want to run meth, but running into IAT issues, change out the heat exchanger, and then add an expansion tank. You would be adding over 2 gallons of coolant which would greatly delay the heat up time. Also with the larger more efficient heat exchanger it should cool down more effectively. If concerned about meth for fuel there are also ways around that, new low side fuel etc.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:26 PM
charlierogers
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by charlierogers
like 3zo6zr1 said, I just finished mine. 11 hours total and that was spending about 45 min looking for a retainer plate that dropped into engine bay. very straight forward job!! and very easy install, minus a couple rear supercharger bolts lol {the guys that have done them are laughing right now}. mine started right up and I drove it too my tuner {nicky performance of Chicago} about 7 miles away. no limp mode,no codes thrown. my mods were 2300,103tb, halltech, already did norcal cat delete no headers., just started tuning tonight on 93 pump gas no meth. so far 690rwhp + 740tq going to do a little more tuning on Monday and I will update my thread.
Charlie,,,
just for accuracy I want to update my mods list for anybody comparing similar builds. I forgot to list that I am running a 73.66 pulley and a katech 103 billet supercharger snout.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:58 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z

Sounds just like my Tuner. His Mustang dyno reads low as well esp on the RWTQ. Lot of Dyno jets read way high of a value on the RWTQ ESP.
Just comparing the numbers and mods that I see.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:21 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Sooo, I may have missed it, But If ya do the 2300, good intake(HalTechk or AFE,or?), add long tube headers, what is a conservative reliable RWHP of this combo. Can you add a pulley(with tune of course) how much more rwhp. Trying NOT to go meth, but want conservative/reliable HP. Want it to be good to stretch its legs(top end run) now & then.

These are Mustang dyno numbers the Hp should be pretty close but I feel it reads low on the RWTQ side. This was before the 95 MM tb
with 3 mods Halltech intake, ARH 2 inch coated w/cats and 2300 and tune and the needed MM catch can and PVC fitting.. With only on 92 octane.
Add a little race gas and she is super fast.Going another step with the ATI balancer going to do the 5 percent and retune w/the 95MM tb.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 10-20-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:17 PM
charlierogers
Advanced

interesting note on my dyno numbers. just before my zo6 went on the dyno a 2018 zl1, 10 speed was getting the final tweeks on the tune. same mods except it had 2inch headers +full exhaust. pump gas with a splash of ethanol. I believe the numbers were 736hp- 725 tq . both tunes are not on the ragged end as some say as they have safe tunes. we were really surprised with the tq numbers! I am wondering if the stock manifolds are helping a little more on the tq side and hurting the hp do to less flow??? but I think its safe to say headers on a zo6 2.3 Maggie build are not a must have item!!! on a side note the zl1 with headers sounded WAAAYYY better imho.
Charlie,,,
Old 10-20-2018, 10:37 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

interesting note on my dyno numbers. just before my zo6 went on the dyno a 2018 zl1, 10 speed was getting the final tweeks on the tune. same mods except it had 2inch headers +full exhaust. pump gas with a splash of ethanol. I believe the numbers were 736hp- 725 tq . both tunes are not on the ragged end as some say as they have safe tunes. we were really surprised with the tq numbers! I am wondering if the stock manifolds are helping a little more on the tq side and hurting the hp do to less flow??? but I think its safe to say headers on a zo6 2.3 Maggie build are not a must have item!!! on a side note the zl1 with headers sounded WAAAYYY better imho.
Charlie,,,
I had 2 inch ARH jet hot coated installed at dyno time plus the 2300 and the Halltech on my dyno. The headers were good for about 40 rwhp on my tuners Mustang dyno. I feel they are must for my builds. Plus I love the sound of headers. Makes the factory GM exhaust sound pretty good to me.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 10-20-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:49 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

like 3zo6zr1 said, I just finished mine. 11 hours total and that was spending about 45 min looking for a retainer plate that dropped into engine bay. very straight forward job!! and very easy install, minus a couple rear supercharger bolts lol {the guys that have done them are laughing right now}. mine started right up and I drove it too my tuner {nicky performance of Chicago} about 7 miles away. no limp mode,no codes thrown. my mods were 2300,103tb, halltech, already did norcal cat delete no headers., just started tuning tonight on 93 pump gas no meth. so far 690rwhp + 740tq going to do a little more tuning on Monday and I will update my thread.
Charlie,,,
Great numbers the 2300 turns these cars blistering fast IMO my tune is very slightly fat on the dyno and seems the Halltech trick must give extra air giving a sweet high end boost.
Took a run tonight for a quick 100 plus and WOW does the car BOOK!
Track times are going to unreal getting a track pack. looking to be the only guy on the forum with an A8 and M7 both in the 9's is the goal!
Old 10-20-2018, 10:58 PM
HNK
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Do you log your runs??
Old 10-20-2018, 11:04 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HNK
Do you log your runs??
My tuner does a extensive full tune and I cannot make any changes I don't have any way to. But I do know I have a great tune.
I look at data when I am untuned adding mods to look at trims and maybe a few other things but no I don't log them or tune.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:38 PM
Hate2Wait
Advanced

Charlie,,,
What are all your mods?

Unrelated to the above quote and question,.

AMP is adding more to a 2300 build that they have previously completed. Has an outside chance of hitting 900. Which to my knowledge would be the record for this supercharger on the LT4.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:31 AM
The T-man
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

anyone know west coast installer/tuner for this?
Old 10-21-2018, 08:21 AM
Habeas Corpus
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Can you use the Afe intake with 2300? I believe the 2300 inlet sits a little to the right, so I’m wondering about intake fitment issues.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:32 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by The T-man
Tom Wong Performance Engineer
Vancouver Washington. He is as good as they come. He is the guy you want tuning it.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:00 PM
charlierogers
Advanced

Originally Posted by Habeas Corpus
Can you use the Afe intake with 2300? I believe the 2300 inlet sits a little to the right, so I’m wondering about intake fitment issues.

not sure about the afe but the halltech was off by about 1 1/4. I modified it by using the rubber corrugated part of the stock intake to lengthen the halltech tube. u can see the bulge under sock. I still have to reroute overflow under airbox
The following users liked this post:
AZGASSER (10-22-2018)
Old 10-21-2018, 01:22 PM
HNK
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Will need someone with afe and 103mm to give their feedback

Get notified of new replies

To 2300 Club!

Old 10-21-2018, 03:24 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

I left the Halltech loose at the fender
can get additional air cannot go anywhere. Sits on the Nomex sock.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 10-21-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:01 AM
Hate2Wait
Advanced

Originally Posted by The T-man
Cordes Performance Racing is in Tucson Arizona. I have yet to hear a LEGITIMATE negative comment about their work. (1 stupid review on FB). Idk if they would be close to you or not. If it wasn't so far from me I would send my car there in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Hate2Wait; 10-22-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:58 PM
Kansasz06
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I’m seriously considering doing the swap. One thing I would like to know from those that have done it is how does it affect your gas mileage and drive ability around town? I drive mine on several short trips (300-500 miles) and do enjoy the 23-24 mpg out on the highway

Quick Reply: 2300 Club!