C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

The Dilemma of Borla vs Corsa!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 06:54 PM
ArcticZ1
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Borla seems to be the way to go when keeping the stock NPP exhaust. Sounds great
Old 01-19-2019, 10:22 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK06ZO6
I think you absolutely made the right move. If I had gone with Borla I would have done the same thing. Its great to have NPP function just in case you want it, even if you don’t use it
I have the Borla S Type and X-pipe. Beautiful sound. I did the DIY mild2wild as I needed a way to not scare the shi$ out of people at work in the garage at startup. Otherwise it's on wild.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:34 PM
BLK06ZO6
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I wanted to chime in with a quick comparison of the two X pipes since I just finished installing both back-to-back. We installed the Corsa X pipe on my ZO6 and the Borla catless X pipe on my Dad’s GS. Both parts and hardware were of equal quality and install was straightforward with two people and the use of lift. I think the Corsa was a little easier to install and I liked the hardware better. Both fit very well and we checked for leaks and there were none. Now for the sound, I don’t have anything new that hasn’t been said already. The Corsa is louder than the Borla on high-rpm revs and it has a higher pitch. I love the tone and I think it will sound nasty at WOT on track. The Borla amplifies the stock tone and sounds great down low. It’s throaty and growls. On cold start, not much difference between Corsa and stock. The Borla sounds deeper and it’s more of a noticeable change compared to stock than the Corsa is. Since it’s snowing here we didn’t get to run the cars to really hear the changes compared to stock but some healthy revs were very enjoyable to listen to. I personally think both sound awesome and it simply boils down to which you think sounds better. That being said you can’t really make a mistake either way. And another plug for Josh at Meraki Autoworks as I bought both X pipes from him and it was a great transaction.
The following users liked this post:
bluekey28 (12-04-2020)
Old 02-02-2019, 04:11 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 588 Likes on 519 Posts

^ Thank you sir!

Glad you enjoy it.

-Josh
Old 12-04-2020, 02:28 AM
ElisTwoCents
Le Mans Master

Received 420 Likes on 234 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06,'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Torch-Red-Z06
I have the Borla
My experience with the Corsa was too “tinny” or high pitched and removed it after only a few months. Frankly, it sounded close to a Chinese brand called OBX.

I’ve had a few sports cars and 3 Vettes at the moment, 2 of em with B&B exhaust and one with Borla ATAK. All Vettes modded with headers at minimum.

A fairer comparison may be between B&B or Borla setups

B&B - Modern Rock
Borla - Classic Rock
Corsa - Pop/Top 40
The following users liked this post:
BearZ06 (12-04-2020)

Quick Reply: The Dilemma of Borla vs Corsa!!