C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Corvette Wins Performance Car Of the Year

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 11:52 AM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 545 Likes on 378 Posts

Default Corvette Wins Performance Car Of the Year

all you foreign car lovers,read em and weep.CORVETTE FOREVER
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...cid=spartanntp
The following 3 users liked this post by lordofwar:
$Bill (12-02-2018), 01REDSS (11-25-2018), kenw (11-25-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 01:47 PM
Range_Rat
Safety Car

Received 231 Likes on 131 Posts

Prolly not a whole lot of foreign car lovers here … just saying ...
Old 11-25-2018, 03:59 PM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Range_Rat
I like ferraries and if I could afford a 488 I would buy one,but I love my Z06 better and faster and I can afford it.
The following 2 users liked this post by lordofwar:
5150 BRD (11-25-2018), jbsblownc5 (12-01-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 04:04 PM
dar02081961
Melting Slicks

Received 845 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by lordofwar
all you foreign car lovers,read em and weep.CORVETTE FOREVER
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...cid=spartanntp
Thanks. This article put somethings in to context for me.

I may have missed the discussion. But the article below raised a few questions to me so I bring it up here for that reason.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/pors...on-power-down/

I find it hard to believe most every time Pobst drives a ZO6 or a ZR1 nowadays he finds a way to dump on them.
His comment about the ZR1's brakes feeling "like stepping on a wet sponge," sounded over the top to me.
Perhaps its just me but he seems Pro Porsche and a bit biased against the Vette. Or maybe his evaluations are strictly from a track car standpoint and doesn't consider we will drive these things everyday on public roads as well.
The strength of the Vette is everyday use in an everyday world. This is where they shine.
The following users liked this post:
Harbgrogan (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 06:02 PM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Motor Trend television was wasn't so kind to the ZR1. They eliminated it from their field very quickly.
Harbgrogan (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 07:26 PM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
Motor Trend television was wasn't so kind to the ZR1. They eliminated it from their field very quickly.
motor trend has never been kind to corvettes.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:28 PM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dar02081961
Thanks. This article put somethings in to context for me.

I may have missed the discussion. But the article below raised a few questions to me so I bring it up here for that reason.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/pors...on-power-down/

I find it hard to believe most every time Pobst drives a ZO6 or a ZR1 nowadays he finds a way to dump on them.
His comment about the ZR1's brakes feeling "like stepping on a wet sponge," sounded over the top to me.
Perhaps its just me but he seems Pro Porsche and a bit biased against the Vette. Or maybe his evaluations are strictly from a track car standpoint and doesn't consider we will drive these things everyday on public roads as well.
The strength of the Vette is everyday use in an everyday world. This is where they shine.

The strength of the Vette is everyday use in an everyday world. This is where they shine".that is the trues statement that can be made about our cars.real world everyday driving.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:08 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

The strength of the Vette is everyday use in an everyday world. This is where they shine".that is the trues statement that can be made about our cars.real world everyday driving.
I'm on my second C7 Z06 and couldn't agree more. I've owned many performance/sports cars over the years and the Z06 is without a doubt one of the best I've ever owned. The Z06 is the first car I've ever owned that I like just the way it is. To me, it's the entire package. I have a tendency to mod cars to try to make them perform "better." I don't feel that way with the Z06.
Toddiesel (12-01-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 09:55 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

I like ferraries and if I could afford a 488 I would buy one,but I love my Z06 better and faster and I can afford it.
I can afford either and chose the Z. Which is not to say the 488 isn't a grea car, I just am not moved by Ferarri's and Porsche but likely don't want to spend the money for a Koenigsegg! At least then you can open the engine cover, unless some of the top line models from other vendors!

Then again, the two times I've seen Steve Ballmer out driving, it was once in a Lincoln Town car and once in an F-150. But I think his Dad worked for Ford as kid, so it's a soft spot for him I bet!

Last edited by davepl; 11-27-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:45 PM
elburrito99
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It's great to see the ZR1 win over such remarkable cars. The Senna, GT2RS, and 488 Pista are at the top of the heap for super cars.

That said, two thoughts after reading the article:
  1. Is Chevy not providing 3LZ-optioned test cars to the magazines? The car magazines have knocked the interiors of Corvettes for years. With that in mind, why would Chevy provide any test car that is not a 3LZ with competition seats???
  2. If Chevy had originally delivered to the car magazines Z06s with the correct (track-oriented) rear camber/alignment and the (now upgraded) suspension setup, it likely would have won similar head-to-head comparisons.
It seems Chevy gets in its own way sometimes by failing to deliver the best possible cars for testing. It's a shame since the manufacturers generally only get one bite at the apple when having their halo cars reviewed...
Old 11-30-2018, 05:54 PM
dar02081961
Melting Slicks

Received 845 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by elburrito99
It's great to see the ZR1 win over such remarkable cars. The Senna, GT2RS, and 488 Pista are at the top of the heap for super cars.

That said, two thoughts after reading the article:
  1. Is Chevy not providing 3LZ-optioned test cars to the magazines? The car magazines have knocked the interiors of Corvettes for years. With that in mind, why would Chevy provide any test car that is not a 3LZ with competition seats???
  2. If Chevy had originally delivered to the car magazines Z06s with the correct (track-oriented) rear camber/alignment and the (now upgraded) suspension setup, it likely would have won similar head-to-head comparisons.
It seems Chevy gets in its own way sometimes by failing to deliver the best possible cars for testing. It's a shame since the manufacturers generally only get one bite at the apple when having their halo cars reviewed...
It wouldn't help. They would still find some BS to complain about.

I mean really. The Porches interior is excellent but where are the steering wheel mounted stereo and cruise controls?
Where are the cup holders? Where is the reconfigurable LCD instrument panel? Do the seat backs even adjust for angle?
And as best I can tell you still need to insert the key to drive the damned thing. And where is the removable top for nice summer nights?

I get it the interior is track focused for track duty, that being the case why bring up interiors at all?
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/...lery/?slide=30
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/...lery/?slide=31
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/...lery/?slide=32
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/...lery/?slide=15
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/...lery/?slide=16
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/...lery/?slide=17

Its all BS really. You cant look at the two and make the claim the Porsche's is nicer with a straight face.
​​​​​​​Many of us remember the days when you couldn't get A/C or power windows in performance Porsche's, when these and other options where readily available on Vettes. The magazine line then was "The Porsche is a purist sport car for purist dedicated solely to performance so the interior isn't very important".

The battle between the 911 and Vette rages on as they both continue to evolve. Some years the Porsche is ahead and some years the Vette is ahead.
The only thing that changes are the excuses they make for the Porsche as to why GM can compete for half the price.

Last edited by dar02081961; 11-30-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:36 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,837 Likes on 660 Posts

Both Motor Trend and Car & Driver are so far up Porsche's *** they couldn't see daylight if they wanted to.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:36 PM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Range_Rat
Damn, you beat me to it!! Prolly better to post a "read it and weap" flaunt on the GTR forum or something like that. Good link though. Will keep it in my back pocket for my ricer friends
Old 12-01-2018, 07:03 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
Both Motor Trend and Car & Driver are so far up Porsche's *** they couldn't see daylight if they wanted to.
Exactly and when is the last time any of them took one these juiced up Punch Buggys in for service off warranty.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Wins Performance Car Of the Year

Quick Reply: Corvette Wins Performance Car Of the Year